Sign in to follow this  
Aniston69

Need opinion on this rep (pics incl)

Aniston69

Basically im in the market for a rep sub lv

Ive been spending every waking moment on here and ive been looking for an LV and want your input please.

On a scale of 1-TC please let me know of what jumps out at you most and how big ofna deal it is.

I am thinking this is comparable to a noob? I know its not as nice as a BK or TC but for about 300 less than those is it worth it? Or what would you pay for it. Seller tells me it is accurate weight and has a rubber something? For waterproof?

I hope the pics work thanks

f138d0b84398d9f297a86a6b3aa6d6ed_zps2dd62925.jpg

bcb33ad9a469fb2c9751ff70dc0db8f0_zps4952cd3e.jpg

e1eff8abfb85b789a4f7bdac99c2f528_zps8833465a.jpg

fa12dc224cbcaa1605f31ab7006fd752_zps5c5e9732.jpg

89cbb6987fb988d92f2b89114a77210e_zps99c15100.jpg

I do realize the 12 oclock triangle is a little off with the pearl

fatarms

The silver outline on the hour markers is way too wide. The date magnification is too weak on the cyclops.

Not more than about $35-40 for it in my opinion.

Aniston69
The silver outline on the hour markers is way too wide. The date magnification is too weak on the cyclops.

Not more than about $35-40 for it in my opinion.

So even a noobmariner is significently better in your opinion, good to know

fatarms

Yes, I would say a lot better. The markers on that dial are pretty awful to be completely honest, and theere is almost no magnification of the date with that cyclops. Those are two really big, in your face flaws in my opinion.

Bobbylah

Agreed. That just looks bad.

Flaguyinetown

Ooh boy, I'm only into rep world x maybe six weeks, but I do know the 16610 and 116610 watches really well.

Let me have at'er.

1. Crown guards are too long and cover crown.

2. Second markers touch the rehaut. They shouldn't.

3. Über SHlT clasp. The flip lock recess should be flat not a divot.

4. Date font looks like it's left aligned, prob not 2.5x

5. Looks like a pretty old rep to me. Has the old style rolex sels that don't sit flush (when looking at back).

Yeah, I'll align with fat arms. $40 tops.

Except, I wouldn't buy it.

I'd spend the extra for this: http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=33884&st=0

g.man

Looks like absolute junk to me.

sorry

g.man

Aniston69
Yes, I would say a lot better. The markers on that dial are pretty awful to be completely honest, and theere is almost no magnification of the date with that cyclops. Those are two really big, in your face flaws in my opinion.

Awesome thanks ive spoken to reg and am on his list also feelng out bk and tc. Just wanted to see if this was comparable due to the convenience of just going to pick it up.

Thanks

cwazy1

I agree with what everyone has said, but since you look so highly of BK's subs... you understand that his are just noobmariners with an ETA and a different date wheel?

ics1821

No comparison at all.. It would be like comaparing a ferrari to a yugo!

ics1821

Here are some of the issues: sel, crown crown guards,dial,pearl and bezel,band,clasp,coronet...shall i go on..

Cynikal.Mindset

Don't look for reps on the inside of a dude's trench coat on a street corner. Da fuq is that thing!?!?

ics1821
Don't look for reps on the inside of a dude's trench coat on a street corner. Da fuq is that thing!?!?

Aniston69

Awesome im loving the feedback im going to offer him 40 instead of his 250 asking price haha lets see what he says

ics1821
Awesome im loving the feedback im going to offer him 40 instead of his 250 asking price haha lets see what he says

40$ sounds about right,not a penny more..good luck

Aniston69

40$ sounds about right,not a penny more..good luck

Ha thanks, its crazy how much better reg and the noob is for less. I dont mind paying but i want to get what im paying for

amespinosa

excuse my words, but that thing is a piece of garbage. i wouldn't pay $20 for that. not even good for a parts watch. try looking at trusted dealers then decide, a noobmariner is way better than that.

LightGeek

$250?? Offer him $40? You give him $40 and he just made 100% markup.

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse the brevity of this message.

g.man

Indeed. I wouldn't accept this sort of junk as a gift.

walk away

g.man

Aniston69

Hahahaha as i stated im in line with reg andnspeaking to bk, i just hapoen to come across this and wanted everyones obvious expert advice lol i am not gonna buy it i repeat not buy it

1littlegreen

Got a hammer?? A Noobmariner from Reg is 1000% better than this and is only 120US.

Kev

Aniston69

Got a hammer?? A Noobmariner from Reg is 1000% better than this and is only 120US.

Kev

HAHA funny,.. do yo uor anyone know if this from Marvelous replica is the same as from reg with nikaaaa? Marvelous replica states it is a noob.

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=34608

Aniston69

also is it possible for me to buy a black noob from reg and simply swap the bezel insert from one on ebay? ive seen somve vids on youtube and know i can if they have the ability to be switched like a gen

Flaguyinetown

Kev

HAHA funny,.. do yo uor anyone know if this from Marvelous replica is the same as from reg with nikaaaa? Marvelous replica states it is a noob.

http://www.rwg.bz/bo...showtopic=34608

I'm pretty sure MR's is the same noob, but I'm super tired right now so I glanced for about 1/100 of a second.

Note that MR's has a better movement. It's a an asian 2836 clone instead of Reg's 21 J. The 2836 has 28 beats per minute sweep which is a nice upgrade for a few more dollars.

Other TD's should have a noob 16610 too.

Aniston69

Kev

http://www.rwg.bz/bo...showtopic=34608

I'm pretty sure MR's is the same noob, but I'm super tired right now so I glanced for about 1/100 of a second.

Note that MR's has a better movement. It's a an asian 2836 clone instead of Reg's 21 J. The 2836 has 28 beats per minute sweep which is a nice upgrade for a few more dollars.

Other TD's should have a noob 16610 too.

thank you im dealing right now with watch international and marvelous. i believe watch international is more on top of it for me, and have a good one im going to most likely move forward with