Sign in to follow this  
BaggyPants

Hello from sunny Yorkshire!

BaggyPants

Hi chaps.

Names Bryn, and I got into these little beauties about six months ago with the purchase of a nice but cheap Rolex 5513 lookalike. I'm seeking advice on a reputable dealer who can supply me with a correct looking Omega Planet Ocean in either 42 or 45.5 mm case, with steel bracelet. Black dial and bezel, with standard white (?) markings. I have bought two 45mm ones which are completely the wrong shape and have a 20mm strap instead of the 22mm it should be, despite the dealers assurances that they would send what I wanted. If anyone has a heads up as to who to contact, I would be most grateful. Times are hard, so I'm looking at a budget of about £100ish including shipping.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

Bryn

jeffw69

Welcome.

All I can say is do some reading, all your questions have been answered countless times before.

BaggyPants

Cheers, Jeff, I'm wading through the threads now :)

Corv99

Cheers, Jeff, I'm wading through the threads now :)

Hey BG

also check out the useful threads bit on home page...

by the way my Nephew and brother in law are called bryn! only ones I have ever come across

anyway welcome mate, you maybe on here for PO, but count on being broke as thats only the start!

jeffw69

"Count on being broke". So true!

graham47

Ey up Baggy, nice to have a fellow Yorkie on here!!

BadPickle

Welcome fellow tyke!!!!

EDC2637B-77B8-4513-9E80-1A5135DB0D31-211-0000043ADB1F0513.jpg

And a big. "By eck" from me.

Get a comfy chair and do plenty reading. An be prepared to be skint mate!!!

PetshaFey

Welcome, the only advice I can give you is "watch" yourself... heheh

onionbag

Hello and welcome. :)

Any of the dealers can supply a nice PO within your budget, have a look thru' the dealers offerings and pick one that fits your budget, then send a couple of them an email to enquire about availability. Don't forget to factor in shipping costs.

Good luck.

greg_r

Welcome, mate!

Best thing to do is pull up a chair and do some reading. Lots of stuff worth knowing. Once you're up to speed, your best approach is to send a photo of what you want to one of the trusted dealers (I'd start with Marvellous Replica) and they'll see whether they can offer you something suitable.

BaggyPants

Thank you for the welcome. I've learnt more in the last hour than in the whole of the last six months. Had I known about this forum back the, I would have saved a lot of agro and a bit of money too :)

scorpion

G'day Mate, Huan Ying, Velkommen, Welkom, Bienvenue, Willkommen, Benvenuto, Dzieñ Dobry, Dobrodošao, Vítejte, Bonvenon, Tervetuloa, Accueil, Fogadtatás, Velkomin, Selamat Datang, Powitanie, Bem-vindo, Välkommen and Welcome.

My advice is to leave here right now, dont look back just go away and forget you ever found this site.................

Or get your wallet ready for a serious spending spree!!!!!!

BaggyPants

I have my fair share of other daft hobbies, so I know what you mean :)

vvilly69

Welcome Bryn, you've found the right place I think. I'm new myself and have been amazed by the level of info on this site.

Good luck when you make that purchase.

Burnleybezel

Welcome fellow tyke!!!!

And a big. "By eck" from me.

Get a comfy chair and do plenty reading. An be prepared to be skint mate!!!

This place is full of "Tykes!"

Welcome mate, you can try Reg "Narikaa" one of our Trusted Dealers, he's UK based and sells a lot of the more budget Reps.

I've bought 5 Watches from him he may be the way to go for you send him a PM...

B.B

BaggyPants

G'day Mate, Huan Ying, Velkommen, Welkom, Bienvenue, Willkommen, Benvenuto, Dzieñ Dobry, Dobrodošao, Vítejte, Bonvenon, Tervetuloa, Accueil, Fogadtatás, Velkomin, Selamat Datang, Powitanie, Bem-vindo, Välkommen and Welcome.

My advice is to leave here right now, dont look back just go away and forget you ever found this site.................

Holy shit, my wallet wishes I'd listened to that advice! Two in the post and I'm now jonesing after another from Reg before they've even got here :help3:

BadPickle

Holy shit, my wallet wishes I'd listened to that advice! Two in the post and I'm now jonesing after another from Reg before they've even got here :help3:

You got it bad now mate!!! Trawling the net for watches and posting on here in the small hours!!

Welcome to MY world!!

Don't forget to post pics!!!

oscarmadfish

and of course you will need an RWG watch = i live in York mate

BadPickle

and of course you will need an RWG watch = i live in York mate

Too late for the OOE club tho. 7F213EDF-8568-41B4-B25B-68F4A2D4E3B4-3870-00000566BABEFA38.jpg

fellowsis

Welcome Reg!

As stated before, try Reg, he has some 45mm PO's in atm, that'll be reasonably priced. Also Mary and Rochest have the 42 PO in their special deals thread at WI. Check those, ordered one myself, just waiting on it to come.

Enjoy your stay Mate!