Sign in to follow this  
turbotow

Where to get the best green wave box?

turbotow

When I got my GMT from Puretime, I ordered a box also. It is bigger than my gen boxes and I was wondering who all sells box kits.

Thanks.

Lokin

Search around... Perfect clones, timeshop, silix i think, i bet Mary could find them for you though I'm not sure about that.

Cyril_Clunge

aobobuy.com Not a TD but many have bought from Robbie and he's fine. Great selection of boxes but shipping can be a bit pricey.

dingle

Mary sourced me a box. easy peasy :)

jeffw69

Box is too big? Going to mod it?

turbotow

So I have been searching and searching for the correct small Rolex new style box with no luck other than genuine.

It seems the only rep box available is the medium one (7"x5"x3") that comes with TT watches.

The small box is correct for all SS watches (6"x4.5"x3") except DSSD.

Does anyone have any leads?

Thanks.

fatarms

Never understood boxes unless you're trying to fool people into thinking they are real.

evobatman
Mary sourced me a box. easy peasy :)

How much did you pay?

popspacket

Never understood boxes unless you're trying to fool people into thinking they are real.

I agree. Why does one need the exact type of box that goes with the particular edition?

ronin007
IMG_1396_zps3604adf4.jpg

turbotow

I agree. Why does one need the exact type of box that goes with the particular edition?

I am anal. Sorry. I keep all my watches in their boxes. Rep or Gen.

I have actually got the wrong size box with my gen YM, then traded it for the medium one. Gens come in plastic "coffins" to the AD and the boxes are delivered seperate. Most ADs dont even pay attention to what box goes to what watch. So the box to watch is not something that is not even well known. Its not about fooling anyone, just liking to see things correct in my armoire.

cuddilyteddy

I respect that. I have my own ocd tendencies but mine are more to focused on showcasing my watches (gen or rep) to myself in a watch winder.

craftech

I've just measured the box I have: 147mm / 5.79" x 109mm / 4.3" x 61mm / 2.4" (it came with a SS sub) - its smaller than your dimensions on your post?

greekgod

The guy likes his boxes!!! no harm with if a cool box makes you happy....I know I would want a box too. what's the fuss about?

solkryssare
The guy likes his boxes!!! no harm with if a cool box makes you happy....I know I would want a box too. what's the fuss about?

Agreed. I have a few ones my self. Never use them tho but I bought them because I think my watches look pretty in them. That's all.

flyr

Because a box and papers makes it that much easier for someone unscrupulous to pass the whole package off as a gen somewhere down the line. Maybe not the OP but who knows after it's sold a couple of times. A display case is much better. JMHO