Sign in to follow this  
devedander

Fixing crooked sosf?

devedander

so my sosf seems to have a everything missaligned... if you look at 12 you can see the bezel mark sits right of the chapter ring and dial markers also the date is already a bit high.. my assumption is that if this an be fixed t will invole rotating all the guts cw a bit... before cracking tha case and tinkering i was hoping someone could give me some advice on what im up against. is this soething that sould be fixable? anyone know if the chapter ring in these is post or just pressure fit? thanks... i just dont want it all open in pieces while waiting for an answer so thought id ask first... best to be prepared i would think...

ueugP.jpg

Edited by devedander

Balad1

Unless you've worked on reps before I would forget DIY and send it to a trusted RWG repairer.

A little more information on the rep, movement and history might help with the answers you'll receive.

devedander

Unless you've worked on reps before I would forget DIY and send it to a trusted RWG repairer.

A little more information on the rep, movement and history might help with the answers you'll receive.

its new asian eta came this way from mr.

would prefer to diy have don esome minor rep work before like swapping a movement but noit great by any means.

10:10 Watch Repair

it has pins

Dendo

Nothing minor about swapping a movement - that can be a lot of fun - I know you can break off the pins easily - I did it accidentally on one of these - so maybe you can then rotate and glue.

If it was me - I would just open it up - loosen the movt holders slightly - rotate slightly and tighten up and close - and live with it.

Good luck mate and welcome!

devedander

Nothing minor about swapping a movement - that can be a lot of fun - I know you can break off the pins easily - I did it accidentally on one of these - so maybe you can then rotate and glue.

If it was me - I would just open it up - loosen the movt holders slightly - rotate slightly and tighten up and close - and live with it.

thats what i was hoping to do... so are the chapter ring pins pinned into the movement or dial or both do you know? thanks for the input all

Edited by devedander

thats what i was hoping to do... so are the chapter ring pins pinned into the movement or dial or both do you know? thanks for the input all!

Just the dial

devedander

thanks! gave it a shot. opened up the back loosened the holder screws rotated a bit and tightened... looks pretty good now. i do think the stem might be touching the tube now but still winds smooth and all postions work so i am guessing worst that will do is wear down the thread on the stem where its not used anyway... i hope?

Edited by devedander

Cynikal.Mindset

the dial is/was centred in your original pic, the bezel was not...datewheel looked more than acceptable and if you wanted to adjust that rotating the movement isn't the way to go. The bezel on this model is known to be off by one click or so in most cases.

devedander

the date wheel was acceptable but the reason I mentioned it was that it meant rotating the dial and chapter ring alone wasnt going to work as it would make the date REALLY high. I wasn't trying to fix the date wheel, just not make it worse in the process...

Do you have any suggestions for a better way to get the bezel and dial ligned up than rotating the movement?

Do you have any suggestions for a better way to get the bezel and dial ligned up than rotating the movement?

Prozac

P4GTR

sounds like what you did was the best solution judging by the pics. Lets see how it looks now?

devedander

sounds like what you did was the best solution judging by the pics. Lets see how it looks now?

it actually was more pronounceon the wrist...

Before 7Q4t3.jpg?2ueugP.jpg

After

Qf8nb.jpggkAV2.jpg

Edited by devedander

devedander

Prozac

I woulda but the P wasn't printed on the pill straight :P

Prozac

:lol: I get them sometimes when I have to send them back because even under a stereo microscope, I can't find the problem. Sometimes when receiving the watch back, the owner can't find the problem anymore either.

devedander

Prozac

:lol: I get them sometimes when I have to send them back because even under a stereo microscope, I can't find the problem. Sometimes when receiving the watch back, the owner can't find the problem anymore either.

Nah, that's just how good you are.. You fixed it by looking at it hard!