Sign in to follow this  
xbb

Hi from Australia

xbb

Stumbled across your board while doing some basic research on rep watches. Have a great feel that I'm in the right place for what I'm after.

Been interested in a rep watch for all of 2 days now so I suppose I'm a super noob. Started out on google and it became pretty obvious after a short time that all the sites I was looking at were very dodgy. So I started looking for reviews of places that sell rep watches and it was even more obvious that it was going to be almost impossible to locate any reliable info. Just about to give up on the whole thing and found my way here by accident.

What a great site. I'm looking for just enough info to buy a nice watch with a reasonable chance it will show up and work after opening the box.

So the most useful things on this site for me will be the trusted dealers list and a few of the basic noob pages. The info on movements is really great I find myself getting drawn back to a Rolex Milgauss with a green thingy.

So for now it's about a lot more reading and hopefully a nice watch buy not long off.

Cheers

Philip

Balad1

Welcome, you found the right forum.

olly593

Welcome from the UK, your in the right place

Crusader

Austria! Well, then. G'day mate! Let's put another shrimp on the barbie!

:lol:

Welcome, have a look around and read the noob-info, lots of usefull posts :)

dalboy

Welcome to the forum..

Nice to have you with us...." Rippa "

Glad to see you have started on the right foot, nice intro and reading plenty..the way to go....good luck..

Dal............

Mystery Shopper

G'day, plenty to choose from. Have a read through the trusted dealer feedback.

DSCN5966.jpg

greg_r

Welcome! You'll find plenty of fellow Aussies here, so make yourself comfortable! :D

offshore

G'day mate,

Where are you from?

Me Gold Coast.

As G said, plenty of Oz from all over here., in fact we have a big GTG in Sydney next Feb, if you can hack a day and night of over consumption! :)

Offshore

YoungGPS

animierte-gifs-image_welcome_spinning.gif

Happy hunting with the TD's!

ad6904

Welcome mate, good to have another strayan on board

xbb

Thanks for the greetings cobbers.

Been going a bit overboard looking at all the Milguass options on all the TD posts and sites. Need to give it a break for a day or two, information overload. And having to check out the info posts on watch basics every time a new term is mentioned. I been talking the lingo up big at work and they all think I'm a watch expert now. Been at it for all of 3 days lol.

I think I know what I'm after, black dial, a better movement than the 21j, can't decide between Asian ETA or Swiss, and not sure if it matters. What I really want though is the saphire glass where it shows green if seen on an angle, hard to tell if this is included on some of the TD pics I've looked at, especially the more expensive ones.

So I'm sort of going in circles just now. Plus I get sidetracked all the time with all the other beautiful watches on here. Perhaps 1 isn't enough, maybe I need 10 watches to get through the next year or so, or will 10 really be enough?

BTW, someone asked where in OZ. I'm a Canberra man!!!!

Philip

Electron17

Hello and welcome from South Africa. Yes you have found the right place, read lots and stick to the trusted dealers and you won't go wrong. Excellent service from the TD's here.

Regards,

Jan

yawn

Greeting from Adelaide :)

James.

Canberra? Commiserations.

Well, at least you've found RWG now.

Check out the links in my sig :thumbsup:

xbb

Hey Semaj

Checked out your sig links. OMG what a fantastic collection you have. I am amassed that for the first 49 years of my life I've never really given two thoughts to watches. After 4 days on this site I am becoming obsessed.

I've gotten a bit sidetracked on my Milguass search. Every time I see a different feature mentioned I have to find out if all the ones ive been looking at have that or if it is just something that one dealer has listed and the others havnt. The latest example of this is super lume. It is mentioned only on the Trusty Time site which I got to from a link in a RWG post. Now I realize that they are Not a

TD and after all the mentions about sticking to TD's I can't see how I can go down that track. I think I'm probably looking at the exact same watch over and over on all the different sites.

Anyway it's proving to be fun. Might see you at the piss up at Darling Harbour in Feb. Have to get a watch first though.

watch204

Bonjour and Welcome!