Sign in to follow this  
Luthier

The Birth of The Diver.

James.

should call it "noobmariner" hahahahaha

Balad1

Beautiful Luthier, would like it to have a SS band and a diver's extention is a must.

Also the connection between the lugs and band needs to be super strong. Maybe solid pin and not spring bars.

Luthier

Same bracelet style, as on watch #1, with thick screws, instead of spring bars. No idea about dial color yet.

Balad1

Same bracelet style, as on watch #1, with thick screws, instead of spring bars. No idea about dial color yet.

No matter what I love it and will buy it but if it's going to be used for diving it has to have the extention for use over the wet suit.

Great work Brother.

oscarmadfish

WOW

maybe move the mad dolphin to the other side and make it day - date :irish_dance:

Luthier

Had this thought already. All depend, what movement will be available. If 2836-2 - then, definitely, Day/Date.

But from the other hand... I never seen Diver with DD.

Electron17

WOW, what a great design. For colour wise, maybe a yellow or orange??? Maybe also the section between the lugs could be covered so it looks like the bracelet goes into the watch. Luthier, you will be putting the TD's out of business as we won't have any money left to spend with them!!! What a fantastic design, keep up the good work.

Regards,

Jan

:thepianohasbeendrinking::q5:

James.

Seiko monster is day/date... I think... yep

SKX779-b.jpg

oscarmadfish

Had this thought already. All depend, what movement will be available. If 2836-2 - then, definitely, Day/Date.

exactly = RWG would be the first

Mazz

Some Seiko divers are day date. Like the monster and the tunas etc

Luthier

Well... That's why I said - suggestions are welcome. Let it be Day/Date.

acharria

Still working on lugs and other details. Opinions and suggestions are very welcome.

02.jpg

Change #5 for #2!! LOL

MadButcher

I know, it's a Divers watch, but I'm sure many people would like to have elegant Diver, to wear on the daily basis.

Luth, I´m afraid if you keep that many sharp edges on bezel, it will be difficult to wear it on daily basis. Or maybe for personal protection - instead of gun. Looks like you can use it to kill anything you meet - one good shot and it´s dead :rofl:

But I like this watch, it´s wonderful even as a drawing... im%20Not%20Worthy.gif

KeNnY

Looks great GEORGE !!! :)

But please can't you put some more man like SCARY name there ? Like SHARK or STINGRAY instead DOLPHIN ? :lol:

060904_stingray_02.jpg

Stingray

tiger_shark.jpg

Tiger Shark

henry.jpg

Dolphin

Very cool seeing the production come together. Made me think of Poseidon for some reason.

as far, as I know, the mechanism, that rotate rehaut on AP Diver, is made from cheap plastic, and prone to break easily.

Surely you don't mean the V3? The thing is a beast. Metal gears & ball bearings.

DSC_2204.jpg

Please tell me these are not going to be falling apart.. :Doh:

Yes The AP Diver V3 has got ball bearings there on the inner bezel with bezel insert ! It is MUCH BETTER CONSTRUCTION then the V2 or V1 ! Fucking amazing if you want it to put this way.

So you are correct P4GTR ! :) And nice from you that you read my topic :lol:

James.

how about a sea cucumber? Or starfish? :lol: IMO the "shark" has been overdone on diving watches.

Sea_cucumber.jpg

starfish-orange-plastic-f1024a.jpg

Octopussy?

octopus-logo.jpg

hnic

i agree with Kenny

i dont like a day/date just date

cant wait for this result

solkryssare

Here are my thoughts and Im not gonna sugar coat it. Just like I didn't with the first watch. This is a process and all things need to be on the table now.

I think it looks too much like a mixture of existing watches right now. The bezel has too much Breitling to it and doesn't look unique. The raised parts on the bezel are too extreme imo and combined with the 0, 15, 30 and 45 makes it look less elegant. The Date surrounding also adds to the look of the watch being a mixture of designs and is also not elegant enough. I dont think the stripes on the side of the watch belongs on a diver. A dive watch is a tool watch and should not have any "decorations" like that imo.

I like the double chamfer on the lugs and CG's. And I also like the crown which is just as simple as I think the rest of the watch should be. The rest of the dial and the hands look great and are simple and down to the bone.

You/we need to find that one unique design feature that makes the Diver look like nothing else on the market yet maintaining is simplicity......

Hope you find these comments useful and you know you can PM me any time for a chat mate :)

Del

The bezel has too much Breitling to it and doesn't look unique.

This is not a bad thing! :spank:

:D

Very interesting Luth - I'm sure you will refine the design to something special again. :thumbsup2:

solkryssare

Very interesting Luth - I'm sure you will refine the design to something special again. :thumbsup2:

It is if you want something new and fresh on the market :)

Del

I actually agree with you mate, I just like using the "spank" emoticon........:Whistle:

greg_r

lol@Del.

It's a good start, Luth - I am sure you'll find that 'unique' touch just as you did with the first one. These things take time...

Oh, btw, I'm glad I'm not the only one you single out for PM hell. :rofl:

nuker

Looks great GEORGE !!! :)

But please can't you put some more man like SCARY name there ? Like SHARK or STINGRAY instead DOLPHIN ? :lol:

060904_stingray_02.jpg

Stingray

tiger_shark.jpg

Tiger Shark

henry.jpg

Dolphin

:lol:

How about CANNIBALIC HAMMERHEAD? :D

You can use abbreviation liek RWG CH Divers and shock peoples when they will ask you about meaning of CH.

Brutal!

solkryssare

I actually agree with you mate, I just like using the "spank" emoticon........ :Whistle:

I don't use it enough.......That will have to change :D

Im sure the Diver will be one awesome time piece once finished :)

trksh-bzr

if the name is dolphin, there could be a limited limited edition called dan marino.....everyone else makes versions for jock heads. sports swagg suggested....:lol:

seriously, I think this look really interessting.

nice work luth!

gtwc

So far - so good.

I do agree with the other posters who have voiced a concern about there being

'too many sharp edges' on the raised bezel.

Look forward to seeing a colour pic of the 'mocked-up- prototype.

Well done G !

:thumbsup: