Sign in to follow this  
226600b

"admit it or deny it?"

myaz

No one will "volunteer" a comment to a complete stranger unless they feel you are being obnoxious about your watch, they are the .0001% of people that can spot a moving rep at 3 paces without holding it, and feel an overwhelming urge to put you back in your place.

What you are asking is what to answer if you are ever get called out. There's no right answer, depends upon your temperament. Great answers here and in previous threads. Just prepare your answer ahead of time so you are not caught flat footed. BTW, it's not gonna happen unless you are somehow asking for it.

jeffw69

Fuck off, I'm stuffed!

guami007

Voices in your head much? You have a better chance of PJPII offering to give you a handjob before some complete stranger comes up to you and says something like this.

lifestyle_ID

What were you wearing?

watchman12345

+1

fatarms

Tell them it's steak sauce to go with the steak.

diplosa

How bout a good 'ol facepalm?

....in his face

Focal

Just give him a high five... In the face... With a chair

Loonie

Just give him a high five... In the face... With a chair

:itchyandscratchy:

decus

For some unknown reason... some guys never get asked that stupid question.

mrteeee.jpg

Doubled

If you're eating steak you will have a steak knife ! Right ? Describe to him how the the knife is designed to cut flesh away from bone , how the stainless steel blade has been folded to stop it snapping off inside the flesh , give him a close up ! Show him the serrations on the blade ,the fine wooden handle and whisper ( its bad form to shout)that if his manners go missing in your company again you will use the knife to dig around inside him to look for them . There you go all neat and tidy !!!

kevin123

i would just say yeah mate its fake i bought it for £30! good ehh.

Bob Reed

My first thought is why is another guy close enough to tell it is a fake? And as stated already, even most folks with gens have no idea about their own watch and would just think you had a different model IF they got close enough.

ronin007

Id run him over when he left in the wifes new range rover sport,I'm normally too hungry to bother looking at other peoples watches....

AS90

You just stab them in the face with your steak knife.

LightGeek

Is this a fine steakhouse that has stadium lighting? How the hell would they notice, if at all?

Oh, it's because it has crappy lume...

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse the brevity of this message.

p993c4s

Tell him that his mother bought it for you, so you couldn't be sure. Then say she's a crack whore.

UmpaHimself

If I wasn't being a dick and flaunting it and someone called me out like that I would be ready to fight. Most people that notice my watches usually are impressed and unless it's a Rolex I doubt anyone would know. Unless you're sporting a really cheesy 21j or quartz.

RichyRichRolex

" Now go home and get your fuckin' shinebox "

Trolex

You eat in the company of some really nosey people lol

If somebody genuinely lacks even the faintest hint of manners, entertaining them is pretty much a waste of the air you breathe. If somebody shouted like that for no fucking reason, just imagine the stink they're going to make after you say it's a fake or if it's real. There is no right (verbal) answer for an asshole.

If you're eating locally, just point them in the direction of the local authorized dealer and say you're sure they'll be happy to help even a pompous asshole like them find the right watch and that you're not looking to sell yours.

oh, and please don't direct douche bags like that to the forums lol

devedander

I'd say depends on the situation. I got called out on a sub once (pretty safe call to make anyway just based on numbers) but everyone around but the caller was a friend and knew it was a rep.

I just asked the gal what she meant and all she said was "does it sweep or tick?"

I asked what she thought... she showed a visible sign of defeat upon seeing it sweep and just muttered to herself.

It was a $100 ttk noobmariner from like 5 years ago so hardly a super rep.

Moral of story, don't worry about it. Chances are anyone who can actually tell is one of us anyway.

moredhel

I'd say depends on the situation. I got called out on a sub once (pretty safe call to make anyway just based on numbers) but everyone around but the caller was a friend and knew it was a rep.

I just asked the gal what she meant and all she said was "does it sweep or tick?"

I asked what she thought... she showed a visible sign of defeat upon seeing it sweep and just muttered to herself.

It was a $100 ttk noobmariner from like 5 years ago so hardly a super rep.

Moral of story, don't worry about it. Chances are anyone who can actually tell is one of us anyway.

"Neither. It makes a sandwich, which is more than I can say for some."

James.

What an original question the OP poses...

One of the last things that'll give your rep away as "fake" is the watch itself.

mianos

Unless you are dressed in a T shirt and thongs it is never going to happen. Don't lose any sleep. Should in the unlikely event this actually happen, as already said, "yep, sure got it for 5 bucks on eBay" is just as rediculous reply.

Member X

Unless you are dressed in a T shirt and thongs it is never going to happen. Don't lose any sleep. Should in the unlikely event this actually happen, as already said, "yep, sure got it for 5 bucks on eBay" is just as rediculous reply.

I feel I must point out that 'thongs' are something completely different in the UK :lol: