Sign in to follow this  
turbotow

Ceramic bezel mods?

turbotow

I got a DSSD rep from a TD here, but the numbers are just not correct on the bezel (too thin). None of the reps really have the font correct so I have been looking for a gen bezel. No luck so far, but there are plenty of aftermarket ones.

I emailed a well know company, that supplies all sorts of aftermarket parts for rolex, and asked for more detailed pictures of their DSSD ceramic bezel. I told them I wanted to make sure I was replacing my gen DSSD with the correct font bezel. They replied stating I could enlarge the numbers myself. Im sure they thought I was a jeweler so maybe thats why I got the reply.

So.... Can anyone do that?

Thanks, Chris

10:10 Watch Repair

meaning they assume you have a CNC router?

UmpaHimself

I don't know about all that. I would just leave it be or sell it. The DSSDs are not quite perfect and they're are not enough gen part's readily available that would make it worth while to mod it.

turbotow

Well, I dont have a CNC router.. lol. I do have access to a 5 axis CNC machine, but they dont do watch modifications. Is that something you guys can do at 10:10? Do I have to buy another bezel or can you just modify the one on the watch now?

UmpaHimself

10:10 is one man. Hard to believe but it's true :lol:

turbotow

I don't know about all that. I would just leave it be or sell it. The DSSDs are not quite perfect and they're are not enough gen part's readily available that would make it worth while to mod it.

Im finding that out.

I wouldnt mind spending the extra money to make it more correct though, if possible. The bezel and the huge LEC bother me the most. I got the DSSD from BK so the DW was changed out, it has the bigger crystal seal and the movement is a new swiss eta.

10:10 Watch Repair

CNC?

You would have to PM Luthier for that.