Sign in to follow this  
trishygirl

Newbie. Forgot to introduce myself earlier. :)

trishygirl

I did say "hi" on the chatbox tho, so hopefully points for trying. I was detained by a 2 year old, purple dinosaur and a stinky diaper...

I found this site searching for a rep watch for my hubbie for xmas. I quickly discovered there were alot of scammers out there, so this site was a huge help! So I decided to join to become even better informed before my first purchase. My hubbie loves watches, but #1 - would be afraid to wear anything truly expensive at his job (auto industry) and #2 - our cars cost less than most of the "real things" he likes so those are pretty much out. If the first purchase works out well, it may be the start of a lovely gift/watch collection for my hubbie. :)

Thanks to you guys for a great site, with lots of practical info (espec. about paypal use & keeping noses clean) that is easy to find/use.

Jose Betancur

Welcome Trishy!i hope you can find what you need.

as a nwebie i tell you, this is the place to be :D

cheers!

dingle

welcome to the nuthouse :)

PetshaFey

Welcome!

vonGluberschmidt

if he's on the mechanical end of automotive... I like the Bell&Ross BR03 or 01's for their ability to take a beating and still look hot.

if he's a salesman... well, that's a whole different kettle of fish.

:)

welcome.

myaz

Welcome. Glad to have you on board. Consider putting him on a budget. This site can be devastating to well intentioned financial plans :P

Cynikal.Mindset

I work in the auto industry too and wear a watch that is "worth" more than the car I drive...nobody notices, just dont buy a rolex and all should be fine

welcome, glad you found this safe haven and didn't get scammed

trailboss99

Welcome indeed, what's on hubby's wish list?

Don't forget about yourself either, lots of nice ladies watches out there.

houndoggie

Welcome!

trishygirl

I can see how this site can be financially devastating. It took about 2 days of research for me to start wondering if maybe I'd get one for me too.... :)

As far as job - not a mechanic/not salesman. He buys cars that go on lot for a natl chain. So he is both in office and out at auctions/lots climbing around checking for damage/mechanical issues, etc. He is also an avid car guy, as he started his career as a mechanic, and is a big do-it-yourselfer. We live in a foreclosure, where there is always a project. Currenly kitchen-less & mid remodel. So both "nice" watcges okay for work, and tough watches good for abuse considered. If all goes well, there is Father's Day, his b-day, Christmas. LOL. And he is notoriously hard to buy for so I'm hoping for a good experience. Truthfully, though, I know squat about watches. I've been looking at some Tag Heur reps as they have similarities in style he seems to prefer. But was also considering a simple Movado rep for Xmas. With no extra dials/gizmos, simple design, figured chance of getting one that was not a dud was better.

NCRich

Welcome!

houndoggie

Welcome!

copycat

houndoggie

You should look at Panerai 111N. It is simple, elegant, unique, handwind mechanical movement, has a display caseback to see the works, and they among the nicest made and accurate reps.

Balad1

Welcome good to have you join us.

With mainly guys here it can get pretty scary for gals but no scarier than a stinky diaper, so no worries.

Electron17

Welcome to RWG Trishy, hope you will get bitten by the watch bug too. There are some excellent ladies rep aswell.

Regards,

Jan

trailboss99

You should look at Panerai 111N. It is simple, elegant, unique, handwind mechanical movement, has a display caseback to see the works, and they among the nicest made and accurate reps.

Good idea HD, a 111N goes with anything.

J.Eric

Hello and Welcome!

PetshaFey

Welcome!

copycat

Ahum...

trishygirl

Ok, I have officially been looking at rep watches for over a week. My brain hurts and my eyes are crossed from too much gaping at my laptop. I have learned alot, and I am tired of looking at watches - a woman tired of shopping - alert the media! I am proud of myself for staying around my self-imposed $100 limit. Based on the style of cheapie watches my hubbie seems to prefer, here are the two I have come down to:

http://asiakrono.com/tagheuer/carrera/tagheuer_2052.htm

http://www.asiakrono.com/tagheuer/carrera/tagheuer_2060.htm

They are both similar black faced Tag's; only diff in one band is stainless steel, other is PVD coated stainless with black look.

My questions are thus before I decide/order:

1. Would you go w/stainless only over PVD coated stainless due to wear and tear?

2. Should I contact the dealer thru the RWG board, or just order thru the website/paypal?

3. Any feedback on these particular watches?

I have read all about how to handle ordering, paypal etc so think I am good there.... Thx. Going out to play for now. After this I think Mommy needs a nap. :)

dingle

1. Stainless

2. email the dealer and let them know you are a member here when you order

3. others will have to chime in on the feedback

dalboy

You should look at Panerai 111N. It is simple, elegant, unique, handwind mechanical movement, has a display caseback to see the works, and they among the nicest made and accurate reps. :giggle:

houndoggie

You should look at Panerai 111N. It is simple, elegant, unique, handwind mechanical movement, has a display caseback to see the works, and they among the nicest made and accurate reps. :giggle:

sheer poetry!

jeffw69

This is how all noobs should be treated.

dalboy

sheer poetry!

You knew..

houndoggie

This is how all noobs should be treated.

as if they may show us their boobs at some point?

:lol: