Sign in to follow this  
1970yvo

What should I buy?

1970yvo

Guys,

Have been a member on this forum since April his year but still yet to make my first purchase. Reason for this is I wanted to take my time, read the posts and be as well informed as I could before making any decision.

I've found the forum most informative and narrowed down through reading the posts to three watches I would like. I know that you can't always guarantee how well a watch would perform (obviously choice of movement makes a difference) and wether the watch is maintained properly or serviced but I would like to take members thoughts on watches which are deemed to be pretty bombproof. One of my choices is the Pam 111n V3 from Noob with hand wind movement from Toro.

I wanted to spend a little bit more to ensure the quality was present and the rep was as close to the Gen as possible so I would like it to last as long as possible. Other choices are a Rolex GMT master or Omega PO.

Right I've waffled on for long enough so I'd welcome your suggestions, any brand, any style, movement etc. just something that's going to last.

Crusader

There is no actual guarantee that rep will last 1 month, 1 year or longer... it's something you except when you press the ''Buy'' button :)

I say you contact Toro and order the 111, it's the only way you'll get to know reps. And that will also be your end, because you will get addicted, you will order more watches you don't really need and you will keep doing that as long as there will be some money on the credit card :D

Grimmi

Hey, great choices IMHO...

I have a GMT master, a PO 42mm is on its way from Mary (should arrive tomorrow - tracking says its in the country and cleared for delivery) and I also have a PAM111 n V3 (from MR) due in a day or two...

I'll gladly post pics of them all when they arrive, and I'll put up pics of the GMT master tomorrow (I'm out atm and on my iPad, so no camera)...

I reckon the PAM is great (I had to order this one ASAP as I gave my last one to a friend), and the GMT is my daily beater, I love it...

Haven't seen the PO yet (except for QC pics) so we'll see...

Sorry I couldn't be much more help, pics will come soon...

Greenhat

Right I've waffled on for long enough so I'd welcome your suggestions, any brand, any style, movement etc. just something that's going to last.

Maybe contact mystic meg

seclark007

You've fallen into the classic trap...I did too! I have one of each of the models that you mention above, and think that you would be happy with any of them as your first. I got them in this order: GMT, PO, 111. The last one I wore was the PO, the next one I sell is the GMT. The 111 will be in my collection for a while to come. I think you'll be happy with the 111 as a first purchase, and if not, it'll flip real easy in the M2M sales.

The politically correct answer is to get the one that you want, rather than what others tell you.....but if you have been reading like you say, you know that this place is NOT all that politically correct :D

Good Luck!

S

Greenhat

Yeah Get a Omega PO .................i dare ya

markeym3

Nice choice, I would go fo the Omega, it is a classic style and just a nice watch, out of all the watches i have had this one seems to stay around, dont worry too much about your first watch, as mentioned above you can sell it on here or maybe go for one with the 21j movement, its a bit cheaper and if you really get on well with it you can go for a better movement, enjoy your purchase you are safe with the TD's on here.

conx

You'll be happy with any of those. Only problem with the GMT is the rehaut engraving is not very accurately lined up (or wasnt - not sure if the latest versions are better).

I'd say go with the 111 or the PO for your first buy.

jeffw69

rwgwatchnos.png

:giggle:

hnic

great choices

did some good researching

seems the 111 is the way to go

you'll buy all of m sooner or later

ZellerFTW

All of these 111's... bah! PAM 328 for the win...

UmpaHimself

Daaaaaayum, since April? You've got a great deal of patience my friend and I commend you for that. I joined around the same time and I'm in for 8 not including the two my father has.

The 111 noob is a great choice and would be my pic out of the three. Very accurate and well made, plus I love that movement. Very sturdy IMO.

NFleischer

You can't go wrong - all nice watches.

I wouldn't worry too much about the rehaut- nobody really notices that.

Bash64

There is no actual guarantee that rep will last 1 month, 1 year or longer... it's something you except when you press the ''Buy'' button :)

I say you contact Toro and order the 111, it's the only way you'll get to know reps. And that will also be your end, because you will get addicted, you will order more watches you don't really need and you will keep doing that as long as there will be some money on the credit card :D

+1 I wear my Pam 320 (similar to 111) more than almost any watch I have. Toro has a nice version that is inexpensive. April? and no watches yet? Amazing. Talk about a long engagement :D

BadPickle

It's a tightrope!!! Maybe you should get all 3 if you can. Road test them for a while, if they're not for you, then you could always list them on the M2M sales. That way it eliminates the 'what if'

What looks good in pictures doesn't always look good on the wrist.

But whatever you do, I'll wish you the best of luck!! DDC64E08-2200-40A4-A24B-41EF78B7E8B0-219-000000E9A77B1B92.jpg

Grimmi
It's a tightrope!!! Maybe you should get all 3 DDC64E08-2200-40A4-A24B-41EF78B7E8B0-219-000000E9A77B1B92.jpg

+10000 that's the spirit!

PetshaFey

BUY ALL THE WATCHES

parisianshut

Buy all 3 . No choice make life easier....