Sign in to follow this  
Silverspeed

Rolex Milgauss from PWC

Silverspeed

After reading b16a2 great, as usual, review on the Rolex Milgauss and seeing his wristshot I was pleasantly surprised about the simple elegance and presence of the Milgauss.

So when I saw PWC's $99,- version, wich by the looks of it had the same green tint sapphire, case and bracelet, I immediately ordered it to see if in real life it was as nice as in b16a2 review. Well today it was delivered and honestly I'm amazed at the built quality and feel of it.

I have no idea what the flaws are or how close it is to gen, as long as it's well made and feels like a quality rep it's good enough for me.

Enough talks on to the pics...

Very well polished bezel and midlinks, no worries about datefonts, datemag or crownguards....just simple beauty

IMG_3896kopie.jpg

Well made bracelet, no big gaps or sharp edges and after a little WD40 it feels smooth and pretty solid.

IMG_3898kopie.jpg

Good and clear dial prints and I must say the green sapphire looks rather good.

IMG_3899kopie.jpg

Same story with the caseback, well made engravings and the bracelet fits nice on the lugs.

IMG_3900kopie.jpg

Perhaps the real surprise for a measly $99 rep....a magnetic shield and double sealrings and again well made and anything from flimsy and nicely polished.

IMG_3902kopie.jpg

I guess this is why it's only $99 a cheap 21j movement...but I have to say the secondsweep is smooth...and as long as it runs like it's supposed to do I could care less.

IMG_3903kopie.jpg

Lume is also well done with the 3, 6 and 9 hour markers in blue

IMG_3893kopie.jpg

On the wrist

DSC02107kopie.jpg

When the light falls onto it you'll get that nice green tint

DSC02110kopie.jpg

Conclusion....? well apart from the cheap movement everything on this rep breaths quality and feels the same as let's say a $300 ~ $400 rep.

IMG_3890kopie.jpg

dingle

well done SS. Do you still have this watch? :rofl:

Silverspeed

ehhhhh..nope

easy come, easy go

dingle

ehhhhh..nope

easy come, easy go

^^^that's what she said.............. :rofl:

greg_r

Great review - looks like excellent value for money

GC

Those are some great shots!!!

I'm really dig'n this one...

IMG_3896kopie.jpg

Watchdog

How do you think this case, crown and dial stack up with the "Ultimate" which Andrew is selling for the uppers $200's?

Looks good. Can you comment first hand?

macscac

silver what else do you have that you want to sell me??

drop me a pm!

im looking to buy

AllergyDoc

Mac! Making the rounds, I see. Saw you at RWI.

How goes the spud state?

Silverspeed

drop me a pm!

im looking to buy

Hey Mac, good to see you here man!

Nothing to sell at the moment...buy your own reps...lazy carsales guy :fuck:

howasong

Wow, very nice review and I like the pictures, now I want one, too. I was telling myself I have enough watches to wear now. But seeing this, it looks like it's a too good of a deal to pass ... wondering if Robert still has this or not.

macscac

drop me a pm!

im looking to buy

Nothing to sell at the moment...buy your own reps...lazy carsales guy :P

i do buy my own but its much funner... not to mention cheaper..

to buy your leftovers!!

i know what im getting and saving some bucks..

:fuck:

sell me your stuffs!!!

How goes the spud state?

howdy doc!

repgeek was/is getting a bit stale for me..

seems like the same old thing.. i dont get off on pams or vintage and there is a ton of that there...

so i figured id check out what else is out here

the spud state is great! nothing like snow, hail and 50mph winds in april

;)

greg_r

Welcome macsac - good to see you here :P

AllergyDoc

:P

Ooh. Um... I'll take Calif. weather, thank you.

Lived in So. Idaho when I was young. 'Nuff of that.

dingle

drop me a pm!

im looking to buy

Nothing to sell at the moment...buy your own reps...lazy carsales guy :lol:

i do buy my own but its much funner... not to mention cheaper..

to buy your leftovers!!

i know what im getting and saving some bucks..

:D

sell me your stuffs!!!

How goes the spud state?

howdy doc!

repgeek was/is getting a bit stale for me..

seems like the same old thing.. i dont get off on pams or vintage and there is a ton of that there...

so i figured id check out what else is out here

:thumbsup2:

welcome macsac.....nothing stale about this place.....:bananarider:

phaedo

Not knocking the pics - they are very good, but am I the only one who doesn't 'get' this watch? It looks like a bad canal st fanasy model; the green tint to the crystal, while it may be a breakthrough, makes it appear that they couldn't even get the glass done cleanly, no crown guards in this day and age on a Rolex along with no bezel - did they forget to put these on? The lightening bolt seconds hand? Are they aiming it at 12 year olds who spend their days reading comic books? Then the different colored lume on the hour markers - I think something like that would look good on say a crazy hours watch, but on a Rolex? Tacky. I should stop now, and take my medication. :D

Goon
Not knocking the pics - they are very good, but am I the only one who doesn't 'get' this watch? It looks like a bad canal st fanasy model; the green tint to the crystal, while it may be a breakthrough, makes it appear that they couldn't even get the glass done cleanly, no crown guards in this day and age on a Rolex along with no bezel - did they forget to put these on? The lightening bolt seconds hand? Are they aiming it at 12 year olds who spend their days reading comic books? Then the different colored lume on the hour markers - I think something like that would look good on say a crazy hours watch, but on a Rolex? Tacky. I should stop now, and take my medication. :rofl:

My thoughts exactly!

Baldrick
Not knocking the pics - they are very good, but am I the only one who doesn't 'get' this watch? It looks like a bad canal st fanasy model; the green tint to the crystal, while it may be a breakthrough, makes it appear that they couldn't even get the glass done cleanly, no crown guards in this day and age on a Rolex along with no bezel - did they forget to put these on? The lightening bolt seconds hand? Are they aiming it at 12 year olds who spend their days reading comic books? Then the different colored lume on the hour markers - I think something like that would look good on say a crazy hours watch, but on a Rolex? Tacky. I should stop now, and take my medication. :rofl:

You're obviously unaware of the history of the Milgauss, it was otiginally designed as a watch to be worn by technicians / scientists working in high EMF areas or industries, it was designed as a tool watch, it has a bezel, just doesn't NEED a rotating bezel, the lightning hand is an instant visual indicator of which model it is, from within the Rolex range ( at a time when virtually all Rolex watches looked very similar ), so as not to be confused with other Oyster models.

It has no crown guards because it is not a diver model, crown guards were added to the Submariner and other dive watches as well as unidirectional locking bezels with elapsed time markings for protection and safety purposes, because of the hostile environment, those measures weren't needed on an everyday watch.

The different coloured lume is a more useful aid in low light circumstances, if you can visually dtermine the 3 / 6 / 9 markers, it's much easier to correlate the hour and minute hands position, it's known as ergonomics.

The green glass is a concession to fashion dictates and serves no purpose, try to see beyond an items looks before judging, you don't understand the watch, which is why you don't GET IT! B)

Now, HBB, there's a tacky watch!

Silverspeed

Dammit I wish I still had this one....these Milgausses are amazing

If Robert decides to do another run with an ETA clone or DG4813

I'm gonna have to get it...again :rofl: