Sign in to follow this  
ALE7575

Dial ISSUE at "2" in PAM 111 V3 Noob

10:10 Watch Repair

That's an old 111h rep.

Thereabouts. The font changed with the rollerball CG.

Really, I just have to mock the sky is falling WARNING!!!!! or I wouldn't be able to sleep at night.

On the gen, the font changed when the 111 went from sausge to sandwich. On the reps, the wholesale change came with the h-factory 111. Circa 2009-2010, all the 111h reps had curvy 2 sandwich dials, except DSN and Little Hero (who made there own dials). At the time, LH was charging $1200 for his 111h rep ($250 for dial and hands).

Um, I just posted a sandwich 111 with the same font...

houndoggie

That's an old 111h rep.

Really, I just have to mock the sky is falling WARNING!!!!! or I wouldn't be able to sleep at night.

On the gen, the font changed when the 111 went from sausge to sandwich. On the reps, the wholesale change came with the h-factory 111. Circa 2009-2010, all the 111h reps had curvy 2 sandwich dials, except DSN and Little Hero (who made there own dials). At the time, LH was charging $1200 for his 111h rep ($250 for dial and hands).

That is a picture of a rep.

emmune

That's an old 111h rep.

And it was not the n version (Isn't it a rep aswell?). Dials change from year to year, people want an accurate replica that is all.

------------------------------------------------------

I can't believe people are flaming Ale for making this thread, his Pam guide on RWI is one of the best things I've read on these fora( RWG,RWI,RG). The spreading of knowledge is such a horrible thing....

It may not be a big deal to some of you but it may be a deal breaker for others. Not everyone is the same and shares the mentality of "close enough". Fuck, look at all the franken watches you see, accuracy is obviously important to some people.

Edited by emmune

James.

but the dealers should be aware of it,

I would disagree with this statement... Unless you look for faults... with a glance... you can't even tell

I meant in the sense that the factories should have passed the info onto them. For example Toro recently posted he had some in stock http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=34240 and these are clearly the correct dials, so somewhere a long the line the factory has either made a new batch or run out of dials and used old ones. If they didn't pass the advice of that onto the dealers when they went to buy them then the factory loses a lot of credability, they've now essentially sold something under the guise of being something its not.

Ah, just caught that.

It's from WUS, BTW.

houndoggie

Ah, just caught that.

It's from WUS, BTW.

:lol:

Link me the thread it's from.

It's 100% a rep, though.

ALE7575

Ok, this is my "expertise" area.

Pam sausage dials are different than the sausage dials on the "2".

For pamopiles, the 2 font is a big issue. It sticks out like a site thumb. For the creme de la creme ( :giggle: ) PAM rep its a big disappointment.

For most rep collectors it may seem like no big deal, but it is.

I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but:

panerai-111.jpeg

That's an old 111h rep.

EXACTLY !!

ALE

EXACTLY !!

ALE

OMG, ALE's RIGHT !!!!!!!!!!!! - I'm fucking PANICKED about this now - ************

and it gets worse, this one's mine:

IMG_0428.jpg

ALE7575
Some may find this serious others may not but I think it is important to share knowledge like this.....thanks for the post ALE!

Yes, thank you ALE.

I knew this issue from a post of amperes here and in RWI there was some claims too

Then I thought it would be useful and helpful to publish that in RWI, here and in REP GEEK.

I don't need that for me or to be popular !!! Just I thought it was interesting !!

I really don't undesrtand some people here

ALE

Realism

Send it back where it came from... even though it's working and I can't even tell if not for these threads

Luthier

.It may not be a big deal to some of you but it may be a deal breaker for others. Not everyone is the same and shares the mentality of "close enough". Fuck, look at all the franken watches you see, accuracy is obviously important to some people.

Then this hobby is definitely not for such a people, mate. Most of reps have much more serious flaws, and we live with it perfectly.

Seriously, what, you're buying a gen. for fucking $200-$300??? Or you seriously think rep factories give a shit about some people analism???

ALE7575

If it was me and I was paying reasonable dosh for a v3 111 I'd want the one which was advertised. The dial switch-up may not be a big issue for some but the dealers should be aware of it, the factories obviously know, and there should be a disclaimer. Like I said, I haven't bought one but if I had and got the bad batch dials, i'd be fkin pissed because it's not what was advertised and not what I paid for. It's like buying a AP v3 diver and finding out they've put the v2 inner bezel on it. Not a big deal for some but a huge error for others.

