Sign in to follow this  
nickmobile67

Replica Speedmaster review

nickmobile67

I'm new to the forum, I signed up because I was nervous about purchasing this. I got it from www.buyreplicawatchesus.com I'm having mixed feelings. I paid extra for the one with a Lemania movement, though the dial doesn't match the pic, and the back doesn't have a visible movement like the Lemania pictured on their site. In fact, it doesn't identically match any of the photos on their site. I guess that shouldn't be a big surprise. I emailed them twice and never got a response, I'm not holding my breath. The chronograph and all of the dials function, which was important to me. The band is nice, however it's engraved Seamaster instead of Speedmaster. The buttons aren't as smooth as my genuine Seiko chrono I usually wear daily, and you do have to unscrew the crown to pull the stem which is a nice touch. Overall it does have a nice weight to it. I think I'd be upset if I paid any more than the $150 for it, but overall it seems decent. I'm fortunate I didn't get burned and wish I was on here before I bought! Anyway, picture for the curious, I'll post more if desired: http://imgur.com/c190a

Loonie

Nice review?

Pics of the caseback?

Luthier
:picard:

jeffw69

OMFG!!!!

houndoggie

fantasy speedmaster

looks to be a quartz rep by subdial placement.

gen speedmaster professional are not screw down crowns nor is the omega logo on the dial silver or applied.

It's a $50 cheapie.

lesson learned. now learn the true power of the replica side!

Del

Looks like you've been scammed mate, but unlike many you actually received a watch, even although it isn't what you thought you were buying.

Anyway, glad you've found us now - you'll be blown away by the quality of the reps here. ;)

robznet

+100 Del - learn he must! :spank:

Luthier

Fakiest fake I've ever seen.

onzenuub

No good, no swiss AAAA++++

Luthier

But they have moustaches, and accept Mastercard!!!

onzenuub

But they have moustaches, and accept Mastercard!!!

Tssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssk, how do you know?

Lokin

$150 here will get you a whole lot more than that.

nickmobile67

Sigh, now I'm feeling worse about it haha.Here is the back side, which leaves a lot to be desired http://imgur.com/K0BsV I wouldn't mind giving it another go with someone recommended on here. I've been looking through the trusted dealers list trying to find a visible back automatic.

Edited by nickmobile67

nickmobile67

So I've decided, rather than spend $300 on a decent replica and wind up with around $500 in these, I'll pony up the extra money and keep a look out for a genuine. If anyone is interested in this one send me a pm I'll let it go cheap. Thanks all!

ReplicaFromDownunder

With the old Michael Schumacher caseback. lol. Got this similiar quality fakey in thailand 10 years ago for $30.00US

BluffCityBandit

So I've decided, rather than spend $300 on a decent replica and wind up with around $500 in these, I'll pony up the extra money and keep a look out for a genuine. If anyone is interested in this one send me a pm I'll let it go cheap. Thanks all!

Tough luck, man. In the same boat myself. Unfortunately, there is likely no speedy rep that will satisfy - even ones "better" than the one you got.

Gen lists pretty reasonable on timezone and WUS every once in a while, especially if you're not super picky on condition (a beater can go as low as $1500 or so).