Sign in to follow this  
Burnleybezel

TAG Heuer Link Calibre 16 Chronograph, Wrong hands?

Burnleybezel

Hi Guys just some advice,

After the great Review by Scavenger about the TAG Heuer Link Calibre 16 Chronograph I decided I wanted one, so I ordered one from WI.

Earlier today I received the Q.C Pictures, I was surprised to see that the Hands are black and not Sliver, like Scavenegers, after a quick search of the Web I could not see a black hand version of this Watch, I've asked WI if they can get me a silver Hand version.

Does anyone know if a black hand version exists, or this is just a fantasy hand version of the watch, since I want the watch to look Gen like.

The watch it's self looks OK, but with the wrong colour hands. I also noticed the back clasp is not the TAG Heuer motief, but a sybol unlike Scavengers pictures. Is there a new model now out? Constructive feedback very welcome.

IMG_5358.jpg

IMG_5357.jpg

IMG_5356.jpg

IMG_5360.jpg

01Banner_1_zpsfd6911e9.jpg

http://www.rwg.bz/bo...showtopic=36534

B.B

Edited by Burnleybezel

rhounsell

Are you certain this isn't just a case of lighting?

Meaning, do the hands just look black because of the angle of the photo but are actually silver.

You can see an example of this in your first pic where the markers at the 2 and 4 position are clearly silver where the markers at 8 and 10 appear black but are not obviously.

Did Mary/Rochest actually tell you they were black (or PVD I guess)?

vonGluberschmidt

lighting +1.

Burnleybezel

Ok guys, that makes me feel a lot better, the watch looks great but for the hands, and like you say it's going to be the lighting,

B.B

tsomers

I think the watch looks great. The only real tell is the logo on clasp, like you noted.

callsign21a

Hi there I believe we are looking at two different Calibre 16's. In Scavenger's review the 9 o'clock subdial super-imposes on the other two subdials and the small hands are white. Go too Asiakrono site and the tag calibre 16 there the 9 o'clock subdial does not overlap and small hands are dark !!!

Therefore i think two different reps............Going on from that I have just ordered and paid for a 16 from Mary/Rochest BEFORE I read this post.

What would be the correct protocol in this case .........e-mail WI show them both photos and hi-light which rep I require before the order goes in ( if it hasn't) already. Would be grateful for advice on this one

Cheers

callsign21a

sorry I dont know how to add photos otherwise would have done so.

Cheers

Non photo adding geek.

Chr1st0c

I am sorry but there is no way that its a lighting issue .....

The two watches are completely diferent .... Look at the dials .... Scav's watch has the vertical pin stipe on the dial and the watch in the QC pic is totaly diferent. Where is the silver ring around the subdial at 9 position? Lighting ???? The TAG insignia is painted/printed onto the dial and not "stuck" like on Scav's watch. Not to mention the insignia on the bracelet ....

Personally I like the Scav's watch more .....

I was about to get one like this from Mary.... But I dont want the one with black hands .... The silver looks much better

Just my HO!

Luthier

How about just ask Mary about hands?

Chavezzito

IMG_5356.jpg

01Banner_1_zpsfd6911e9.jpg

To me these are 2 different watches, one says Calibre 16 the other not, one says automatic and 200 meters and the other not.

onionbag

Whilst these are, in fact, two different watches..................I'm 99.9% sure that the watch in the QC pics does not have black hands, they are silvered and this is simply a (to shoehorn in a song by The Who) trick of the light..............

Gen.

link_CJF2114.BA0594.JPG

kieron1968

Whilst these are, in fact, two different watches..................I'm 99.9% sure that the watch in the QC pics does not have black hands, they are silvered and this is simply a (to shoehorn in a song by The Who) trick of the light..............

Gen.

link_CJF2114.BA0594.JPG

Deffo the hands are silver. It was the same on a watch I have a few months ago from Mary. send WI a quick email to double check.

scavenger

Firstly, the hands in the OP's photos are not black. They are silver but are polished to a mirror finish which reflect the background against which the photos are taken. And as we can all tell from the QC photos, WI uses a black background.

Second, this is not the same watch. The QC photos sent to the OP are of the older, superseded model (and not a fantasy watch). A fantastic review done by the legend himself, By-Tor, is available here: http://www.rwg.cc/to...ronograph-7750/

TAG refreshed the Link line in 2011 and brought out new models with various changes. Particularly around this model (the Calibre 16 Chronograph), some changes include a redesigned 2-part bezel (very subtly different to the previous model's traditional circular tachy bezel), a vertically streaked/textured dial, and most noticeably a reworked bracelet with flatter, squarer S-links. The subdials have also been altered and now overlap with the oversized seconds @ 9. I think I called out in my review the fact that only the seconds @ 9 subdial was given a polished outer ring.

More information around the 2011 Link refresh can be found here and here.

If I were to be asked to compare the two watches (i.e. the older model and the one I reviewed and currently have), I'd say that I would have been happy to have either (or both!) of them. The rep of the older model has a more accurate crown compared to the rep of the new one. I also think I prefer the older style links on the bracelet which are more rounded and hence more distinctive on the wrist than the new flatter links. On the other hand, I do like the new dial face better.

So again, I'd have been happy with either or both of these watches. The real question is: which one do you prefer?

Scav.

Edited by scavenger

popspacket

Please respond if you hear anything back from Mary on the arms. I'm about to order a Link Calibre 16 and don't want to barrage her with a ton of questions about the color of the arms. Thanks. :chatty:

Heisenberg

Two different watches. When I ordered my calibre 16 I sent a pic from Scavenger's post to Mary as I was worried it might be confused with the watch pictured first.

Burnleybezel

Hi Guys, I did indeed order the wrong watch, I still like it, but my fault for not being exact enough.

WI can get the newer version its $345, the older version is cheaper at $258. The pics are defo black becasue of the black background. The watch is currently in transit via EMS.

I will post pix once it arrives.

B.B

Loonie

Here is my link, hands do look greyish in pic, though they are silver in real life...

I preferred a slimmer case, so chose this over the calibre 16.

8193560276_1626f9f6d9_b.jpg

scavenger

The older Link is still a cracker of a watch - Loonie's pic proves it!

And it's cheaper to boot too! Can't wait to see the ones from ssandison and Burnleybezel. Post wrist shots.

razorblade

Its just the lighting, they're silver hands as per gen!

Burnleybezel
The older Link is still a cracker of a watch - Loonie's pic proves it!

And it's cheaper to boot too! Can't wait to see the ones from ssandison and Burnleybezel. Post wrist shots.

Hi Scav,

Yes the Link is in transit, although handed over to Chinese customs?

I've not seen that before on my tracking. Providing all is well I will post pics when it arrives.

B.B

Burnleybezel

The Link has arrived just a couple of shots, I just sized it which was interesting becasue of the design of the bracelet.

Heres some pix..

003-1.jpg

004-1.jpg

005-2.jpg

006-1.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

B.B

scavenger

Silver hands - YAY!!

Looking really good on you, BB!