Sign in to follow this  
justicepool

Hello, new to the forum from Texas

justicepool

Hello,

New to the forum and to the world of Replica watches. Looking forward to learning more.

I do have a few questions based on what I have read and looked at on various web sites.

First, there is an increase in price based on the movement in the watch. Seems that Swiss is the most expensive. Is this supposed to be higher quality than the asian movement? Better components? The same watch can range from 118 all the way up to 388 on one web site based on the different movement in the watch.

I assume the remaining components of the watch are likely the same (bezel, dial, band) regardless of the movement in the watch?

Here is an example of what I am talking about:

$128 Asian

http://www.ttw168.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_7&products_id=9957

$358 Swiss ETA2836-2

http://www.ttw168.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_7&products_id=9958

$508 Swiss ETA2836-2 and ??

http://www.ttw168.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_7&products_id=1234

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

John

dustlove

Welcome to rwg! I wouldn't buy from the web site you posted stick with the trusted dealers on here. To answer your question, yes the movement makes a huge difference in the cost. Do some research before dropping big money on anything. If your patient there are many deals to be had. I have had the best luck with Mary and Rochest at watch international. GL and happy thanksgiving

Edited by dustlove

justicepool

Thanks for the reply. That web site is from a "trusted" dealer on www.rwg.cc I think. Andrew is what most people refer to him as.

Soopah Spy

Movements are normally the biggest factor, followed by materials, fit and finish, material of the crystal, band/bracelet/strap quality, waterproofing, etc. There can be a lot of variation. Swiss movements are normally the best quality, but there are some Asian movements that are getting closer these days. The polish, fit and finish of the components is normally the difference in movements. Best advice, stick to the 'Trusted Dealers' you'll find listed here, as they have been vetted through hundreds (if not thousands) of transactions as being reliable, and carrying good quality stuff. Welcome to your new addiction! :D

BigBuys

Hello John and greetings from Tennessee and Texas, but in Tennessee this day. Glad you found us and glad that you have started reading. You are asking the right questions but we are reticent to spoon feed answers to new members.

The models that you listed both claim supremacy but notice that the issue date at the bottom of the page are vastly different on the Swiss models. The first model has a 2813 or commonly called a generic 21j Asian movement. Some of these are great timekeepers and some have extremely high failure rates.

I will just say that on the upper end of that price range you will find two or three better choices out there, but my vote goes to the TC version. Of course the Swiss movements are the finest mechanical movements available but the Asian copies of those movements are much better than past copies. Please read about ETA movements to help you understand the descriptions of the Swiss, and the Asian movements.

Your last question about all of them being of the same quality level, the answer is that sometimes yes and sometimes no. I know you love that answer.

Also, the dealer you list is mentioned on our TD list, but IS NOT A TD. Andrew has sold a blue million watches and is a well known entity. The difference is that our MODS actively monitor sales problems that might come up with our TD list. That is a huge benefit.