Sign in to follow this  
Jmd

New member ready to jump in - will need help along the way

Jmd

I found this forum while on vacation last week. My wife and son have been going to bed pretty early and I have been spending most of my nights glued to this forum. I currently own a Gen Tag Heuer Grand Carerra Calibre 17 and absolutely love it, but seeing what can be found for much less in the rep market is really opening my eyes.

I am planning on starting out with the following:

- Chanel J12 white quartz for the wife

- Breitling Transocean white / white with brown leather w Asian 7750

- IWC Aquatimer Cousteau (I really want the newer black / white Aquatimer 2000, but cannot find any decent reps)

- Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra Chronograph GMT (although again, cannot find any decent reps)

I expect that this forum is going to cost me a lot of time and money, but I am really excited to let it.

If anyone has suggestions on how to track down decent reps on the IWC or Omega that would be much appreciated.

Cyril_Clunge

Hello :wave: and welcome to RWG :)

Your best bet is to send pics of what you want to our TDs, I would recommend WI, MR and Toro, and they will tell you what, if anything is available. If the TDs can't get it then it probably doesn't exist, despite what the scam sites will tell you.

As for this place costing you money, you have no idea :facepalm:

:D

onionbag

Hello and welcome. :)

Late night browsing on t'internet whilst the missus sleeps eh. ;)

Jmd

Your best bet is to send pics of what you want to our TDs, I would recommend WI, MR and Toro, and they will tell you what, if anything is available. If the TDs can't get it then it probably doesn't exist, despite what the scam sites will tell you.

I send a note off to WI a few days ago and have not heard back, but I am sure they are busy helping other customers. I will send requests off to the other TDs and see what sticks. Hopefully I will have reviews to post up soon.

It's only watches I promise - I pitched her on it as being better than a coke habit - she agrees, for now

conx

I send a note off to WI a few days ago and have not heard back, but I am sure they are busy helping other customers. I will send requests off to the other TDs and see what sticks. Hopefully I will have reviews to post up soon.

It's only watches I promise - I pitched her on it as being better than a coke habit - she agrees, for now

Nope, a coke habit is cheaper....

offshore

Nope, a coke habit is cheaper....

Much...much cheaper! :wheredidthehostingmoneygo?:

Only costs a forum or two!

O/S

BadPickle
Hello :wave: and welcome to RWG :)

As for this place costing you money, you have no idea :facepalm:

:D

+11111111111111111111

Welcome jmd. You'll be safe here, this is when the lies to the missus will start, "honey, it's a replica, was only a few bucks, HONEST!!"

12E6B426-974B-4621-956E-7A049F4A3818-211-0000030250EB4186.jpg

Good luck mate!!!

seclark007

Hello and Welcome....if the first couple of posts are any inidcation, you're gonna fit in quite well here!

Oh, and yeah....cut up all your credit cards now.....you'll be running to coke to quit this place! :D

Jmd

Well I have been through 3 dealers so far, MR, WI and Silix and have not had any luck finding what I have been looking for. The list has changed a bit and now sits as:

-Omega PO XL black bezel, white letters with SS and rubber or leather band w ETA movement (new version w/o happy feet)

-Breitling Transocean Chrono white face, brown leather with 7750 movement

-Chanel J12 white ceramic w white/silver crown and Japanese quartz movement (33mm version)

I am going to continue my search, but this is not as easy as I thought it would be:).

replicastuff

Welcome to the forum, good luck with your search.

scorpion

G'day Mate, Huan Ying, Velkommen, Welkom, Bienvenue, Willkommen, Benvenuto, Dzieñ Dobry, Dobrodošao, Vítejte, Bonvenon, Tervetuloa, Accueil, Fogadtatás, Velkomin, Selamat Datang, Powitanie, Bem-vindo, Välkommen and Welcome.

My advice is to leave here right now, dont look back just go away and forget you ever found this site.................

Or get your wallet ready for a serious spending spree!!!!!!

HeavyKrush

-Omega PO XL black bezel, white letters with SS and rubber or leather band w ETA movement (new version w/o happy feet)

Why ETA? This is a great deal on the PO from MR. I have this watch and really love it...

http://v.yupoo.com/photos/mrwatch/albums/6018024/

Jmd

Why ETA? This is a great deal on the PO from MR. I have this watch and really love it...

http://v.yupoo.com/p...albums/6018024/

That is brilliant, no need for the Swiss ETA. Looks like MR has everything except the Breitling - not sure how I missed that. Hopefully they have stock.

DeLaForce

Tbh the transocean isn't a accurate rep IMO, but if you like it go for it :)

machiavegli

Your strategy of Buying for the wife, too... Gentlemen, take note! He knows what he's doing already!

-Mach

Jmd

Your strategy of Buying for the wife, too... Gentlemen, take note! He knows what he's doing already!

-Mach

It definitely makes it easier to justify.

Looks like the factory is all out of the 45.5mm black/white UPOs right now. Hope they come back in soon.

Luthier

Buy pumpkin.

AAH1483

Hey guys new to this site , really looking for a u-boat or a hublot can anyone help me out ?

Luthier

Yes, sure.

Go to "New Members and Introduction" section, introduce yourself properly, then read ALL the pinned threads there, then surf Forum for a week, or, better, two, especially dealers feedbacks, then choose your dealer, then send him/her your request.

So simple!

<RJ>

Well I have been through 3 dealers so far, MR, WI and Silix and have not had any luck finding what I have been looking for. The list has changed a bit and now sits as:

-Breitling Transocean Chrono white face, brown leather with 7750 movement

-Chanel J12 white ceramic w white/silver crown and Japanese quartz movement (33mm version)

I am going to continue my search, but this is not as easy as I thought it would be:).

So true. Sometimes when you believe you want some watch and you do months and months of searching (especially around christmas and the infamous Chinese New Year) and send many pms and emails to td´s and do WTBs in trade areas of several rep foras you might even reconsider what your next watch will be :) And then as if someone read your mind it shows up in a "special price watch" section somewhere.

It can be frustrating from time to time...

hnic

welcomr

nice intro

read, learn, enjoy!

wooda

I sent e-mails to Mary at WI a few weeks ago and although she responded to my first e-mail, she has yet to answer my second so I went to Silix

Edited by wooda

Jmd

By way of update for thoswho are watching I have found tr Chanel J12 and am now trying to package it with a 42mm black/white PO w ss and leather strap and a Rolex DateJust II with blue face. One of these days I will be able to post pics and reviews of an actual purchase. :)