Sign in to follow this  
sardonix

Older DSSD rep and older DSSD gen

sardonix

The DSSD is the first rep i bought early in 2011. It came from a local dealer here in Holland, i was to afraid back then to order in China had no PayPal or credit card back then :giggle:

I guess its some "ultimate" version from some China dealer in those days. It has Swiss Eta and is waterproofed. Must say i am not a member of the "team the loupe club" when it comes to reps. I accept the little flaws.

So i am not pretending my rep is great or want to proof something, just a comparrison of mine and a gen.

I had some pictures of my DSSD on the hard drive, i saw on chrono24 some pics of a gen DSSD from 11/2009 that where taking under simular light conditions.

Maybe with all those new DSSD's coming up, the modded BK and so on versions of this world, to see how bad or good the older DSSD rep was/is.

I put the gen DSSD on the left my rep DSSD on the right on these pics.

Remember that the gen is advertised by the AD on chrono24 for $9300.- my rep was around $350 in early 2011.

Are the flaws acceptable.....i think they do.

9aYCw.jpg

LziFi.jpg

BPK39.jpg

Dzw1m.jpg

To end two pics of my rep DSSD alone.

VrF3V.jpg

poXBw.jpg

Thanks for looking.

onzenuub

Yours looks great, and hell yes the flaws are acceptable.

sardonix
Yours looks great, and hell yes the flaws are acceptable.

Found to side shots of my DSSD to get an impression of crown, bezel teeth, valve and crystal fitting.

m7Q32.jpg

GVXRX.jpg

sardonix

Had some pics of it in a fishy sea environment. : )

BlZlK.jpg

iIp6y.jpg

sardonix

No reactions on this topic, is my DSSD that ugly : )

g.man

Nope, it's that good.

:D

g.man

hzardous

Hehehe.. I guess everyone is still mesmerized by your pics. The two are almost identical.. Except for the triange! Why can't they just perfect it ...

hnic

looks great

how big is the dssd? 45?

sardonix
looks great

how big is the dssd? 45?

43 x 18 mm

hnic

okay

thanks

YoungGPS

Great looking DSSD!

Happy to know that you continue to enjoy it.

sardonix
okay

thanks

If you want me to make a pic next to a Breitling cronomat let me know, happy to do that for you.

Know you are a Breitling boy : )

Chronomat is 43.7 i believe.

aksingh

Ive got a BK DSSD and it is great for the price but I just got a gen SUBC and can say the bezel and case/bracelet quality and finish are pretty different. The gen bezel numbers are a lovely silver/platinum and not white and much thicker and deeper than the rep and its very noticeable, and the bezel is very tight and a joy to turn. The brush finish on the gen is finer than the rep and has a whiter, less yellow, sheen. The DSSD rep is very nice but next to a gen it is clearly just a very nice rep.

Edited by aksingh

Bash64

Very nice. DSSD is on my ever-growing list.

Great photography also!!

Pob
Ive got a BK DSSD and it is great for the price but I just got a gen SUBC and can say the bezel and case/bracelet quality and finish are pretty different. The gen bezel numbers are a lovely silver/platinum and not white and much thicker and deeper than the rep and its very noticeable, and the bezel is very tight and a joy to turn. The brush finish on the gen is finer than the rep and has a whiter, less yellow, sheen. The DSSD rep is very nice but next to a gen it is clearly just a very nice rep.

That is why it cost a lot more but i'll still go for rep and have a lot of them instead for one!

Distinct

I see differences but not several thousand dollars in difference. I do appreciate the genuine bezel's deepness of the engraving for the numbers and markers in the ceramic.

aksingh

The differences are not just visual, its more the feel and build quality is also different, and that is why it is worth buying the gen, but I would never buy one gen and no reps, so as a collector I aim to buy one gen and half a dozen reps a year. I held off buying a gen sub for 2 years but now Ive finally got one Im very pleased, but I ll still buy many of the Noobs super Rolex reps next year if theyre up to AP Diver quality.

Axisbogner

IMO, Rolex is a good brand to buy reps as the build quality is modest when compared against other brands. Bracelets are one of those things that the feel may be easily noticeable but not visible in photos (think Breitling). Gen Rolex bracelets are loose and feel cheap to me. Not much worse on the rep. I believe this is another reason why Panerai reps are popular. Few use bracelets. Thanks for the photos!!

Edited by Axisbogner

Bertram

Nice Boker Magnum too!

JOEY172

the seafood pics turned out really nice. :giggle:

sardonix
the seafood pics turned out really nice. :giggle:

Watch is now sold to Member in South Africa so no more prawn but lions.

NodgerRocks

Got my BK mod from m2m Monday....buzzing!!!