Sign in to follow this  
3ainawi

Paying by Western Union

3ainawi

Hey all

Still a bit of a noob here, looking for your input.

Tried making a payment to a TD via WU online, this was declined by my bank - for reason I'm not sure. Within 5 minutes had a telephone call from a number claiming to be from fraud prevention at my bank.

I didn't answer, just checked the voice message. They also called my land line.

Is this normal? I may just visit a branch and make the payment that way instead, do you recommend this instead?

Cheers

Balad1

Probably for real, call the # on the back of your CC and ask for that department.

Cyril_Clunge

Trying to pay by WU online in the UK can be a right pain in the arse. I don't bother anymore, it's much easier to just got to my local WU office.

3ainawi

I don't really want to call back, how I explain the transaction?

Balad1

They might have a freeze on your card?

3ainawi

Unsure, will have to wait till tomorrow to see whether I can make any other transactions on it.

Just concerned about explaining why I was sending a couple of hundred quid to some random guy in China lol.

dingle

Happens all the time. Tell them to let the transaction go thru. No need to explain what it is for. Just state that you authorize the transaction.

Silverspeed

No need to explain the transaction itself....al they want to know if it was you that wanted to transfer the funds

Balad1

Unsure, will have to wait till tomorrow to see whether I can make any other transactions on it.

Just concerned about explaining why I was sending a couple of hundred quid to some random guy in China lol.

Man up and call the fuckers!

3ainawi

Hahaha maybe I should! In any case, I think I'll make the payment from a WU branch instead.

DKaiser Söze

No doubt. thousands of plausible explanations. being dodgy only complicates the matter

3ainawi

Sorted it now, though my card is frozen for a while.

Part of the fun!

Balad1

Ya know, if my card got frozen...

b73ee04bfa2563e0928680e9300e3644.gif

jcagara08

I use WU for my REP transactions, its easy peasy

got to your nearest WU office, write down the name of the wanker your paying and country he is based, and give up your money,

get MTCN # and e-mail it to your victim and FIN

wingnut121

I once tried to use WU, they requested i sent through valid ID and a scanned copy of a utility bill on my first transaction!!!

I just gave up and paid another way.

3ainawi

Yeh a bit more hassle than I was expecting. I'll try and do it at a local WU branch tomorrow.

Ordering two PAM 312s, hopefully all goes well tomorrow!!

Member X

You will probably be asked questions like "Do you know the person you are sending money to?" and "is this for a purchase of goods?", to which the replies are "Yes, he is a friend" and "No, it is money I owe him" or similar ;):lol:

3ainawi

All good I made the payment via a branch today.

Awaiting confirmation from the TD that it has been received and then just wait for them to come through I guess! Hopefully won't take too long.

Luthier

Pay by WU for many years, never had any hassles. Yes, I pay in WU office. Fuck internet shit.

dingle

Fuck internet shit.

be careful you must.......smelly this is :yoda:

jeffw69

Fuck internet shit.

be careful you must.......smelly this is :yoda:

:lol:

black263

Just made my first ever WU payment, and I can see why buyers prefer paypal. Paypal, in the warm, few clicks, job done. WU 20min walk in the snow to my nearest agent. Queue up. Try to pay and although there is a card reader on the desk it must be cash. Walk to ATM, get cash, back to agent. Queue up, pay and get charged £25 for the privilege. 20mins walk home in the snow. Why did I ever get sucked in by this forum? :giggle:

greg_r

WU over the internet can be troublesome - they're ultra-paranoid and will block the transaction on a whim. I'd recommend paying in cash at the local office

Odyseus

£25 for the privilege?? Sod that for a laugh.

I was going to place an order through Siliix, but Michelle said that as I was 'new' to them, they will not allow to pay by PayPal, only by WU??

If there's a high administration charge, then i'm out!

Xebryus

As long as I've used WU it's been easy as it gets. For "money in minutes" it's around an $8 US charge. I do all my WU transactions in person though.