Sign in to follow this  
DannyBoy818

Anyone know something about rep Pam 171?

DannyBoy818

My Girlfriend went to Dubai and her co worker took her to a market where they sell rep purses and watches. She purchased a Pam 171 without my knowledge. I tried to do some research and found almost nothing about reps on the panerai pam 171. I looked at the chart that members gave me and still nothing. Does anyone here have any info on this rep? She wont be back until Saturday so I'm just doing some research to see if she did a good job or not. Thanks

greg_r

The 171 is a standard 44mm power reserve model. Some are better than others - to be honest, it could go either way, but street market reps are often pretty iffy...

jeffw69
:facepalm:

DannyBoy818

Thanks Greg. She learned a thing or two picking out good reps from me. We shall see how well she did.

DannyBoy818

just saw the watch via skype...it looks good but then again wont be able to tell until i see it in person...fingers crossed

Kwt

Sorry to crash your thread but are there any trusted dealers that can get a PAM 171? Thanks.

Del

Sorry to crash your thread but are there any trusted dealers that can get a PAM 171? Thanks.

You'd be better to ask them direct - send an email and photo to your preferred TD. ;)

Kwt

Cheers Del. The main grip that I am sure a lot of people who have a Panerai leather strap clasp model s that the clasp is fiddly and the leather strap was designed for a small child.

DannyBoy818

I asked a couple of our TD's and they said they are able to get the pam 171

ALE7575

This is a very special watch with polished SS and brushed Ti and with a very special movement.

There are no known good (or even medium grade) replicas of this watch. Therefore you could receive at best a beautiful wtach but completely inaccurate.

ALE

DannyBoy818

This is a very special watch with polished SS and brushed Ti and with a very special movement.

There are no known good (or even medium grade) replicas of this watch. Therefore you could receive at best a beautiful wtach but completely inaccurate.

ALE

ALE

ALE I figured that much. From what i saw through via skype. There was a display backing which is wrong according to the gen. But from what I seen through the webcam. It looks ok. I wont be able to tell until tomorrow when she gets back. Fingers crossed. I just hope she didnt get ripped off. I dont mind if its inaccurate as long as it looks good and well put together. Since its a rep it cant be 100 percent perfect. But if anything at least i have a SS bracelet for my pam 312. I'll keep everyone updated. and post pics

genoint

OK she is back, where's the pics!?

mysterio

+1 where are the pics. :)

Higs

Indeed.....

Where are the pics?

DannyBoy818

Here are the pics. It wasnt a good rep. The dial was wrong for the Pam 171. But the movement looks good. Bless her heart, she tried. I Love Her for thinking about me when on her business trip to think of me and my love for watches.

3Kc3Ie3F25Ie5F45Jfcb13c9e801a558f15bc.jpg

3If3F83pf5G95Ed5S0cb1112e03c469d7165c.jpg

3Mf3N93lc5Ia5K55H9cb19c1e04fc04e91faf.jpg

DannyBoy818

Was able to sell it for the price she bought it for. Now she doesnt have to feel so bad.