Sign in to follow this  
boneyjr

Gen Steelfish dial...

boneyjr

This just arrived in the mail yesterday, and it is already off to 10:10 Watch Repair for instillation. Along with it, I sent a gen bezel. Cannot wait for the finished product!

ADC1D080-CD4A-4AC0-B17D-0D7C07F28595-25043-00000FEB8C462B75.jpg

31F147AB-9DA9-4CB8-AECB-B9FAB66A8722-25043-00000FEB68B85E99.jpg

I will be sure to post a full pic review when received.

Edited by boneyjr

Luthier

Is there big difference between rep. dial and gen. one?

Ask Chris to make the picture of both, near to each other, please.

Corv99

Looks awesome now!!

Can't wait to end result

dalboy

I'm with Luth..would love to see a comparison shot ..out of the watch.....

Dal.........

diplosa

+3

ronin007

looks great ,inbox me a link,after something for a sky land,got the strap as well,over the moon with it,will post a pic,thanks

boneyjr

Is there big difference between rep. dial and gen. one?

Ask Chris to make the picture of both, near to each other, please.

This isn't the best picture, but you will notice that the color is definitely off. Also, looking at it in person, you can tell right away that the font size and emblem on the gen are smaller than the rep. Also, underneath the word 'automatic' the '2000 M /' is spaced out more.

A4CF8B88-19FD-4802-8F97-9F5C8655E9C7-25073-00000FEE3D6ED2CA.jpg

hnic

great

i always wanted to change the dial on my black sosfv2

the main tell for me is the S from Superocean

can i ask how much you paid for it?

Good luck and keep us posted

Del

:woo:

Nice one!

morris133

Any progress on this Mod? I imagine the gen dial fits the rep case. I'm considering doing the same for my Blue dial SOSF.

And the only place I've seen the gen dials offered is on ebay. Any other sources?

Looking forward to seeing some before and after shots.

10:10 Watch Repair

Any progress on this Mod? I imagine the gen dial fits the rep case. I'm considering doing the same for my Blue dial SOSF.

And the only place I've seen the gen dials offered is on ebay. Any other sources?

Looking forward to seeing some before and after shots.

The dial is fine.

The gen bezel doesn't retrofit, the case would need to be milled differently to accept it.

The color on the gen dial is a navy rather than royal blue and the lume is super bright.

hnic

is it installed allready?

cant wait to see the pics

boneyjr

There are still some minor mods to be completed before I consider this project done, but I wanted to throw some quick shots up so you can see the difference of the gen. It really has a beautiful navy blue color, and the lume is off the chart. Once again, a big thanks to Chris at 10:10 for all his continued outstanding work.

17DF1ABB-36FD-4C65-BC1D-FCDD806B417C-2390-0000015C33A75040.jpg

66D022CB-ED1A-4802-8C6C-8DC0AFD1FC5F-2390-0000015C3AFD8C81.jpg

564F1815-F526-4497-8892-DDE9CAABB36F-2390-0000015C41BA6FCD.jpg

and an older pic of the same watch for comparison:

5fc538ef.jpg

DarkGlass

You can certainly see the difference when looking at the two shots nice work !

boneyjr

Oh, I also forgot to mention that the daylight lume on the gen has more of a cream color rather than white... Chris did a great job matching the hands to the markers.

morris133

Fantastic mod.

P4GTR

would love to throw a black gen dial in my V1 swissfish.

boneyjr

would love to throw a black gen dial in my V1 swissfish.

This is also a V1 swissfish base

houndoggie

nothing like a gen dial!

Just got one of the new SOSF (Hfactory??) today and the dial is much more similar to gen. The blue is not as navy perhaps and the rehaut lume markers aren't as puffy, but it is a major improvement over the V1 dial.

is it possible to transplant the guts of your watch into a V2 case (the bezel seems very nice on it)??

boneyjr

nothing like a gen dial!

Just got one of the new SOSF (Hfactory??) today and the dial is much more similar to gen. The blue is not as navy perhaps and the rehaut lume markers aren't as puffy, but it is a major improvement over the V1 dial.

is it possible to transplant the guts of your watch into a V2 case (the bezel seems very nice on it)??

I have been debating transfering it all to a V2 case... The bezel click and fit is what needs the most work on the V1... I don't want Chris to kill me! lol

houndoggie

nothing like a gen dial!

I have been debating transfering it all to a V2 case... The bezel click and fit is what needs the most work on the V1... I don't want Chris to kill me! lol

no offense to your watch, but if you put the $ and effort in putting a gen dial in, why not upgrade the case. The V2 case is very nice. I believe a clone V2 can be had for under $200..

Del

Lovely dial! Can't believe you put it in a v1 though - you need a v2 case! ;)

boneyjr

nothing like a gen dial!

no offense to your watch, but if you put the $ and effort in putting a gen dial in, why not upgrade the case. The V2 case is very nice. I believe a clone V2 can be had for under $200..

No arguing that logic. Ugh..... but like we all know, if you don't have patience with this hobby, you're in the wrong business.

hnic

beautiful

Sparkal

Wowzers, Lovely,

Now dont misplace it, there will be hell to pay!