Sign in to follow this  
devedander

PAM 111h cannot get crown into wind position

devedander

The crown pulls out and seats back in far enough for the clasp to close on the crown guard, but it never clicks into position to wind. No matter what positino it is in, it will set the time. In the the first position (as close as it gets) it does seem to wind the movment, but also changes the time...

Never pulled the crown on this movement... is it ilkely pulling and reseating would fix it? I ask because I don't have a PAM caseback tool so before I bother getting it open wanted to find out.

thanks!

10:10 Watch Repair

probably the stem was cut too short. rep assemblers when they discover it, don't replace the stem, they back the crown off a couple of threads and glue it. when you wind to full stop, or sometimes just a winding, eventually the crown tightens and you can no longer press it in enough.

devedander

Solution is then pull stem and try to reglue or get new stem? Can you ballpark estimate such a repair? I'll pull a stem on an eta if I need to but no experience with anything more co,mplex or with this ,movement.

Edit just took a peak and the stem pulls all the way right out... is that supposed o happen?

Uh oh this sounds like scone heads sheered set lever in the pinned post :(

Edited by devedander

Member X

Can you see some stem remaining in the crown?

Does the stem it look like it's snapped off?

If some stem is stuck in the crown, you can use something to dissolve it and leave the crown intact (I can't remember what, though... It is on the board somewhere!)

New stems are about $/£10 for 3. Where are you? The RWG shop sells them :) or you can also use Ofrei in the US or CousinsUK in the UK.

devedander

Can you see some stem remaining in the crown?

Does the stem it look like it's snapped off?

If some stem is stuck in the crown, you can use something to dissolve it and leave the crown intact (I can't remember what, though... It is on the board somewhere!)

New stems are about $/£10 for 3. Where are you? The RWG shop sells them :) or you can also use Ofrei in the US or CousinsUK in the UK.

Sorry I meant stem and crown pull out of the watch without need to release... stem looks fine and is solidly attached to crown...

t also goes back in freely...

Edited by devedander

10:10 Watch Repair

just tighten the set lever screw then.

Member X

That's the very small screw next to where the stem enters the movement if, like me, you aren't familiar with all the proper terms :) lol

dingle

That's the very small screw next to where the stem enters the movement if, like me, you aren't familiar with all the proper terms :) lol

righty tighty, lefty lucy :)

baxter

exactly the same thing happened on my 111 from Toro - luckily grb popped round with his case back opener and we did as 10/10 said :

loosened the screw took out the stem - re seated it and tightened the screw - all was good :)

devedander

Good then! I will have to work on this, however if I recall last time I tried to pop this guy open duct tape wasn't cutting it and I don't have a sticky ball... gonna have to get creative!

Thanks for the help guys! It'll be nice to slap this sucker back on for the outdoorsy stuff where the big numbers are appreciated :)

Member X

You can get a PAM CB specific opener from the RWG shop or ebay, if you can wait a little while for it to arrive :)

kolchak

righty tighty, lefty lucy :)

this thread is right on time as my 360 has same problem...I'm sure there is a picture or diagram of this screw location somewhere for those of us less mechanically inclined