Sign in to follow this  
Member X

Orkina Automatic

Member X

Hey all :P

After a drought of a couple of months (nooooooooo!) I buckled and got bidding on ebay again for things I can't afford :blush: lol

So this was a cheapie that I spotted and thought it was worth a punt, even if it was only £18 including postage! :P

Never heard of the brand but am impressed with the feel of it. Feels pretty solid and the automatic movement sweep is pretty smooth! No AR so get pretty bad reflections in the mineral crystal, but the dial finish is great and I quite like the look of the watch overall. It's also handy having day and date on the dial as I'm forever forgetting! lol Strap is the usual cheap quality but it's not uncomfortable or too shiny so think I'll leave it on for a bit. (Am tempted to swap it with something brown though.)

Anyway, on with the pictures :) Apologies for not giving it a clean beforehand, I was supposed to be getting into bed so had to act quickly before the missus moaned ;) lol

dscf2976.jpg

dscf2969.jpg

dscf2971.jpg

dscf2974f.jpg

dscf2968.jpg

dscf2965o.jpg

dscf2962.jpg

dingle

well done X. me likey a lot. :P

KinCaidk

Hey X,

That actually looks quite good! I like it too!

greg_r

I've come across Orkina before. They tend to be quite poorly assembled, so don't expect it to last too long. Looks good for the dough though.

trailboss99

For 18 pound, why not?

Good buy mate.

Col.

Member X
I've come across Orkina before. They tend to be quite poorly assembled, so don't expect it to last too long. Looks good for the dough though.

You're not filling me with confidence :) lol

Seems pretty solid, we will see what happens! I've got enough to wear on rotation now :P that I won't have it on more than perhaps once a week, so hopefully it'll serve a decent amount of time before dying lol

Thanks for the compliments too! :P

greg_r

You're not filling me with confidence :) lol

Seems pretty solid, we will see what happens! I've got enough to wear on rotation now :P that I won't have it on more than perhaps once a week, so hopefully it'll serve a decent amount of time before dying lol

hehe - sorry about that. :P

It's just that our local watch-selling market trader bought a bunch of 'em on eBay. I bought a couple off him - both died within a couple of days. Turned out most of the rest did too - he wasn't happy ;)

Member X

lol Oh dear...

Will report back if I have any issues!!

greg_r

fingers crossed!

I suspect it may just have been a dodgy batch, but there ya go...

Member X

Hopefully!! lol :P

Marcus

I have an Orkina with moon-phase, date, day and 24 hour time coming in the post. I'm quite sure that the movement's they use are identical to those used by Stauer and Steinhausen. I used to have an Orkina skeleton before I "upgraded" to the Stauer. I wore it every day for 2 years. It eventually died, but I kept the movement and case as spare parts if the need ever arises. I have worked with watches for donkeys years now and I am quite proficient at repairing and adjusting them when they become problematic.

Edited by Marcus