Sign in to follow this  
alfo982

Help with an IWC purchase!

alfo982

Hi Guys… after an excellent sub and yacht-master…. Here I am with a new interesting purchase to do.

This time, let’s rock with a IWC!

BUT, now for the third time, I have to ask you a technical consultancy.

Could you suggest me which are the most common (and so easy to find) models of this brand?

Then if you can, I wish I would have some advices about the available movements for this watches (which to look for, which to avoid).

I wait for a help from you, like you made with me till now, in order to choose a good item!

Hope to hear you soon

Byebye

trailboss99

Mate it depends on what you want. IWC do it all from dress watches to pilots watches. What kind of IWC were you thinking of?

Col.

alfo982
Mate it depends on what you want. IWC do it all from dress watches to pilots watches. What kind of IWC were you thinking of?

Col.

Col, you're right... let say that I'm going to have a look to the all availabe models, than we can discuss more precisely about a certain kind of watch...

stay tuned...

see u soon...

alfo982

Col.

Col, you're right... let say that I'm going to have a look to the all availabe models, than we can discuss more precisely about a certain kind of watch...

stay tuned...

see u soon...

OK, here are the selected watches.

What do you think about it?

Which movements are the best for this kind of watches? Are they enough reliable?

portugueseautomaticsswh.jpg

portugueseautomaticssbl.jpg

portofinochronowhite.jpg

portofinochronocream.jpg

portofinochronoblack.jpg

buy buy... ops, I would say bye bye

greg_r

The Portofino chrono models will be running A7750's with secs@9 - which is the best configuration for that movement. Provided you follow the usual handling rules for 7750's you'll be fine.

The Portuguese PR models will be running an inexpensive 21J-style movement with modifications to provide the secs@9. Should also be pretty reliable - I have a PAM233 rep that runs that kind of movement and it's been running perfectly for about a year now....

You shouldn't go far wrong with any of the above watches...

dingle

No seconds @ 6! yeah! These should be fine. There is a bible somewhere on how to set the time and date on the 7750 movements....tricky they can be :)

alfo982
The Portofino chrono models will be running A7750's with secs@9 - which is the best configuration for that movement. Provided you follow the usual handling rules for 7750's you'll be fine.

The Portuguese PR models will be running an inexpensive 21J-style movement with modifications to provide the secs@9. Should also be pretty reliable - I have a PAM233 rep that runs that kind of movement and it's been running perfectly for about a year now....

So can you confirm me that with these watches I should not have any great problem like with the Daytona?

OK, in the next few days I will precisely take a decision about which one to buy... than I will ask an offer toMary, and finally, just before to buy it, I will ask you if the choice is good... or at least not bad...

thank you

greg_r

So can you confirm me that with these watches I should not have any great problem like with the Daytona?

OK, in the next few days I will precisely take a decision about which one to buy... than I will ask an offer toMary, and finally, just before to buy it, I will ask you if the choice is good... or at least not bad...

thank you

Nope - the Daytona's problems stem from the secs@6 modification to the A7750. The chrono models you linked are running secs@9, which is the way God intended that particular movement to work :) The PR models don't run a 7750, so aren't affected in any event...

trailboss99

Not only that but every single one of those is a beautyfull watch! Nice choices mate, you have taste.

Col.