Sign in to follow this  
Aaron88

Bracelet broken?

Aaron88

Hi guys,

Just received my first rep today, a Tag Carrera Day Date and love it. The only thing is that where the bracelet connects to the watch one of the pins slip out. I can push it back in but it still comes out. Any tips would be appreciated as I'm a newbie. I've attached a picture to show what I mean (sorry iPhone quality)

4ugejatu.jpg

Crusader

Looks like the spring bar wasn't placed right.... Try to compress the spring bar and push it in the hole in the lug and when you hear a click, it should be on its place. I hope that will solve it.

Del

I'm not familiar with this watch but as Crusader said it looks like the springbar just popped out. It's spring-loaded at each end so you just need to stick one side in and try to compress the other side with a little screwdriver and slip it inside the lug. Once in then gently push/waggle the bracelet end link into place and hopefully you will hear a "click" when it pops into the holes on the inside of the lugs.

Good luck! :thumbsup2:

Aaron88

Thanks for the quick responses. I've tried what you have suggested just can't get it to lock into place!! Thanks for the help I'll eventually get it :/ haha

offshore

Sometimes those are very difficult to line up.

Check that the holes haven't got "dags" around them.

On occasion it is worth bending the spring bar slightly to try to get it to line up.Also try another smaller diameter spring bar.

Your local mall booth will have a set of spring bar bending pliers like these in the RWG shop-http://shop.homage-watches-guide.com/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=182

to help bend them.

This is a try, try, and try again job !

O/S

Aaron88

Thanks for all the help and suggestions, just a quick update. After many hours of trying to get the spring bar to lock in myself I took it to a kiosk in the middle of the shopping centre. I was charged $10 and waited for it to be fitted after watching the staff struggle for more than half an hour with it they told me to come back the next day. When I picked it up the staff informed me that it took more than half the day to fit and I got my money's worth. I'm just happy to be able to wear my first rep, thanks again for all your help.