Sign in to follow this  
3ainawi

Paying by Western Union

Essex_Guy

Hi All.

I'm new here and would like to thank all the ol' hands for the priceless information found on this board. Not much of an intro I know, but I decided to chime in before I was ready, due to this subject:

I did a cash WU here in UK recently and the TD told me it hadn't gone through. I put the MTCN into the WU online tracker and it said 'Picked up' !

On phoning WU I was told it had not gone and I had to get a refund. No explanation as to why it had not gone through. The guy at the WU agency processed my refund but also phoned WU. He then asked me if I was buying a watch!

Told him to mind his own business and left.

For this game, PayPal for me in future.

Member X

Interesting that he asked if you were buying a watch.

I'm guessing that you didn't sent it to "watchinternational"! :lol: (No need to post who you did send it to, though ;))

offshore

WU over the internet can be troublesome - they're ultra-paranoid and will block the transaction on a whim. I'd recommend paying in cash at the local office

I would recommend not using WU, who can be worse than Pay Pal if they have a mind.

They have policies set in concrete, and if you step outside in any way, they will grab your cash and not return it for up to 180 days.

O/S