Sign in to follow this  
tah

Mark XVI Replica Available?

tah

Sorry if the answer to this is somewhere here but I have to run out for a few hours and will hopefully get a reply.

I hang out in the Rolex forums here and on the other main replica forum but this IWC has really caught my eye.

I've found some (not sure if they're the XVI or not) on a couple of rep sites but I need some advice. Also found some with more complications than I like, here's a link to the watch I'm talking about: http://forums.watchu...ree-762478.html

On the Rolex Forum we love it when a noob comes on and asks "who makes the best Sub" so I'll understand if you guys/gals don't appreciate this post but I have to try.

If you have one of these reps and like it or bought one and think it sucks (if it sucks maybe PM would be the proper choice?), please let me know who you got it from. AND I HAVE to have it on the bracelet. Leather and my skin don't get along well!

Thanks for any help and I appreciate your patience..............

Edited by tah

cromag

Welcome aboard.

I have one on bracelet and love it. The the most comfortable watch I own. I got it from a member who modded it. I think he got a bracelet from a Mark XV and fit in on this one. Bracelets are really hard to find on this watch.

The watch is a bit small even for my 6 3/8th" wrist and I find I'm wearing the 3717 more often. Those are easier to get.

epy3a9u7.jpgaby4asag.jpg

tah

So the 3717 is the Day/Date Chrono Model....right?

I like the size of the XVI better, see how the bracelet links on the right photo are pointing up and on the left photo they look much more flush? That's the look I want. But the one on the left certainly looks like it has AR and that helps a LOT!

Now to find a TD with one of these with a bracelet. If I can locate one this will be my next watch as I have every Rolex Rep I think I'll ever need.

Edited by tah

cromag

The XVI is more flush because my wrist is small. The shape is the same on both watches, just difference in size. 42mm vs 39mm and the XVI is thinner because it has a simpler movement.

You won't find the Mark XVI with bracelet at a TD. I have been offered a lot for this watch, but am not interested at the moment. You'll need to buy a gen or mod it somehow. Best of luck on your search.

The Mark XVII is 41mm but its also hard to find one with bracelet. I just spoke to Angus at PT about it and he said they're working on it but it will be a while. I think it 'might' be interchangeable with the XVI because lug size is also 20mm iirc.

Crusader

I don't have a clue about XVI rep, but here is a photo of gen XV 39mm vs. 44mm Showpardh:

iwc.jpg

tah

I might have to go ahead and get the 3717 in that case.

Who do you guys like as an IWC Dealer?

Any movement choices to avoid or prefer?

Thanks for the help..............

cromag

People here usually chime in for Mary and Rochest at WI as the preferred dealer. I got mine there, and in light if reading their involvement with the new RWG watch project, I would have to point you their way.

You want to make sure that the big triangle at the top is centered well and that the Chrono hand also centers with it. I've seen this misaligned often. Even on gens!!

The date is also off center a sometimes but that is common. Check your QC pics for this too, but you can be more flexible in this as they are tough to find perfectly aligned.

tah

I've dealt with Mary on a couple of watches and had a good experience.

Thanks for the input and I feel VERY comfortable with Watch International............

cromag

Kewl. 7750 is the only movement and its great. Post some nice pics once you get the watch. What's your wrist size BTW?

tah

A relatively puny 6.75"

cromag

Your gonna love that 3717. It will fit perfectly on 6.75"

Check out the Skinny Wrist Club thread for more pics of it and others with skinny wrists.

initram5

The XVI is simple and stellar watch the only problem with it that it's a bit small for me, who have 7.2" wrist.

diaby2afc

Here's what it looks like on a 6.75" wrist

agudena2.jpg

Jza

Big fan of this watch!