Sign in to follow this  
tbuttery

New AP Diver V3

tbuttery

Hey All!!

I've already posted about both watches I received, but thought I would talk a little more about the Diver in its respective place. So just yesterday I received an AP Diver V3 from Rochest. And yes I know, this watch is very hard to find, but he was able to find it for me with the SW200 movement in it. I just wanted to give a small review on this watch.

Movement: Like said it's a SW200 movement. Now I know some people are going to disagree with me, but it definitely seems "smoother" than the other watches I have that beat at 28800. I know, I know, they all are 28800 so they should theoretically look the same. But it looks good. Also opened up the back, something I do with all new watches, and it is a good looking movement. Polished nicely and no grease marks or other residues!

Dial: So I have looked at many pictures of the gen Diver, and this thing looks amazing. Very little if anything to tell apart from the gen. And that one thing is the cyclops. It has a blue AR tint to it as were the gen is a colorless cyclops. One of those is in order to be purchased. Hands look great, and are nice and polished. Another point to make is the lume on this watch. Compared to my "superlumed" watches, it isn't as bright, but it definitely has some light to it!

APDiverLume.jpg

Now that's only with a short exposure to light.

Case: Great in my opinion! Has that brushed look to it, and the polished bezel screws are a great contrast. They are also ever so slightly sunken into the bezel as per gen! Unfortunately they aren't white gold ;). The case back has the same textured finish as the gen and the words are spelled correctly. Definitely a plus!

APDiver_2.jpg

APDiverBack.jpg

Strap: The last quick bit to this "review". The strap seems to be of excellent quality. It is a nice heavy duty textured strap. Cant say much about the gen strap but I have heard it is very similar. The buckle is also very nice. Great AP logo engraved. I am very excited to see what this watch looks like on Serge's straps he is making for me!

Overall this watch is superb. Not only was Rochest able to find it for me when no one else could, but it far exceeded my expectations. Definitely seems like its the closest 1:1 rep out there. Gets my vote for best rep of the year!!

One last pic! Enjoy!

APDiverFace.jpg

TB

ad6904

Nice review and nice watch mate. congrats

UmpaHimself

Movement: Like said it's a SW200 movement. Now I know some people are going to disagree with me, but it definitely seems "smoother" than the other watches I have that beat at 28800. I know, I know, they all are 28800 so they should theoretically look the same.

I don't disagree with you. I don't own a watch with that movement but from what I understand the SW200 is arguably the best movement available in repdom, mainly because of it's accessibility. Comparable to a guaranteed new Swiss ETA 2836.

Strap: The last quick bit to this "review". The strap seems to be of excellent quality. It is a nice heavy duty textured strap. Cant say much about the gen strap but I have heard it is very similar.

I agree. Have never touched the gen but this strap is awesome and the only thing that will ever touch the face of my AP Diver ;)

Realism

the SW200 is the ETA 2836... Sellita used to sub-contract to produce the ETA 2836 before the patent expired... basically an ETA with 1 extra jewel

tbuttery

Yes I agree with you realism, but it definitely seems smoother. I starred at my milguass and this watch and could see that the SW200 was smoother. Maybe my eyes were playing tricks, but i didn't think so!

Rogerthat

Smoother in this case may be less gen like

Gen is low beat while all reps are high beat

Better than the other way around I guess

Amazing rep

Bigcrown is having colorless ar cyclops made which will be a worthwhile mod for all owners

That is definitely the one thing that bugs most everyone

tbuttery

Yes I realize that the gen is 21600. If there was a rep with it I would have gotten that instead!

I will be getting that cyclops fo sho!!

ad6904
Yes I realize that the gen is 21600. If there was a rep with it I would have gotten that instead!

I will be getting that cyclops fo sho!!

Personally I don't really care that gen is low beat. Nothing beats a butter smooth sweep

tbuttery

ad6904: Totally agree!

hnic

im all about breitling but this could be on my wishlist

amazing watch!

nice post

tbuttery

hnic: Should be! Looks great on the wrist. Already got a few compliments from friends!

aksingh

Best rep of all time imho in build quality and gen feel considering its such an expensive gen.

edgematic

congrats on this beauty!

tbuttery

Thanks All! It is such a great watch. Glad I ordered at the right time too! ;) Haven't been able to take it off for the past few days now!

edgematic

and the next few months ;):)

tbuttery

For sure! Especially if I end up getting the colorless cyclops. Then I wouldn't be able to find anything wrong with it!

Nilas

Really nice. Must have one.

Pmcclean18

Nice review. Mine is only a plane over china as we speak. Same spec, same dealer. Update us about the colourless AR cyclis when you get it. Could be interested in doing the same.

taukappaepsilon

Very good choice. I also have a swiss diver. Some people say its a waste of money to buy the swiss but I find myself being more comfortable with the swiss rather than asian.