Sign in to follow this  
edgematic

Audemars Piguet Diver with AR'ed cyclops as per GEN mod

edgematic

Hey guys,

As stated in my review the AP Diver V3 has a cyclopse that is too blue compared with the gen. Since not a lot of modders are able to mod (and AR'ing a cyclops is quite expensive and not easy), I started thinking about making a new cyclopse with AR.

This has been proposed by me to Uwe and he has made some for the ROO's a while ago. But since he has health/family problems I needed to look for another source.

Member Big Crown (trusted vendor on RG, RWI) succeeded an amazing project to make some Rolex crystals with AR'ed cyclopses. I contacted him and he wanted to do this.

The manufacturer will start the production of the cyclops, should be ready in 3-4 weeks. BigCrown was able to get them produced.

Better be fast with these if you're interested as there is a limited run on the cyclopses. Once they are produced, a tutorial will be posted with the mods to perform.

153.jpg

*Mods, if I violate the rules, please send me a PM. Thanks!

Price is: $42.50 each*****

This is the pricing structure with regards to time:

Friday, October 12, 2012 through Friday, October 19, 2012: $42.50 + Shipping per AP Lens

Saturday, October 20, 2012 - Friday, October 26, 2012: $47.50 + Shipping per AP Lens

Saturday, October 27, 2012 - Friday, November 2, 2012: $52.50 + Shipping per AP Lens

Saturday, November 3, 2012 - Friday, October 19, 2012: $57.50 + Shipping per AP Lens

Shipping Prices: shipped from the US to you, so if you are in the United States:

USPS Priority with tracking: $4.95

USPS Express: $18.95

Outside of the United States:

USPS Priority Mail: $18

USPS Express (EMS): $34

For payment info just send me a PM! smile.png

sconehead

Sorry mate, I'll have to pull this thread for now...

sconehead

Checked out and thread reinstated...

edgematic

Thanks mods! Appreciated :)

Member X

Nice work!

Now I just have to find some money to buy a Diver in the first place.. :facepalm: :( :lol:

Kaiser

Any idea about the skill level needed to be able to perform this mod? Will a rudimentary skill level suffice or will it involve removing hands, dial etc..?

kolchak

looks great and solves the main "tell" of a super rep. I wanted to check out your review Edge but the link isn't working

Cyril_Clunge

looks great and solves the main "tell" of a super rep. I wanted to check out your review Edge but the link isn't working

Should be working now.

kolchak

Should be working now.

thanks - works like a charm now. That is the quintessential V3 Diver review

edgematic

Any idea about the skill level needed to be able to perform this mod? Will a rudimentary skill level suffice or will it involve removing hands, dial etc..?

Imo you need to be able to work on a watch quite well, it involves removing hands & dial indeed. A tutorial will be posted in a few weeks.

gB.

PM'd for one. I'm in!

:D

edgematic

all pm's replied :)

gB.

all pm's replied :)

Payment sent. :)

edgematic

still some available guys!

gB.
still some available guys!

If we've ordered and paid, when are they expected to be shipped?

edgematic

Here is a link to the first viewing of Prototype 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UL26IGEBzlE

As can be seen, we are 95% there. BigCrown had no choice to reject the initial AR because we can still see a slight blue hue. The delay will be 2-3 weeks.

gB.
As can be seen, we are 95% there. BigCrown had no choice to reject the initial AR because we can still see a slight blue hue. The delay will be 2-3 weeks.

What's the update on these?

:popcorn:

sconehead

...as far as I'm aware he's got them now, he posted this on the 10th,

Hi guys, thanks for your patience.

The project is finished. Hurray! I am posting pics today of the original rep version, and all three prototypes. The final version has a nice, completely colorless AR coating as was designed.

I will receive the lenses tomorrow evening.

Project Budget: only about 60% of the people that signed up for a AP Cyclops Lens actually followed through and paid for the pre-order. In the meantime, PureTime has come out with their version for $2 cheaper than my price. Therefore, i have no choice but to offer the remainder of the lenses at or below the PureTime price.

Thank you...updates to follow.

look here, http://www.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/ordering-instructions-for-119750p7.html

gB.

You da' man Scone!

...or primate, as it were

Realism

yep...