Sign in to follow this  
spiltyu

Breitling Avenger Seawolf... just got it

spiltyu

Hi All,

I am a Breitling fan and I know there are many reviews of the Avenger Seawolf on this site and some of you may get bored of those but I would like to post one more review since I just got mine. I hope some, who are thinking about going for the SA, find this useful. I am not a native English so apologize for my mistakes.

First of all I would like to say I am not that new to rep's. I am having some moderately expensive gen watches and some Asian 21J craps. While I was searching this site I found Del's section who is, among others, a Breitling rep expert. His amazing pictures of his watches got me started thinking of buying some expensive Breitling rep.

Since I wanted it for every day use I did not want to go for a chrono watch because most of them built using some Asian 7750 movement that I wanted to avoid. Quite complicated movement, no spare parts available so even if the dealer offers guarantee you have to send it back to the other end of the world if something goes wrong. This would not work for me. I wanted some simple genuine swiss made movement like ETA 2836 or something.

Del assured me that the Avenger Seawolf V2 is one of the best Breitling rep's available right now. There were AS's available built with Swiss ETA so I decided to go for it.

I felt a little worried because of the bad experiences I had with the Asian 21J rep's. Loose or falling hands, misaligned small parts, poor assembly, hair inside the movement and so on. Despite the above concernes I placed the order. I ordered it via Puretime by the way. Those guys are not TD's here. I chose a grey (graphite) dial model with rubber strap. After placing the order I felt being in doubt. What if the grey dial is a wrong decision? That looked a little pale either in the preview or the QC pics. It took 15 days to get the watch and...

It is difficult to describe the feeling I felt when I opened up the box. The appearance of this watch was just amazing. This rep surpassed all of my expectations. Everything was just perfect especially the grey dial. If I bought a new one I would go for the grey dial once again. Here are the pics:

SA01.jpg

SA02.jpg

SA09.jpg

SA08.jpg

The watch is flawless. Every single small detail is in the right place. The rubber strap is the best strap I have ever seen. It is thick, yet feels comfortable. The clasp is flawless too. Nothing is loose, everything is perfectly tight and aligned:

SA03.jpg

SA06.jpg

SA05.jpg

The rubber strap has to be cut to the proper length. One has to be careful while doing this so that cannot cut too mach... there is no way back. Just a little portion of the strap has to be cut at a time and try it on. It is possible to fine adjust the length of the strap by pushing the engraved metal part of the clasp. It is tight too, clicks loud, works perfect providing about 7-8 mm of extra length for fine adjustment.

SA04.jpg

SA07.jpg

Despite the rubber strap the watch feels heavy. If it were on stainless steel bracelet I would find it too heavy for my taste I am sure. But being on rubber it is just good for me. I would not want a heavier watch. As for the size its diameter is somewhere between 44-45 mm. It does not feel big for me but its thickness definitely feels:

SA11.jpg

SA10.jpg

It took some time for me to get accustomed to this thickness but now I love it. It just looks so impressive.

As for the accuracy. When I got the QC pics there was a picture of a watch testing machine with the watch on:

IMG_0368.JPG

It says the rate was 0 sec per day. I felt a bit sceptic. After a few days of constant usage I can say that the watch is running by -5 secs per day that's pretty good. Yeah, that is the Swiss movement. The only thing I am not 100% happy with is the lume. Not bad at all. Much better than my old Asian 21J watches but could be a little better.

The price was $379 + $55 for the postage. The guys at Puretime were so communicative, they replied all of my emails within 24 hrs. Overall they did a very good job. I hope this review helps a little for the ones who are thinking about this watch but still hesitate.

cvp3

Nice. Love the strap. I put one on my code yellow.

Corv99

looking good mate!

and welcome

Waipio Jeff

Nice review of a great timepiece.

ronin007

Great review,got the yellow one,the grey dial looks great,saw the same watch in the shop last night

hnic

my favorite rep by far!

nice review

ive got the grey version on ss

its big and indeed had to get used to the thickness

now i think my sosf v2 is too thin/small

my first impressions of the lume werent that great

but (i know this sounds strange) it seems like the lume got 'stronger'

the lume on my sosf might be better but its still great

only thing i have to do is have a waterproof test done

my sosf did pass the test to 10bars (without extra mods)

if its waterproof i might sell my steelfish because i just cant wear anything else since ive got it

i have tried on the gen and really didnt feel/see much difference

might have to try it on again now ive worn it for some time

ive got the grey version but last week i saw the black dial @ a dealer and liked that very much as well

again, great watch, super rep!!

enjoy and thanks for posting

mine says hello

1D62CECA-C49C-402C-9B36-2599C5EAD3D2-6770-00000528DA4B96A0.jpg

James.

These are great watches, by far my favourite Breitling.

subiim

I have the same. It's amazing

paule11

Beautiful and a great review

spiltyu

Thanks guys for the comments.

Nice. Love the strap. I put one on my code yellow.

Yeah, the strap is really a high end one... But it smells like some sweet candy or something. :) Does yours smell the same?

PAB

Vanilla, My grey dial Skyland smells like that too.

robznet

Great review mate - and some brilliant pics too! Welcome to the forum!

acanuck

Nice watch and great review. Thanks for sharing. Looking to get a Breitling rep and having a hard time deciding between this and the Avenger Skyland. Perhaps I need to get both ;) Hehe

Edited by acanuck

hnic
Nice watch and great review. Thanks for sharing. Looking to get a Breitling rep and having a hard time deciding between this and the Avenger Skyland. Perhaps I need to get both ;) Hehe

get both

but start with the seawolf

urth4

What a nice review and beautiful watch! Still waiting for mine to be my daily beater as well.. :drunksing:

hnic

does anybody know what just the strap costs?!

James.

depending upon dealer $60-90 usually. IMO it's much cheaper and easier to keep a peeled retina on m2m

spiltyu

Puretime, where I got mine from, sells the strap for $80.

ronin007

Toro sells them as well,85usd

ChuckG

Definitly a worthy one.

boneyjr

Congrats, my friend. Beautiful watch.

ImNotFatImFluffy

a Seawolf with Black dial is on my must have list, but i know that wont be for at least a few months.

hnic
Puretime, where I got mine from, sells the strap for $80.

thanks!

HeavyKrush

Fantastic watch! Wear in good health. Spot on to the gen.

93b96366e594e6ee2264a88b48eaae1e.jpg

kolchak

Great review & choice.

These newer breitling reps (and SOH v2) are some of the best examples this "hobby" has to offer. They're so good IMO > 95% of gen owners couldn't spot the difference side by side.....especially on rep rubber or a gen strap / bracelet.

Glad I like Breitlings!