Sign in to follow this  
Chiquita Fanjita

Changing strap on AP Diver

Chiquita Fanjita

I'm going to attempt to change the strap on my Diver, but heard they are a bugger to do, so I've had a search on here on how best to go about changing it, and came across Midasmooks excellent write up (http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=26583)

My question however is, do I really need to remove the lugs from the watch head, or can I leave them in place and just remove the strap and stick the new strap on?

midasmook

Andy, trust me mate do exactly as I show in the tutorial as these are a bugger and this is the best way.

Corv99

its impossible to do, send me the strap and watch for environmentally friendly disposal

thanks

ks653

I feel your pain man... took me over an hour to change the strap on my diver!

Corv99

I feel your pain man... took me over an hour to change the strap on my diver!

I have just gone off getting one of these!! :giggle:

Serge D

Aston just take a steady hand, and if its a factory made AP strap with plastic insert its easy to change without detaching the links from the case.

Good Luck mate!

baxter

I've done a few now .... some have been easy and some beyond a nightmare - i completely knackered my safari which is now in the hands of a friend who has some engineering skills.

My advice is use very good screwdrivers and take your time - if it looks like it's going wrong stop take a deep breath and take it down your local timpsons. After my safari experience this is exactly what i did with my Don Ramon when it looked to be going the wrong way & was glad i did- I can't tell you the pain of fucking up a lovely ( and expensive ) watch.

ronin007

I ended up buying a few conversion links and just change the straps with them in , takes a minute

Hazz

I have now done a few, good driver, and most important, make sure the screws go back to the same thread they came from.

Electron17

What strap are you changing from and what are you changing too?

Del

I have now done a few, good driver, and most important, make sure the screws go back to the same thread they came from.

Yes, +1000, plus make sure the lugs also go back into the same case position. It's a doodle once you've done it about 22 times. :rofl:

Chiquita Fanjita

Thanks for all the replies guys. Sounds like its probably gonna be a pain in the arse. I'll give it a go at the weekend when I've got more time and an empty house so I can turn the air blue :lol:

What strap are you changing from and what are you changing too?

Pics of old and new strap in here mate http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=38600&pid=670018&st=0&&do=findComment&comment=670018