Sign in to follow this  
andy66

Whats your definition of DROPSHIPPING??

AllergyDoc

"QC" in the rep world is mostly marketing. The only dealer's QC I trust is BK's. Look at Eurotimez: they bragged endlessly about their vaulted QC, yet have a spotty reputation; plenty of guys got bad watches from them.

It's a good cover, though. If you didn't get a watch for your customer for whatever reason--you forgot, you had a bad week, you're broke, you were drunk all week--all you have to say is "watch not good enuf for you, I keep looking." Silix did that to me and then sent a watch with faults a blind 4 year old could have seen.

It doesn't seem to matter whether a watch is QCed or not, or dropshipped or not; you have about an equal chance of getting dud either way.

sconehead

True Doc but remember a some of the dealers will send you a pic of the actual watch they are going to ship to you for your approval prior to posting if you ask them. That takes some of the faults out of the equation. Obviously, the movement can still be DOA.

This service is mostly limited to the smaller volume dealers sadly...

KBH

Last Ebel Chrono I got from Ruby, the pictures were beautiful. As far as she knew it worked fine. I got it and the anti reverse gear, or what ever it is, was sticking and I had to send it out for service.

Lot's of watches work fine when shipped and have loose rotors, tangled mainsprings, hands come loose, etc. after spending a couple of weeks getting thrown around.

Pictures only tell a small part of the story.

KBH
Robert don't dropship, and Mary.

Both will send you the picture of the actual watch, that you know, what you buying.

And both inspect watch before shipping.

Both are the best dealers.

When did Robert start sending personalized pictures? Doesn't sound like his style.

Last time I tried to order a watch from him, it was sold to someone else before I could finalize payment.

AllergyDoc
Last Ebel Chrono I got from Ruby, the pictures were beautiful. As far as she knew it worked fine. I got it and the anti reverse gear, or what ever it is, was sticking and I had to send it out for service.

Lot's of watches work fine when shipped and have loose rotors, tangled mainsprings, hands come loose, etc. after spending a couple of weeks getting thrown around.

Pictures only tell a small part of the story.

I agree.

Sending pictures is a nice "touchy-feely" thing, and at least you know they're not going to send you a Cartier when you ordered a Rolex.

I'm just discussing, not complaining. "Approved" dealers, whether they "dropship" or not, are still light years better than scammers.

AustinTech

Sead apparently doesn't dropship, but people still get crap reps (DB).

prestigewatchco

Careful Austin according to some on RG he never has a complaint and walks on water

dingle

Careful Austin according to some on RG he never has a complaint and walks on water

I have Austins back on this....and thanks Robert for bringing the truth to the surface................if any body post questions at the geek, I will be sure to bring the truth to light. :thumbsup:

prestigewatchco

I have Austins back on this....and thanks Robert for bringing the truth to the surface................if any body post questions at the geek, I will be sure to bring the truth to light. :thumbsup:

Yes I am sure he has complaints goes with the job. Mother Theresa was the only Albanian I have ever heard of that did nothing wrong

Silverspeed

Seems to me a lot of members confuse dropshiping with quality checks.

Why it should matter if a dealer droships is beyond me....most important is that the watch is checked and properly packed before it's being send. Whether the dealer does this or the guy/girl that packs it...why on earth does this matter?

Luthier

Why it should matter if a dealer droships is beyond me....most important is that the watch is checked and properly packed before it's being send. Whether the dealer does this or the guy/girl that packs it...why on earth does this matter?

Because you can get DOA watch. It's rarely happen, if the dealer inspect the watch, wind it and keep working for a day.

Also, non-dropshipper will send you the picture of actual watch you will get, and you can see exactly what watch will be shipped, and comply, if something wrong. Just recently Mary sent the pics of the watch to our member, and he noticed, that pearl lume color was different from hands and markers lume, and it was corrected by finding new watch BEFORE shipping. In case of dropshipping, you'd send watch back and will wait for correct one. Waste of money and time.

Silverspeed

Because you can get DOA watch. It's rarely happen, if the dealer inspect the watch, wind it and keep working for a day.

Also, non-dropshipper will send you the picture of actual watch you will get, and you can see exactly what watch will be shipped, and comply, if something wrong. Just recently Mary sent the pics of the watch to our member, and he noticed, that pearl lume color was different from hands and markers lume, and it was corrected by finding new watch BEFORE shipping. In case of dropshipping, you'd send watch back and will wait for correct one. Waste of money and time.

Fair enough..but doesn't that fall under quality check? I mean what difference does it makes if the dealer does the quality check or the wholesaler/shipping company?

I do agree that sending pics of the exact watch is a big plus!

onzenuub

Why didn't Mary notice the different lume color? If she inspects the watch she would have noticed that.

ebzen02

Why didn't Mary notice the different lume color? If she inspects the watch she would have noticed that.

Is Mary Mother Teresa? Oh! Holy Mother Mary send me a good holy rep. Do her reps resurrect after coming DOA? If so, I am sticking with her blessings.

