Sign in to follow this  
KrakDrazh

Feel like an introduction is in it's place!

KrakDrazh

I have browsed so many forums over the years and mostly just had a peek and then continued. After reading most of the threads I've found on RWG and had an orgy of beautiful pictures I have decided to try to make a home for me on this page.

I was reading "Phoband's Thoughts On The Forum And Collecting", and i could really see myself as that kid in the candystore! In the past I have bought my reps myself and through a friend that had some dealers he visited in Singapore and China. At the start i bought heaps of shit watches, but learned from each clock i got. Now when getting older the quality and feel of the watch is much more important, since there is atleast a couple of persons in the bussinessmeetings I attend that have the gen watches, so haveing a rep Rolex or Breitling that scream FAKE! isn't an option.

What kind of watches get my heart pumping then? All of them! :cheerleader2:

What I'm looking for in a watch is models that is not the ones commonly bought as reps in Sweden (so no rolex or breitling), and after that I should be able to wear it with a suit, but it need something that make it POP to get the heart really ticking. I always pick the watch for the day to compliment the clothes im wearing, it really make the outfit and my whole appearence congruent. IWC, JL, Tag Heur and AP is some of the brands i really like.

So my problem since a time ago is that i can't feel and look at the rep in person before buying, pictures might be great but if it feels cheap in person I wont wear it. For me it's not about owning a IWC or AP, it's about owning a beautiful watch! Hell I don't care it's a rep, as long as it's a beautiful watch with nice details, great build, that i get that warm feeling just holding in my hand.

So great forum members, what is the models that you have bought over the years from the TD:s that you are the most proud of and feel is a great rep?!

dalboy

Wow..!!

A very nice introduction...welcome to the forum..

Dal..

@pbrt

I can see ya..!! get on with your exams.. :giggle:

hnic

welcome

read and learn

great place

gonna cost you big money

nice introduction

WebWind

Hello and welcome to RWG. :)

arancini

Here are a few of my Reps. of choice:

IWC Top Gun:

IWCtopgunchrono.jpg

PAM 111 Noob v3

PAM1113900.jpg

PAM 127 Noob

pam127.jpg

Edited by arancini

KrakDrazh

I like the Top Gun, thanks for sharing!

The pam's sometimes look a bit big on my tiny arms, 40-43 is the size for me. But i still like bigass watches like hublot.

onionbag

Hello and welcome. :)

I'd advise you have a look through last weeks wrist check thread http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=36137

A broad selection of watches is available there.

YoungGPS
animierte-gifs-image_welcome_spinning.gif

BluffCityBandit

IWC 3717, Tag Day Date Calibre 16, and you didnt list Omega but the 42mm Planet Ocean is one of the best reps around. All 3 will look and feel a whole lot like gen.

I'd give these a hard look... also the IWC portofino has some newer reps that look good but not many reviews out there.

good luck trying not to buy them all!

shynetheboss

Hey man, i'm new too, very nice to see we both joined within a few minutes of each other! Where are ya from? Also, i very much like and relate to what you said about it not being about brands, but mainly about owning a NICE watch! A great build, with high quality case and well detailed dial is exactly what I am after too! Good luck with your hunting, and enjoy them all!

KrakDrazh

BluffCityBandit: Great advice, thanks alot!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

shynetheboss: From Sweden, Stockholm.

Edited by KrakDrazh

onzenuub

Welcome.

jeffw69

What's this about?

Pihlippe

Velkommen til RWG

Hold on to your CC. :)

Some of my favs..

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0038.jpg

IMG_0657.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

IMG_1070.jpg

KrakDrazh

Bluesman: Love that chess hublot with orange! Thanks for sharing pictures! :thumbsup: