Sign in to follow this  
Luthier

The Birth of The Diver.

amuthon

The design looks great so far....would love to see something very special, like H3 tritium hands and markers...

Balad1

The design looks great so far....would love to see something very special, like H3 tritium hands and markers...

This is Luthier installing the Tritium tubes to the watches...

simpsons-radioactive.jpg

oscarmadfish

i hope this comes out around easter or we wont be able to keep up = well at least us poor people wont :help3:

diplosa

I didn't read all the posts, so if this was mentioned previously - my apologies or not.... May be this will be a reinforcement. I am not personally into divers watches, but I do appreciate them. Am sure Luth will incorporate useful suggestions into the design and what I personally would like to see changed is the graphics on the back- dolphin hugging the world.... dunno about it.

And let me say this one more time - RWG NEEDS A LOGO. NOT THE LETTERS "RWG", but an ACTUAL LOGO. Then, the logo needs to go on our watches. Thank you very much.

DR3M3L

Don't think i'm stealing your idea, just got inspired and would like to show what i created in photoshop:

diver.jpg

Maybe you get some inspiration from this piece for the back of the watch :)

HeavyKrush
Don't think i'm stealing your idea, just got inspired and would like to show what i created in photoshop:

diver.jpg

needs a little more definition or contrast but looks pretty sweet mate.

DR3M3L

Yeah i know, this is just 40 minutes of work... If they want I can make a better version in illustrator.

Scavolas

I thought this is a blue marlin on the picture... Which is much more unique and elegant, not speaking of fame. BlueMarlin, with a blue dial and orange hands and markers.

As for the design features, I'd definitely want date and a very clean, very simple dial and bezel. This is, at this stage at least to my taste, a bit "too many notes" as Joseph the Second had put it to Mozart. The bracelet is so much top notch on the RWG watch that I cannot recommend anything else.

Keep up the great work!

Really hope the watch design doesn't change at all!!! I think this watch was perfect from the get go!!!!

And what's wrong with dolphins? I guess you could put something more manly like a shark, or swordfish (guess that would be cool considering all the sharp edges!), but I don't see the issue! I mean look at this thing!!! It looks manly and angry!!

And I'm gonna throw sword fish out there just because no one has :)

ynabaze4.jpg

diplosa

diver.jpg

This pretty effin awesome...... something like that..... Take a stab at RWG logo ;)

DR3M3L

Hmm, what would you like to see as a logo? Don't have any inspiration right now....

To be honest, i really like the simple RWG, just like the IWC logo :D

Balad1

diver.jpg

Very cool concept, Joran.

diplosa

Talk to Luth about the design, he is the head designer here on this enormous project.

DR3M3L

Thanks all for your compliments :)

Talk to Luth about the design, he is the head designer here on this enormous project.

I will, only i don't have much time.. Full time job as a designer and in the evening it's most of the time working out en looking for watches!

Luthier

This is the official RWG logo, it exist for many years, and nobody will change it.

Logo.jpg

oscarmadfish

This is the official RWG logo, it exist for many years, and nobody will change it.

Logo.jpg

agreed

conx

Logo.jpg

Put dolphins on the arrows, job done.

DR3M3L

It can be used in many places on the watch. Kinda like the idea to place it on a crown with the same shape!

Member X

Just coming back to the internal / external rotating bezel issue, if we have an internal bezel, won't it have to be lumed? Which would be more expensive?

I don't think any of the current divers, like the APROO Divers, have lumed internal bezels direct from the factory, do they?

For this reason it may be best to go with just an external bezel?

:)

Luthier

First I want to talk to the factory about WR on additional crown. If they'll guarantee the same level of WR, as on main crown - then we'll talk about the function and lume.

DR3M3L

First I want to talk to the factory about WR on additional crown. If they'll guarantee the same level of WR, as on main crown - then we'll talk about the function and lume.

You saw my back design by the way? just tried something wih your idea of a dolphin and the earth together...

Balad1

Logo.jpg

+1

slask111

I think you are onto someting here G. I do like the design, dolphin or not. But i do have to raise the question with the bezel. There is a reson most makers have left the rough bezels and are now releaseing watches with rubber or ceramic bezels. It is becauase it looks nice and function well. Its jst food for thought. I have a breitling, dont need this this so to speak, i guess you get my point. Otherwise go at it. But pls rls. the v1 chrono first, cant wait to get mine ;)

Btw, that rendering of the caseback that someone posted before me looks GREAT, food for thought :)

Btw my rules of a diver:

1. Simple dial

2. GREAT lume

3. No fuss.

4. Must look good after 5 years of wear and tear (aka no polished surfaces)

5. BIG hands. Must be easy to read.

6. AR, AR, AR ;)

Edited by slask111

wolfwood

I like the RWG logo on the crown ideal and maybe even on the caseback. On the dial, I prefer the letters RWG.

aututto

Anyone else think just putting RWG on their just looks like a homage to the IWC logo. I mean granted they're both insanely basic so it's hard not to look alike. And I really like just RWG on there. But styling the letters different or making a logo would definitely be cool!

Balad1

Logo.jpg

I like the one posters idea of modifying the RWG logo with 3 dolphins. That would be way cool on a dive watch.

I understand the reasoning for our logo and am proud of it but don't want it on a watch.

In the U. S. it is the symbol used on recycling trash containers.

Sorry, if this offends.