Sign in to follow this  
Luthier

The Birth of The Diver.

Luthier

Monkey wrench.

:rofl:

Balad1

recyclecrown.png

WTF, looks like a wheel tread for legos...

Monkey wrench.

Modern Art.

Mazz

Hows about the

Cthulhu

diver :mazz:

sconehead

recyclecrown.png

Monkey wrench.

Modern Art.

Tssssssssssssk, philistines...note my attention to detail, the RWG recycle logo embossed on the top, the functional design to aid gripping the crown with wet/damp hands, plus the drain holes at each corner which also lighten the assembly...and last but not least, my awesome CAD skills which even put mighty Sol in the shade...

Luthier

Oh... I thought arrows show the rotation direction...

You're genius, Scone!!!!!!!!!!

:D

sconehead

Oh... I thought arrows show the rotation direction...

You're genius, Scone!!!!!!!!!!

:D

...I know...:lol:

Balad1

recyclecrown.png

Monkey wrench.

Modern Art.

Tssssssssssssk, philistines...note my attention to detail, the RWG recycle logo embossed on the top, the functional design to aid gripping the crown with wet/damp hands, plus the drain holes at each corner which also lighten the assembly...and last but not least, my awesome CAD skills which even put mighty Sol in the shade...

Nah, it's a fuck'n zoo monkey cage on a pedestal.

g.man

Reminds me of :dingleberry-nemesis:

KeNnY
frogman-happy-240x180.jpg

digger2

Great work Luth!

Here are my initial thoughts

I prefer a deskdiver and I like the original idea with the sharp edges and also the name and the size.

I think the 60 minute marker on the bezel should be lumed.

Things I would like to change:

Crown should be shorter and the hands wider and second hand with bigger lumed dot in the end.

Dial, thinking maybe light grey color, dolphin like.

Looking forward to see it develop!

Cynikal.Mindset

as long as it doesn't say fuckin "Dolphin" on the dial I'm in...who the fuck wants a watch that says Dolphin??? I suppose it could have a "flipper-lock" clasp to go along with it and the rubber strap could smell of sardines and salt water

NO DOLPHIN!!!

KeNnY

as long as it doesn't say fuckin "Dolphin" on the dial I'm in...who the fuck wants a watch that says Dolphin??? I suppose it could have a "flipper-lock" clasp to go along with it and the rubber strap could smell of sardines and salt water

NO DOLPHIN!!!

Love the Dolphins mate !

dolphin love2 web.jpg

382715cl6355bplb.gif

dolphin_love_by_jooihi-d3d7ipk.jpg

dolphin-love-photo_991601-260tall.jpg

And Dolphin Threesome !

dolphin love.gif

:lol:

offshore

Hows about the

Cthulhu

@ Mazz,

Having viewed that Wiki and with so much ado about the “proper” name for this project, may I offer a solution.

Now we all know that some of the great watches of our time, have been named after great expeditions they have been on, or events they have been part of.

Names like “Moonwatch”, Kon Tiki and Daytona spring to mind, and there are many others.

So if we were to present the prototype to Onze, for use on his nocturnal forays into the heart of the public toilet system, there would certainly be some major naming opportunities arise.

The photo from that wiki struck me very much as a man /animal, perched on a toilet.

I will leave it to the membership to arrive at the most appropriate symbol, but on the back of an Onze expedition, the possibilities are boundless. :rofl:

On a serious note, a lot of the better diver watches are known for a wider range of marine activities, and it would be very passe to have another marine predator as the symbol for a watch from the current decade. Something like "Marianis", or even "Bathyscape" to reflect marine depths..plenty of good words in Wiki-http://en.wikipedia....turation_diving, or even "Starfish" for the sci fi crew-http://en.wikipedia....popular_culture

Finally however, it's usually the precedent of the parents to name the offspring!

Offshore

Cynikal.Mindset

NO DOLPHIN!!!

