Sign in to follow this  
andy66

Whats your definition of DROPSHIPPING??

andy66

Long story short,i help someone out due to dodgy customs in their country.

He knew i was after an SA on ocean racer so said hed put it on his next order and i can pay him.....no problem.(off josh)

Ordered last Saturday,got tracking on Sunday.....since then nothing.On Sunday,another order was put in,got tracking for that aswell.

Emailed josh to ask if they were on the way(today).

Second one is on the way but the SA will be after CNY.Seems he doesnt have the watch.

I asked if the 2009 dial was available to send out straight away and got an email back saying........

"I have stock but the people who send the watches out are closed" EH!!!

Now i dont know how he usually works but i thought if you took an order,then passed it over to someone else to ship it...dropshipping?????

I dont mean employees or part of your business that sends it.

Hes not closed cos he posted a watch this morning so if he is getting watches shipped from somewhere else,isnt that dropshipping?????

oscarmadfish

in my book yes

trailboss99

Right, lets get one thing perfectualy clear.

No matter WTF he says, Josh dropships!

Josh does not carry stock, never has. Some of it is direct from the factory, some of it comes from Andrew.

Josh himself is not even in China most of the time. The "I dun dropship" bit is pure bullshit.

Col.

dingle
Right, lets get one thing perfectualy clear.

No matter WTF he says, Josh dropships!

Josh does not carry stock, never has. Some of it is direct from the factory, some of it comes from Andrew.

Josh himself is not even in China most of the time. The "I dun dropship" bit is pure bullshit.

Col.

The Boss has spoken!

prestigewatchco

I think you will find that Josh's inlaws actually ship the watches or him they are in GZ . josh himself is in Singapore most of the time. As for holding stock I have no idea. I know if I were based in GZ I wouldn't be holding any large amount of stock. No need it's available around the corner

trailboss99

Exactly, why hold stock when you are in the center of everything rep?

Josh has never done QC he relies on a good return policy to take care of

bad reps and thst's a pain to me because it means the expense and risk

of return shipping. I doubt there is anyone at JoshInc HQ who would know

what the watch is supoposed to look like anyway. I can tell you one thing,

Josh and Andrew's stuff is shipped from the same place. The packeging

is identical.

Col.

KBH

I disagree somewhat. The fact that Josh and Andrew's packaging is the same and not used by any of the others tells you something. They are all shipped from a central location In GZ. Not from a factory and not from the various watch markets.

They have an operation in GZ where someone supposedly QC's and ships them. We all know Josh is from Singapore and his wife is Chinese. His people, being his wife's family or not, must carry stock of some sort or else they wouldn't possibly be able to procure all the orders and ship in the amount of time that he does. He doesn't have runners going back and forth to the factories every 15 minutes for another Sub. That would be crazy. And if he wasn't shipping them they wouldn't all be packaged the same.

I actually believe he carries stock of all the popular watches and someone checks them before shipping. I'm sure it isn't Josh, but would you expect Aiko Toyoda to check every Toyota before it ships. You hire people for that.

So my thinking is: Does Josh QC every watch? -NO! But hopefully he has someone that does.

Does he drop ship? -Depends on your definition of drop shipping. I personally don't think he does.

Luthier

Every reps factory has a small (one-two rooms) HQ on the upper floor of the famous "Watch Market" in GZ. They carry the stock, that delivered daily from the factories. EMS station is about 100 meters from Watch Market. Go figure. Factories never ship, they're deep undergrpound.

andy66

Well its just been pretty much confirmed,

Col's explanation and Roberts sound about right.It pretty much confirms it in the email aswell.

On my own i wouldnt order off either of them but we were led to believe the watches would be shipped before CNY so i agreed.

To be honest,ive never even looked on their sites.Ive had a few of TTs watches pass through me and the quality does seem good but no better than anyone else gets i suppose.

prestigewatchco

KBH thats exactly what happens runners go to stock room or wholesalers every 5 mins of the day same in the market in Bangkok.

If you ask or something they dispatch a rider to go get it.

The girl I import with in Bangkok has a small shop if you go there she will send a runner to get the item you want she has around 20 runners and motorbike taxi men

KBH
Well its just been pretty much confirmed,

Col's explanation and Roberts sound about right.It pretty much confirms it in the email aswell.

Nobody could possibly carry every watch. You run out of something and you reorder.

By that definition, everyone is a drop shipper. What's the big deal anyway? Can you name one dealer that never drop ships?

KBH
KBH thats exactly what happens runners go to stock room or wholesalers every 5 mins of the day same in the market in Bangkok.

The girl I import with in Bangkok has a small shop if you go there she will send a runner to get the item you want she has around 20 runners and motorbike taxi men

So he gets it and brings it back to his location to (hopefully) QC and package for shipment. Is that still drop shipping?

prestigewatchco

So he gets it and brings it back to his location to (hopefully) QC and package for shipment. Is that still drop shipping?

I never suggested he dropshipped I was only saying you were wrong as to how it's done.

Whether he holds stock or not I don't know more likely he gets it from a wholesaler he works with. That would explain why Hont etc can't always get the same watches

JohnG
Can you name one dealer that never drop ships?

TTK

KBH

TTK

We said never drop ships. Not, never ships period.

greg_r

TTK

:thumbsup2:

Probably got something to do with the continental drift delivery system :rolleyes:

KBH

I never suggested he dropshipped I was only saying you were wrong as to how it's done.

Whether he holds stock or not I don't know more likely he gets it from a wholesaler he works with. That would explain why Hont etc can't always get the same watches

I'm not disagreeing with you Robert. The original topic was "what's your definition of drop shipping". To me a drop shipper is someone who turns in orders to the factory (or the factories outlet) and has them shipped without taking physical possession. Of course I could bee wrong but I don't think this applies to Josh. The available evidence doesn't support it. Whether or not drop shipping is good or evil is a whole different topic.

onzenuub

Who cares?

greg_r
Who cares?

LOL - there is that...

I'm not the biggest fan of Josh and personal experience would leave me to suspect that he dropships. He's still a very good dealer, though - after-sales service is what counts here. Personally I'd rather buy elsewhere, but I have no argument with those who continue to recommend him...

andy66
Who cares?

Quite a few people,judging by the results you get when you do a search across the boards.....

prestigewatchco

I don't dropship but not because I don't want to .

Because outside China you have to hold stock as the local market cannot be relied on as TTK found out with his group buy disasters

If you are in GZ there isn't a reason on earth to hold stock

Silverspeed

As long as someone checks if it's the watch that was ordered, that it runs like it's supposed to and the band/bracelet doesn't fall off

i'm more then happy

KBH

I'm with you 100% Silverspeed!

cybee

TTK

We said never drop ships. Not, never ships period.

LOL

Luthier

Robert don't dropship, and Mary.

Both will send you the picture of the actual watch, that you know, what you buying.

And both inspect watch before shipping.

Both are the best dealers.