Sign in to follow this  
onzenuub

Glashutte's Baselworld 2010 Preview

onzenuub

Senator Sixties Panorama Date - Stylish Design

It only takes a glance to recognize the 1960s. This extraordinary period’s unmistakable look and feel lives on in the movies and the music, architecture and design we still admire today. German design from the 1960s reflects the era and stands apart in a world of its own, stylish in a retro-modern way, elegant and independent. An authentic tribute to the spirit of the times, Glashütte Original’s Senator Sixties Panorama Date celebrates the most exciting and intriguing decade of the 20th century.

4311651190_3f0da30055_o.jpg

The Senator Sixties Panorama Date combines unparalleled excellence in traditional mechanical watch making with a superbly evocative ‘vintage sixties’ design. Striking and stylish at once, the distinctive details and layout of the dial evoke the characteristic look of the nineteen sixties. The domed, galvanized black dial gives pride of place to the panorama date display and features exquisitely stylized silver Arabic numerals at hours 3, 6, 9 and 12, subtly complemented by a fine black minute ring. Gently arching, white gold hour, minute and seconds hands and diamond-cut hour markers enhance the simple elegance of the design.

4310914323_8530615408_o.jpg

The shaped sapphire crystal case back first seen on the Senator Sixties models is a feature of the Senator Sixties Panorama Date as well, enabling a clear view of the Caliber 39-47 automatic movement and its oscillating weight, crafted in 21-carat gold. The polished stainless steel case and a finely-worked black Louisiana Alligator leather strap complete this superb 20th-century vintage design.

4311651276_427d33c69e_o.jpg

The Senator Sixties Panorama Date is available with a galvanized black or satin-finished silver dial. The black-dial version features silver Arabic numerals, white gold baton hour, minute and seconds hands and diamond-cut hour markers; the date is presented in white numerals on a black ground. The satin-finished silver model presents black Arabic numerals, rose gold hands, diamond-cut hour markers and the date in black on white.

Senator Sixties Panorama Date

Technical Data Sheet

References: 39-47-01-02-04 with silver dial

39-47-0302-04 with black dial

Case Diameter: 42 mm

Height: 12.4 mm

Case Material: Stainless steel

Waterproof up to: 3 ATM

Glass: Sapphire crystal, on both sides anti-reflective

Bottom: Sapphire crystal, inside anti-reflective

Movement: Calibre 39-47

Dimensions: Diameter: 30.95 mm, Height: 5.9 mm

Balance: without regulate screws

Oscillating frequency: 28.800 A/h

Power reserve: 40 hours (+/- 5%)

Balance spring: flat spring

Shock protection: Incabloc

Additional details: Automatic movement, hour, minute, second central, panorama date at 6 o’clock, hands rose or white gold with luminous, luminous spots on the hours, beveled edges, polished steel parts, Glashütte three-quarter plate with stripe finish, skeletonized rotor with 21-ct gold oscillation weight, swan-neck fine adjustment.

PanoMaticLunar XL - Less is more

A statement of principle: less is more. Minimalism. Modern design. Function takes on form, and color is transformed into a subtle range of grays. The PanoMaticLunar XL. The quintessential understatement.

The PanoMaticLunar XL presents the classic lines and look of the PanoMatic XL models in an understated, eloquent form. Set within the galvanized matt gray dial are the characteristic off-center hour/minute and subsidiary seconds dials, finely milled and galvanized in the same dark gray hue. The elegant moon phase display presents a shining silver moon and stars against a fine-grained silver sky.

4310914405_fa6f88082e_o.jpg

Applied white gold Arabic numerals indicating hour 12 are framed by white gold hour markers and white gold hour, minute and seconds hands. Enhancing the minimalist design is the visually compelling panorama date display, whose white numerals on a dark gray ground present the date without the need for a double window. The 42 mm stainless steel case offers both polished and satin-finished surfaces and is held securely in place by a finely-worked gray alligator strap.

4311651356_664bdc2799_o.jpg

At the heart of the new PanoMaticLunar XL is the Caliber 90-02 automatic movement with its eccentric positioned and skeletonized rotor. Its finely finished elements, the three-quarter plate, Duplex swan-neck fine adjustment, Glashütte ribbing and sunburst decoration, characteristic of the fine art of mechanical watch making at Glashütte Original, are clearly visible through a sapphire crystal case back.

PanoMaticLunar XL

Technical Data Sheet

References: 90-02-36-12-05

Case Diameter: 42 mm

Height: 12.5 mm

Case Material: Stainless steel

Waterproof up to: 3 ATM

Glass: Sapphire crystal, on both sides anti-reflective

Bottom: Sapphire crystal, inside anti-reflective

Movement: Calibre 90-02

Dimensions: Diameter: 32.6 mm, Height: 7 mm

Balance: screw balance with 18 weighted gold screws

Oscillating frequency: 28.800 A/h

Power reserve: 42 hours (+/- 5%)

Balance spring: flat spring

Shock protection: Incabloc

Additional details: Automatic movement, dial grey, hour, minute and small second decentralized, panorama date,

moon phase silver/silver, second stop, exquisitely finished movement, polished steel parts, beveled edges, blued screws,

Glashütte three-quarter plate with stripe finish, balance bridge hand-engraved, eccentric positioned and skeletonized

rotor with Glashütte stripe finish, rotor with 21-ct gold oscillation weight, Duplex swan-neck fine adjustment

dingle

very nice. I'm sure AT will love these. :)

greg_r

I really gotta get me a Senator Sixties at some point... A friend of mine is out in China atm and I asked him to pick me one up from his 'contact' (he's brought me back some good watches in the past - including the BR02 that Sconey keeps trying to get me to sell). What did he buy? A Rolex GMTII Pro Hunter :)

*wanders off muttering "you can't get the staff these days......*

PCSAM

nice watches very nice ................... are or any reps as good ?

greg_r
nice watches very nice ................... are or any reps as good ?

the rep senator sixties (standard one, not the big date as above) is pretty good - especially for a cheapie.

Uhren

Nice watches, I didn't konw the brand even!

AustinTech
very nice. I'm sure AT will love these. :)

Well damn, somehow I missed this post originally.

Those watches are SICK. I love the first one the most. Glashutte nails the 60s design.

I need to get rich, quick.

greg_r

There's an excellent rep of the standard Senator Sixties (the one without the big date feature). Inexpensive too..

Member X

I'l try to do a review thread of the two I got off robert last week :coffee2:

Check the pics in his forum thread!

AndrewR

The watches of my dream! How and could I purchase them? are there any reps or - better - homage?

greg_r

Welcome to the board, Andrew! :thumbsup:

There's a good rep of the standard senator sixties available (not the big date version but the standard one is nice too). Quite inexpensive too. Any of our recommended replica dealers should be able to supply. :P

cybee

Those are awesome looking, or as AT says, sick. :thumbsup:

aneki

Impressive.

sconehead

...agreed, not usually my style.... but classic and uncluttered...hmmmm...

onzenuub

Still wondering what your style is exactly :thumbsup:

sconehead

Still wondering what your style is exactly :thumbsup:

English gentleman of course....:P