Sign in to follow this  
PCSAM

David Wong PN datona

wiesn089

David's a nice guy to deal with, I'm in contact with him, I think we'll gonna sort it out somehow. Thanks for all your input.

Edited by wiesn089

RolexAddict

hum, I believe and understand wiesn.

David sells good stuff for those who know how it works. But not a good option to buy a assembled watch.

As I said : buying parts, assembling a chrono watch, ask to the seller to assemble for you.... lot of funky options. Or the best one is Spinmaster.

Spinmaster is the man. But its pricy.

The basic rules of business : when you buy expensive, you spend money but you don't lose a lot in fact. When you buy cheap, most of the time you lose everything...

wiesn, where are you located ? If you are in Europe (as its faster and no customs troubles) I can help you and rebuilt your chrongraph.

Noddy
wiesn, where are you located ? If you are in Europe (as its faster and no customs troubles) I can help you and rebuilt your chrongraph.

I'm guessing yes since he mentioned paying duty of 75€.

wiesn089

Thanks for the offer, RolexAddict, yeah I'm located in Germany.

David will send me some replacement parts (pushers, dial - which's issue wasn't adressed by him as requested) free of charge, so I can't complain about his customer service, he's actually pretty nice to deal with. I got it into working condition (well without chrono function) by now, and will leave it this way for the time being as it tells time and I can wear it. I've already ordered a gen Tropic 21 and will be ordering a gen 24-703 crown and tube but will ask my watchmaker to do the assembly from here on. I will leave the Mystery Movement alone until I have sourced a reasonably priced original Valjoux 23 as I feel every € spend on this piece of chinese quality is a wasted one and I really do fear breaking it.

Thanks again for all your help, Rolex, I might eventually come back to you about this one. :Praying:

Edited by wiesn089

RolexAddict

David will send me some replacement parts (pushers, dial - which's issue wasn't adressed by him as requested) free of charge, so I can't complain about his customer service, he's actually pretty nice to deal with. I got it into working condition (well without chrono function) by now, and will leave it this way for the time being as it tells time and I can wear it. I've already ordered a gen Tropic 21 and will be ordering a gen 24-703 crown and tube but will ask my watchmaker to do the assembly from here on. I will leave the Mystery Movement alone until I have sourced a reasonably priced original Valjoux 23 as I feel every € spend on this piece of chinese quality is a wasted one and I really do fear breaking it.

Thanks again for all your help, Rolex, I might eventually come back to you about this one. :frusty:

o.k, thats good you have a positive issue, I had also a little problem with DIY/DW and David felt very concerned and reactive like in your case, sending me lot of components for free,

Everybody can miss or forget something, fortunately, David is a pro,

sounds good,

anyway, just in case, I am located in France, and if you need some help or advises for your chronograph building, just tell me

Edited by RolexAddict

BMWM3

Greetings from Los Angeles! I too recently ordered and recieved a DW PN Daytona with black exotic dial. It's quickly become my favorite rep! But it stopped working today after less than a week on my wrist. I think the movement is dead. Nothing is ticking. I had ordered the manual 7750 with the thin caseback. I'm not sure what to do now. I sent David an email explaining the problem so not sure how he's going to try and resolve. I also sent spinmaster a pm. Not sure if he's in the business of diagnosing and correcting problems related to movement. At a minimum, I want the auto gears removed in their entirety so the watch can function as a true manual. But I'm not sure if the movement is even repairable at the moment. Any thoughts you all may have on how best to resolve would be much appreciated. Thx

KBH

I had mine serviced and the winding gears removed by SpeedyG in Chicago.

If you want to e mail him his address is: [email protected]

Plan on it taking a while, though. He's pretty busy at the moment.

Baldrick
can you just explain what do you mean about "step down" on a dial ???

They're called 'pie-pan' sub dials!

P_Diddy

is the Mystery movement or the clone Valijoux movement, manual or automatic?

are they both thinner than A7750 movement?

Cheers

PD

Thanks again for all your help, Rolex, I might eventually come back to you about this one. :giggle:

o.k, thats good you have a positive issue, I had also a little problem with DIY/DW and David felt very concerned and reactive like in your case, sending me lot of components for free,

Everybody can miss or forget something, fortunately, David is a pro,

sounds good,

anyway, just in case, I am located in France, and if you need some help or advises for your chronograph building, just tell me

saabin

The Mystery movement is manual and yes thinner than a 7750.

P_Diddy

what about the clone valijoux movement?

The Mystery movement is manual and yes thinner than a 7750.

trailboss99

PD, did you read the freakin' thread?

DWs come with A7750s, either with or without the autowind module.

If the module is present a different caseback is used that is a mm or so thicker.

There is no clone of the Valijoux used in 'tonas. If you refer to the Sea-Gull it does

not have the necessary registers to be used in an accurate Daytona.

Col.

P_Diddy

the different caseback that is a 1mm thicker, is virtually indistinguishable when worn on the wrist??

I just completed my transaction with David, very nice guy to deal with. He's building me a 6263 with black dial and mystery movement, hope it'll work well until I have secured an original Valjoux 23. Thanks so much for your help KBH, will keep you all posted and post some pictures when it arrives.

PD, did you read the freakin' thread?

DWs come with A7750s, either with or without the autowind module.

If the module is present a different caseback is used that is a mm or so thicker.

There is no clone of the Valijoux used in 'tonas. If you refer to the Sea-Gull it does

not have the necessary registers to be used in an accurate Daytona.

Col.

Edited by P_Diddy

trailboss99

Yes PD it is but a gen is not autowind so any auto noise is gunna sound odd.

Col.

Member X
Greetings from Los Angeles! I too recently ordered and recieved a DW PN Daytona with black exotic dial. It's quickly become my favorite rep! But it stopped working today after less than a week on my wrist. I think the movement is dead. Nothing is ticking. I had ordered the manual 7750 with the thin caseback. I'm not sure what to do now. I sent David an email explaining the problem so not sure how he's going to try and resolve. I also sent spinmaster a pm. Not sure if he's in the business of diagnosing and correcting problems related to movement. At a minimum, I want the auto gears removed in their entirety so the watch can function as a true manual. But I'm not sure if the movement is even repairable at the moment. Any thoughts you all may have on how best to resolve would be much appreciated. Thx

I'm confused... ;)

It sounds like you ordered a manual, it's wound down, but you think it should automatically wind??