Sign in to follow this  
Watchfreak1

Planet Ocean

Watchfreak1

Hey guys!

I asked Silix for a Omega Planet Ocean, like this: http://www.silix-prime.co/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=115_150_190&products_id=1714 but with an completely original Swiss ETA 2824-2 movement, not like in this link with an Asian ETA.

This one with original ETA will cost 368 USD. Do you think that's okay for this watch? Does this 100 USD difference between the Asian and Swiss ETA pays off?

The PO with happy feets will cost 225 USD (http://www.silix-prime.co/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=115_150_190&products_id=1628) what do you think about the movement built-in? Silix says, this a mixture of ETA and asian parts.

Thanks for your replies!

Greetings

watchfreak1

jeffw69

Personally, I would only use silix for cheapies.

gogeko

As Newbie and also looking for a watch, may I ask why?

I want also buy a watch in this range, what do you advise.

dalboy

As Newbie and also looking for a watch, may I ask why?

I want also buy a watch in this range, what do you advise.

Mary or Rochest @W.I. or .Toro.......etc..

Dal..

Balad1

Toro would be my choice and I'd go with the Swiss movement.

Watchfreak1

At first thanks for the frist answers!

The first dealer I asked was Mary, she doesn't ship to Germany, so I asked at Marvellous Replica, but he could not offer me the PO with the real ETA movement, so I wrote to Silix and Michelle was the first who offered me this one. Narikaa didn't answer yet.

So now I will write Toro, if he can arrange the PO with the real ETA, because I only want to buy it with the swiss movement, cause this is the heart of the watch :)

Greetings...

w...

UmpaHimself

Nothing wrong with the Asian ETA. It is also a great movement.

Watchfreak1

Now I have an answer from Toro.

What you guys say...would you purchase the 45mm version (http://www.torobravos.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=37&product_id=143) or the 42mm version (http://www.torobravos.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=37_128&product_id=151)?

Which one do you think is the better one in comparison to the gen or are they equal?

Thanks!!

RichardMiami

Why?

Watchfreak1

The newest information from Toro: Omega PO 42mm orange version with a new and original swiss ETA movement for 350 USD.

Do you guys think the price is okay for this watch?

thanks for your reply!

w...

g.man

The 45mm version is traditionally less problematic than the 42mm. The 42mm tends to suffer from crown stem problems.

regards

g.man

Watchfreak1
The 45mm version is traditionally less problematic than the 42mm. The 42mm tends to suffer from crown stem problems.

regards

g.man

t

Hi g.man

thanks for your reply.

Okay, is the 45mm Version in general the better-built One?

Which of the two is more to the gen? I was already searching in this Forum but couldn't find an answer to this question.

Hope you can help me :)

Greetings

warchfreak...

Lokin

I suggest PC for that particular model. That's where I got mine and it is an absolute stunner. I have a bunch of reps now, but this and my Noob Pam stun everyone that sees them.

On a side note, 42mm > 45mm :P

Watchfreak1

I suggest PC for that particular model. That's where I got mine and it is an absolute stunner. I have a bunch of reps now, but this and my Noob Pam stun everyone that sees them.

On a side note, 42mm > 45mm :P

The one offered from PC looks really great, but he's not a trusted dealer in this forum so I hesitate to order at him. Don't you think the one offered by toro will be the same one (5th generation)?

What kind of movement do you have in your one?

tesmith2112

Pearl looks good on these 42MM with orange bezel. Not sure why they cant do better on the black bezels..

OMES086_01.JPG

Watchfreak1

Pearl looks good on these 42MM with orange bezel. Not sure why they cant do better on the black bezels..

OMES086_01.JPG

Yes I think this one looks really good...which one would you buy? The 42mm or the 45mm version? Which one is the newer one and more to the gen?

Cyril_Clunge

You buy the one you like best, if you can't tell which one is more like the gen then does it matter?

Watchfreak1

You buy the one you like best, if you can't tell which one is more like the gen then does it matter?

For me as newbie both look equal :) but for example g.man wrote that the 42mm version suffers from crown stem problems. I haven't got the experiences with reps, this one will be the first for me an I will not spend 350usd and at least I will be disappointed, so I really depend on your experience. I already searched in the forum if there's something where they discuss whether the 42mm version or the 45mm version is the better one, but I found nothing :(

Hope you understand an will help me...

Best regards...