Sign in to follow this  
BaggyPants

Fake Omega PO 42 On Ebay?

BaggyPants

Still not withdrawn, and I even told them how you can tell it's a fake. Sod them. Ebay are idiots and anybody stupid enough to seriously bid on that deserves everything that's coming to them :thumbdown:

Geof

Up to $5100 now! :killkenny:

Higs

Reported.

Also asked the seller a question: does he realize that he's a scamming low-life cunt?

Did you get a reply?

Lokin

Is that a cloned movement?

Harry_Worth

Just heard back from the seller. If I were a betting man I'd put money on the guy being genuine. I've queried the mismatching serial numbers. He's responded with 'Where on the internet' can he find this information'. If I were him i wouldn't have had the bottle to pull the back off the watch though so sort of suggests he may know something about watches. Could he be an independent dealer/repairer offered watch and thinks he's got lucky. He's not internet savvy and opened an ebay account specially for this deal!. I have to say i'd no idea how good reps were until I'd stumbled on this site! - an hour thirty minutes to go on ebay!. Guy may get a nice Christmas bonus and buyer may never realise he's been duped. Everyone's happy - eeerrrrrrrrrr! Or watch out for watch reappearing on ebay shortly!

Yes, just noticed the other item he's bought is watch oil!

Chap's just emailed me again - he's pulling it in view of messages he's received and serial no mismatch!

Edited by Harry_Worth

Higs

He's just replied to me saying he's found out it may be a fake and he's going to pull it.

He won't though, will he?

(in fact, can he pull it this close to the end if there are bids on it?)

James.

13 mins to go, still up there. if he pulls it he was legit and just ignorant. If he doesn't, I guess we'll have confirmation he's a scammer.

Hazz

still there, what is the point of reporting, if ebay sit and do nothing.

Burnleybezel

The bid price is Insain, $5300, you can buy the newer version from a AD for not much more.

B.B

Hazz

2 mins and still there

Burnleybezel

Scammer! - You'd pull it if you knew.

B.B

Loonie

$5300? Fake watch & fake bid.

I doubt he sold it...

HOBBS

Sold for $5300 the guy selling it must have known it was a rep or he would have pulled the listing, he is certainly unable to state that he sold the Omega not knowing it was a rep, he was clearly informed.

Edited by HOBBS

Harry_Worth

$5,300 - And a very Merry Christmas for him!

James.

Maybe it was a good samaritin who won the auction with no intention of paying? This was almost worth setting up a dummy 'bay account and bidding just to prevent someone else getting ripped off...

Cyril_Clunge
Maybe it was a good samaritin who won the auction with no intention of paying? This was almost worth setting up a dummy 'bay account and bidding just to prevent someone else getting ripped off...

There are indeed people who have a stock of eBay accounts for just this purpose..........:Whistle:

Harry_Worth

Almost looks just that - winning bidder had no feedback!

onionbag

This is the guy who polices rep sales on the 'bay.

tumblr_mdqw3hk6Wj1rzg3m1o1_400.jpg

onionbag

Aye, just re-read that one, a cracker. :)

HeavyKrush

$5,300? For sure fishy. You can purchase a new watch for $4,712.