Sign in to follow this  
AS90

PO movement swap?

AS90

I have been searching but can't find a guide on swapping PO movements. Can someone point me in the right direction please?

D41221C6-6871-436A-AF53-CEFF1A997D57-11660-000008DEDCB7D1A5.jpg

AS90

Want to get this done tonight. Anyone?

digger2

If you search the forum you will find some guides on swapping movements but not sure if you can find one for just that model, it is very easy to fuck up the hands on a PO, they are normally very thin and easy to deform and scratch so if you have never done this before the result can be very bad, specially if you are in a hurry. We have modders who probably can do the job for you if you can wait and afford it, http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showforum=97

AS90

If you search the forum you will find some guides on swapping movements but not sure if you can find one for just that model, it is very easy to fuck up the hands on a PO, they are normally very thin and easy to deform and scratch so if you have never done this before the result can be very bad, specially if you are in a hurry. We have modders who probably can do the job for you if you can wait and afford it, http://www.rwg.bz/bo...hp?showforum=97

Really want to learn how to do it myself.

Luthier

Are you stupid or what? "Learn" of great mov't??? You'll fuck it up in the first minute!

NCRich

Calm down luth.

AS90

Are you stupid or what? "Learn" of great mov't??? You'll fuck it up in the first minute!

No, I'm not stupid. I'm an engineer.

Hazz

Why swap ?

AS90

Why swap ?

It unwinds itself every few minutes.

Hazz

swaping same movement ?

AS90

swaping same movement ?

Yeah, I have a spare 21J movement.

Hazz

Pm me a pic. of the crown side

Luthier

You could be a Nobel Prize laureate, and fuck up the movement in the first minute, if you never did it before.

AS90

A pic of the new or faulty movement?

AS90

You could be a Nobel Prize laureate, and fuck up the movement in the first minute, if you never did it before.

Thats why I want to see a guide. I don't mind damaging a £15 movement. I service my own cars, I set up my own guitars, I want to service and maintain my own watches.

Stop being so aggressive!

Hazz

I need to pin point out how to remove the crown and stem

AS90

I have already removed the crown and stem.

AS90

I'm going to send it to Hazz, who is also going to show me how its done :wine:

andepad

AS90

There's some steps you can use from this post:

http://www.rwg.bz/bo...?showtopic=5017

I have done a couple of these following the above and similar tutorials...

(I learned a lot from the wealth of info here.... one of my motivation to support and become VIP member... sorry, had to slip this 'ad' in ;-))

Granted the the tutorial covers different 4813 movement (but the stem release, removal steps etc should be similar to 2813/21J)

You may want to look at the full tutorial before starting (very easy reading - lots of photos)

....so that you can get an idea of what's involved and tools you may need (eg the watch hand remover, other tools (and some wine ;-) )

some general advice:

• start with a cheaper watch if possible
  • get right tools (VERY important) ... not too expensive eg on RWG store , ebay etc
  • have small containers to store parts that you removed - screws, tabs etc can easily 'go missing'
  • take photos of each step -sometimes it may help in re-assembly... if it doesn't, no harm done
  • be careful is the hand removal (may damage the dial if not careful)
  • be patient - take a break now and then - watch parts are very small and can get frustrating when handling them

All the best.

Luthier

Thats why I want to see a guide. I don't mind damaging a £15 movement. I service my own cars, I set up my own guitars, I want to service and maintain my own watches.

Stop being so aggressive!

Mate, I built a few cars and bikes, and I build guitars from the scratch, it's my occupation, and, trust me- I know watches way better, than you, but I'd never ever would even try to swap movements on any of my watches, because I never did it before, and watch is 1000 times more delicate thing, than any guitar or car.

I'm not aggressive, I'm trying to save you from a disaster.

AS90

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one." - Elbert Hubbard

decus

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one." - Elbert Hubbard

My teachers says ''It's not the messing up, It's how you come out of the messing up'' My teacher is 84 BTW. ;-)