Sign in to follow this  
wooda

Hello from NYC

wooda

Hi All,

I am fairly new to the world of replica watches. I found this site after doing an extensive google search (multiple weeks) and it seems like the best and friendliest forum out there.

I got into replica watches after my gen Jaeger LeCoultre Grande Reverso GMT was stolen from me a few weeks ago. It was heartbreaking and so I've decided not to buy gens anymore. I don't want to deal with losing such a large investment again and I've seen such great replicas from the TDs here such as Mary, Silix, etc., so here I am.

I'm about to order to some watches from Silix: a Breitling Superocean Heritage with blue dial and stainless steel mesh bracelet and an IWC Portofino with white dial. I will post some pics when I receive them.

My collection includes:

- Gen Breitling Colt GMT

- Rep Omega Speedmaster Professional "Moonwatch". I got this over 2 years ago in Bali for about 50 USD and it's still working!

- Gen Jaeger LeCoultre Grande Reverso GMT (now stolen) :(

DW

myaz

Sorry about the JLC but welcome aboard. Stay dry. As you've likely figured out by now, there's a Reverso rep.

Balad1

Welcome American Brother and Aloha from Hawaii.

Ted

dalboy

Welcome to the forum

Nice introduction..your gonna fit right in here..

Shame about the JLC..still as myza said a rep is avaliable..you might be surprise by it..Good hunting

Dal.

Cyril_Clunge

Hello :wave: and welcome to RWG :)

Bash64

Welcome! Sorry about the gen JLC, but some nice choices to get you started here.

You're gonna need a bigger watchbox :D

YoungGPS
animierte-gifs-image_welcome_spinning.gif

wooda

Sorry about the JLC but welcome aboard. Stay dry. As you've likely figured out by now, there's a Reverso rep.

Welcome American Brother and Aloha from Hawaii.

Ted

Welcome to the forum

Nice introduction..your gonna fit right in here..

Shame about the JLC..still as myza said a rep is avaliable..you might be surprise by it..Good hunting

Dal.

Welcome! Sorry about the gen JLC, but some nice choices to get you started here.

You're gonna need a bigger watchbox :D

Thanks guys.

Yes, I will definitely need a bigger watchbox/winder. I only have a 2 spot watch winder now (1 spot for my Breitling and other for Omega). JLC was handwound so I kept it on my nightstand.

As for Reverso reps, I have seen some good ones but something is always off whether it's quartz movement instead of handwound or automatic, the dial (most of the time, the number font on the dial at the 3, 6, 9, 12 is off or the shading inside the inner rectangle is off), or the bracelet (integrated instead of lug/pin although I read that the integrated bracelet is accurate for older models). Please do let me know if you find an accurate Reverso rep (i.e. automatic/handwound, accurate dial, case and bracelet) b/c I will snatch it up right away :) And no Jean Muller homages please

Silix e-mailed me saying the Breitling SO Heritage on stainless steel mesh is no longer available so I'm instead going to get the following from Timeshops:

IWC Portofino. Compared to pics on the manufacturer's website and Jomashop, everything is spot on except the strap looks cheap. Considering this watch is so simple there's not much you can mess up on :) Will swap out the strap for a custom alligator strap from Migliore or get a gen strap.

http://www.timeshops...s-lt-a2892.html

JLC Master Compressor. Everything is spot on. Surprised at how good this is including the rubber bracelet. I saw Dendos' JLCs and was inspired to get a Master Compressor although his is nicer. I think he mentioned he got his Master Compressor from Robert (RIP) so it's no longer available

http://www.timeshops...bber-strap.html

Edited by wooda

Electron17

Hello and welcome to RWG. Sorry to hear about your loss, terrible to have a good watch stolen. Some great reps available so enjoy your shopping.

Regards,

Jan

Abagnale

hello and welcome mate. i hope you had an insurance for your watch...

cheers