Edited by ebzen02

Luthier

Is Mary Mother Teresa? Oh! Holy Mother Mary send me a good holy rep. Do her reps resurrect after coming DOA? If so, I am sticking with her blessings.

:thumbsup::Whistle::)

Mary is still learning, she growing very fast, and already won the hearts of many of us. She used to work for big company, but a year ago I convinced her to open her own business, and since - we all are very happy with her. She fix mistakes very fast, she is great communicator and very hard working dealer. Just need to keep in mind - dealer don't make watches, dealer just sell it. But good dealer trying to sell the best possible product for great price with great attention to the customer's demand. And Mary is very good dealer. Everyone knows it.

JoeyB
Mary is still learning, she growing very fast, and already won the hearts of many of us. She used to work for big company, but a year ago I convinced her to open her own business, and since - we all are very happy with her. She fix mistakes very fast, she is great communicator and very hard working dealer. Just need to keep in mind - dealer don't make watches, dealer just sell it. But good dealer trying to sell the best possible product for great price with great attention to the customer's demand. And Mary is very good dealer. Everyone knows it.

That's true, Mary is still learning, and learning from us. I've made many 'special requests' and she has done all the leg work, sometimes learning along the way. We've avoided a few problems thanks to her pics for approval method. She is very good, very hard working and very dependable. Mary earns my business. It is difficult to do business with picky people as we are over thousands of miles through pictures only, and she gets it right.

And I thank Luthier for bringing her to my attention.

greg_r

Well put - both Luthier and Joey! :)

dingle
Well put - both Luthier and Joey! :)

Luthier and Joey agreeing...............:lmao:

:lmao:

NFleischer
"QC" in the rep world is mostly marketing. The only dealer's QC I trust is BK's. Look at Eurotimez: they bragged endlessly about their vaulted QC, yet have a spotty reputation; plenty of guys got bad watches from them.

It's a good cover, though. If you didn't get a watch for your customer for whatever reason--you forgot, you had a bad week, you're broke, you were drunk all week--all you have to say is "watch not good enuf for you, I keep looking." Silix did that to me and then sent a watch with faults a blind 4 year old could have seen.

It doesn't seem to matter whether a watch is QCed or not, or dropshipped or not; you have about an equal chance of getting dud either way.

well said doc, agree 100%. the truth is who really cares who packages and ships the watch?

the problem mostly lies in the fact that reps themselves have only fair QC. i've had problems with watches from almost every

dealer over the years (even BK; and i think he's the best @QC). i've never dealt with Mary yet, but i'm sure she has duds too.

i personally like to deal with Josh because his service is super fast. he literally will answer my emails within 5 min. most of the time,

and the watch always comes within 1 week. i happen to be a good customer and bought alot of reps, also recommended him to some people.

that doesn't hurt i'm sure.

onzenuub
i personally like to deal with Josh because his service is super fast. he literally will answer my emails within 5 min. most of the time,

and the watch always comes within 1 week

+ 1,000,000

ebzen02

That's true, Mary is still learning, and learning from us. I've made many 'special requests' and she has done all the leg work, sometimes learning along the way. We've avoided a few problems thanks to her pics for approval method. She is very good, very hard working and very dependable. Mary earns my business. It is difficult to do business with picky people as we are over thousands of miles through pictures only, and she gets it right.

Definitely using Mary next I have the urge to splurge!!!

JoeyB

and the watch always comes within 1 week. i happen to be a good customer and bought alot of reps, also recommended him to some people.

I agree with doc, it is the luck of the draw most often. And I agree with you about Josh. I have received excellent service from him, as you described and more. Mary is cheaper on the same watch, and I get those pics before she ships. That is her advantage. For the special requests Josh has not been able to come through where Mary has. Josh backs up his sale completely. I think both are great choices, just a matter of what is most important to the buyer.

I think we have the best of all worlds here. All of our recommended dealers have earned the right to be recommended, and that means we are the ones who benefit.

ebzen02

I agree with doc, it is the luck of the draw most often. And I agree with you about Josh. I have received excellent service from him, as you described and more. Mary is cheaper on the same watch, and I get those pics before she ships. That is her advantage. For the special requests Josh has not been able to come through where Mary has. Josh backs up his sale completely. I think both are great choices, just a matter of what is most important to the buyer.

I think we have the best of all worlds here. All of our recommended dealers have earned the right to be recommended, and that means we are the ones who benefit.

Amen!!!

Luthier

well said doc, agree 100%. the truth is who really cares who packages and ships the watch?

the problem mostly lies in the fact that reps themselves have only fair QC. i've had problems with watches from almost every

dealer over the years (even BK; and i think he's the best @QC). i've never dealt with Mary yet, but i'm sure she has duds too.

Sure, it doesn't, especially if you agree to pay 25% more than Robert's and Mary's prices.

By the way, Mary answer emails superfast too.

:D

Luthier

Shame on me... I agree with Joey first time in my RWG life.

Oh, and you're very welcome.

:D