Love the Dolphins mate !

dolphin%20love2%20web.jpg

382715cl6355bplb.gif

dolphin_love_by_jooihi-d3d7ipk.jpg

dolphin-love-photo_991601-260tall.jpg

And Dolphin Threesome !

dolphin%20love.gif

:lol:

the dark side of things...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2121548/The-dark-Flipper-Hes-sexual-predator-seas-resorts-rape-way.html

Luthier

Great work Luth!

Here are my initial thoughts

I prefer a deskdiver and I like the original idea with the sharp edges and also the name and the size.

I think the 60 minute marker on the bezel should be lumed.

Things I would like to change:

Crown should be shorter and the hands wider and second hand with bigger lumed dot in the end.

Dial, thinking maybe light grey color, dolphin like.

Looking forward to see it develop!

Triangle IS a lume. Crown definitely will be shorter. Not sure about wider hands, they're already wide enough, if more - it would lose elegancy. Second hand - I just added it 1 minute before shooting pics, didn't even think about it. Definitely will be different.

@Alan - will study your links, thanks!!! Always very valuable advices, mate!!!

gtwc

Hows about the

Cthulhu

@ Mazz,

Having viewed that Wiki and with so much ado about the “proper” name for this project, may I offer a solution.

Now we all know that some of the great watches of our time, have been named after great expeditions they have been on, or events they have been part of.

Names like “Moonwatch”, Kon Tiki and Daytona spring to mind, and there are many others.

So if we were to present the prototype to Onze, for use on his nocturnal forays into the heart of the public toilet system, there would certainly be some major naming opportunities arise.

The photo from that wiki struck me very much as a man /animal, perched on a toilet.

I will leave it to the membership to arrive at the most appropriate symbol, but on the back of an Onze expedition, the possibilities are boundless. :rofl:

On a serious note, a lot of the better diver watches are known for a wider range of marine activities, and it would be very passe to have another marine predator as the symbol for a watch from the current decade. Something like "Marianis", or even "Bathyscape" to reflect marine depths..plenty of good words in Wiki-http://en.wikipedia....turation_diving, or even "Starfish" for the sci fi crew-http://en.wikipedia....popular_culture

Finally however, it's usually the precedent of the parents to name the offspring!

Offshore

If it were up to Onze it would probably be called the.................

RWG Fist Fuck .....tssssssssssssskkkkkkkk

:giggle:

gtwc

I hope & presume this is matte / brushed s/s not polished ????????

Luthier

Of course.

oscarmadfish

of course i would call it the mad fish

Mark9117

I like this idea. As for names, "Dolphin" just doesn't do it for me. I think Krakken is a bit over the top, but not so much that I actually object to it (I hear Krakken rum is really awful).

I like the idea of bringing a place name to the concept: Bimini, Nassau, Abyssal Plain, Laurentian Abyss, Challenger Deep, Java Trench, Cayman Trough.

Or just make it the hell up: Luthier Abyssal, RWG Deep. You get the idea.

And while I like the watch concept drawings, I would like it more if it were more divery, or diveresque, if you will.

I hope I can scrape up the money for one.

Mark

Aren

It's very nice Luth...

Impressive design drawings!

:)

Frankt8242

How about FORPOLP........I'm sure Jacques wouldn't object.... :giggle: :giggle:

UmpaHimself
Ask Sol for rendering. Collective PMs would help.

;)

Ok, time to bug Sol :lol:

I really like the style of the "Automatic" text. Not sure about the "Dolphin" text. I do like it, but waiting to see the next rendition.

UmpaHimself
Or Steve Zissou :Whistle:

I'm in for a Zissou edition. Must come with limited edition red RWG beanie

Also, expect a billion PMs from me asking for renderings :D

Thank Luth for that ;)

aututto

Really hope the watch design doesn't change at all!!! I think this watch was perfect from the get go!!!!

And what's wrong with dolphins? I guess you could put something more manly like a shark, or swordfish (guess that would be cool considering all the sharp edges!), but I don't see the issue! I mean look at this thing!!! It looks manly and angry!!

And I'm gonna throw sword fish out there just because no one has :)

ynabaze4.jpg