Sign in to follow this  
226600b

"admit it or deny it?"

226600b

What if someone you know, not a stranger, just happens to ask, because he/she knows your financial status, " is that real?" . Do you think its rude of him/her to ask? and if so do they deserve the truth?

Edited by 226600b

robznet

Don't remember seeing a thread like this before! :Whistle:

onzenuub

I never eat repped steaks.

decus

I think they might have meant '' that's steak!'' :giggle:

conx

I would insert my t-bone into his rump.

sardonix

In a fine steak house i look at the fine woman, and where the hell my steak is.

Not interested on ugly man's wrists....so don't worry.

Realism

search button is on the top right corner

onionbag

Are you sure you didn't mishear him? ................Maybe he said "hey that's a steak".

Completely understandable, given the context of your meeting.

Or it could be that he was a fuckwit.......are you in the habit of defending your position to fuckwits?............No don't answer that. ;)

Edited to add: I see this a 'hypothetical' scenario..................To paraphrase Rod Stewart "your ad-lib lines were well rehearsed".

<RJ>

Problem don't exist, End of story?

Balad1

So what is the proper response when you are out at a fine steak house proudly sporting your new rep and someone tells you "hey thats a fake!" I am wondering how I would respond since my first is in the mail on the way to me. Does anyone have some personal experience with this situation?

Don't date Transvestites...

That's the risk of buying and wearing a rep. Just say the girl is wright. As long as the steak is real and not made of that fake vegetarian food.

scorpion

Life is too short to worry about such an unlikely event - more chance of a BJ from the waitress and the pope turning up than anyone being interested your watch

dave47

Personally, I wouldn't worry about being called out. In my three year + experiences, no one has ever even NOTICED my reps -- except for one person who liked my Ploprof. There's something called the "99.999% Rule," that states 99.999% of the "civilians" out there won't have a clue about your watch; that just .001% will. How you respond depends upon you. Personally speaking, there's no disgrace in wearing reps; I don't have $5-$10K to drop on a watch, but I can wear a nice-looking rep for a fraction of the cost and have no problem saying it's a rep -- eat your heart out! Other members will chime in with a variety of responses; bottom line: it's up to you. Again, just my .02.

dave

hnic

dont buy cheapies

tell m its a $5 watch and let them figure out by themselves how sarcastic you are

226600b

search button is on the top right corner

OUCH!

Nisv

So what is the proper response when you are out at a fine steak house proudly sporting your new rep and someone tells you "hey thats a fake!"

"No, it's a rep".

Kal-el
Personally, I wouldn't worry about being called out. In my three year + experiences, no one has ever even NOTICED my reps -- except for one person who liked my Ploprof. There's something called the "99.999% Rule," that states 99.999% of the "civilians" out there won't have a clue about your watch; that just .001% will. How you respond depends upon you. Personally speaking, there's no disgrace in wearing reps; I don't have $5-$10K to drop on a watch, but I can wear a nice-looking rep for a fraction of the cost and have no problem saying it's a rep -- eat your heart out! Other members will chime in with a variety of responses; bottom line: it's up to you. Again, just my .02.

dave

+ 1 well said. Can we see your watch?

TT88

"yes, of course." continue with steak.

anyway i don't think you will encounter such dicks in a fine restuarant.

MW1

I would ask him to come over to your table for him to prove how he came to this assumption. say "ok...ok I see" to his findings. Get him drunk and if he is wearing a expensive make Gen, wait until he passes out, take his watch and flog it :D

gtwc

Why listen to strangers?

Just tell him to mind his own fuckin' business and enjoy your meal.

It helps if you look like Chuck Norris.

:giggle:

greg_r

'hey, what the fuck is it to do with you?' is the generally accepted response... :giggle:

DFH

Response:

"Do I know you? No? Then why are you speaking to me and interrupting my meal? Piss off before I stand up....."

Bertram

Response:

"Do I know you? No? Then why are you speaking to me and interrupting my meal? Piss off before I stand up....."

+1!

Sparkal

'hey, what the fuck is it to do with you?' is the generally accepted response... :giggle:

Response:

Perfect responses!