Sign in to follow this  
tigercrash

Need advice

tigercrash

This is my first post, so sorry if I sound like a noobie. I'd like to get a rep Omega Speedmaster, preferably with a leather strap. I looked through the "trusted dealer list" and wondered whether the list is still current. In particular, is the "trusted" part still current. Also, I looked at the Timeshop website and noticed that the watches listed there vary in "movement" type, with "Copy Venus Manual Working Chronograph movement", "chronograph Lemania movement", and "Swiss ETA 2836 automatic movement" being among the most expensive. So my questions are:

1. According to the "Top 10 Lies of Replica Watches" (http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=39), there is no such thing as "Swiss" made watches. Do any dealers "custom make" some of their watches and could this be why a watch is listed as having "Swiss ETA" movement? (see http://www.timeshops.net/speedmaster/711-omega-aqua-terra-co-axial-man-ss-white-eta-2836.html) Or is this a scam?

2. If the movements listed on the Timeshop website are real, what is the difference between "Copy Venus Manual Working Chronograph movement" versus "chronograph Lemania movement" versus "Swiss ETA 2836 automatic movement"? I assume that these are all of higher quality (more reliable) than the various asian type movements? Which one is of the highest quality?

3. Has anyone had any experience with Timeshop or any of the other "trusted dealers", in particular with reference to Omega rep watches? Which are, in your opinion, the better dealers in terms of trust and quality of rep watches? I am willing to spend a little more for a rep if it's of higher quality - well, higher quality where rep watches are concerned. Obviously I'm not expecting a watch that is mechanically equivalent to the real thing, but I also would like the watch to keep accurate time and not fall apart within a couple of months after the purchase.

Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

peakpower

1. As a noob, I can tell you from experience that you need to learn how to use the SEARCH function. A lot of your questions have probably been asked before.

2. Give a look here, if you haven't already... http://www.rwg.bz/bo...?showtopic=6930

fatarms

Your questions show that you have done some reading here, and that is more than most do when they ask which reps to buy as noobs. You get credit for that. :)

About your 1st point, there are no rep watches built in Switzerland, some reps do have genuine swiss movements in them though. The watch you reference would have a swiss ETA in it and usually you pay a premium for it. Seeing that the watch you posted is $200, that is a steal for that movement. Many here will go for the Swiss clone (a chinese movement that is a replica of that movement) and will keep the cost down without much, if any, difference between the clone or an actual swiss movement. I have both swiss and the clones, and they are both excellent movements.

To answer your other questions about the Lemania and other movements, check out this thread. It will help you to understand the movements used in replica watches:

http://www.rwg.bz/bo...?showtopic=6930

I've not dealt with Timeshops myself, all of our Trusted Dealers have access to the same watches, you can send them pics of the watches you are looking for and then tell them the type of movement you'd like in it and they will be able to source them for you.

Welcome to the forum, keep reading and learning. This forum is an invaluable source of information for rep watches.

1littlegreen

Stand back.......peak's got this one :thumbsup:

daymeeyan

I have bought from timeshops without any issues thus far. Just email them to make sure what you want is available before you go through the payment process.