Just my 2 cents.

Oh and p.s. the "6" is also off...

Very wise comment

Thanks

ALE

houndoggie

EXACTLY !!

ALE

OMG, ALE's RIGHT !!!!!!!!!!!! - I'm fucking PANICKED about this now - ************

Why?

EXACTLY !!

ALE

Why?

Still just mocking. I really have a lot of time on my hands

houndoggie

EXACTLY !!

ALE

Why?

Still just mocking. I really have a lot of time on my hands

That was punny

James.

.It may not be a big deal to some of you but it may be a deal breaker for others. Not everyone is the same and shares the mentality of "close enough". Fuck, look at all the franken watches you see, accuracy is obviously important to some people.

Then this hobby is definitely not for such a people, mate. Most of reps have much more serious flaws, and we live with it perfectly.

Seriously, what, you're buying a gen. for fucking $200-$300??? Or you seriously think rep factories give a shit about some people analism???

It's not that it does or doesn't have flaws, it's that the one which is advertised as being "v3 N111" is not the same as the one you may get.

Same logic apply to DSSD"10" bezel and happy feet. Small and in the sceme of the watch as a whole, reasonabley insignificant, but if you can avoid them, why not?

Still, at least this makes a pleasant change from the majority of recent topics like "where can I get 1:1 TAG/Rolex/IWC" etc :lol:

Realism

So... ALE... peeps who agrees with you are wise... and disagrees with you are unwise???

What kind of fucking logic is that?

Please elaborate

Realism

It's not that it does or doesn't have flaws, it's that the one which is advertised as being "v3 N111" is not the same as the one you may get.

Still, at least this makes a pleasant change from the majority of recent topics like "where can I get 1:1 TAG/Rolex/IWC" etc :lol:

Sorry... again disagree... the dial is more of a cosmetic flaw... not a mis advertise by the dealers... because dealers have no control over production... and like mentioned... no Tom, Dick and Harry will even see this on anyone's wrists

ALE7575

That's an old 111h rep.

And it was not the n version (Isn't it a rep aswell?). Dials change from year to year, people want an accurate replica that is all.

------------------------------------------------------

I can't believe people are flaming Ale for making this thread, his Pam guide on RWI is one of the best things I've read on these fora( RWG,RWI,RG). The spreading of knowledge is such a horrible thing....

It may not be a big deal to some of you but it may be a deal breaker for others. Not everyone is the same and shares the mentality of "close enough". Fuck, look at all the franken watches you see, accuracy is obviously important to some people.

Thanks emmune

Neither me

ALE

emmune

IMG_0428.jpg

That's the right 2 & 6 but if that's an N version you got the wrong hands. How you gonna sleep at night now?

ummm... There are plenty of people on these fora that are very anal and collect reps, so I'm not sure what you are talking about.

Secondly, have the quality of reps not increased dramatically over the last few years? Does this not indicate that they do in fact give a shit about some people's anal-ism because it means they will sell more watches!?

All that aside, this was a switching of dials, something being sold that wasn't advertised. Which is the real problem.

So... ALE... peeps who agrees with you are wise... and disagrees with you are unwise???

What kind of fucking logic is that?

Please elaborate

Really!?! lol. I think you should go back and re-read the thread from the start if you think this comment isn't complete hypocrisy.

Edited by emmune

Realism

IMG_0428.jpg

That's the right 2 & 6 but if that's an N version you got the wrong hands. How you gonna sleep at night now?

ummm... There are plenty of people on these fora that are very anal and collect reps, so I'm not sure what you are talking about.

Secondly, have the quality of reps not increased dramatically over the last few years? Does this not indicate that they do in fact give a shit about some people's anal-ism because it means they will sell more watches!?

All that aside, this was a switching of dials, something being sold that wasn't advertised. Which is the real problem.

To point 1.) Plenty is overstatement... To Point 2.) It is due to the lower costs of the CNC machines compared to in the past... To Point 3.) If factory really cares.... why aren't the watch waterproofed... To Point 4.) the dial is more of a cosmetic flaw... not a mis advertise by the dealers... because dealers have no control over production

James.

Sorry... again disagree... the dial is more of a cosmetic flaw... not a mis advertise by the dealers... because dealers have no control over production... and like mentioned... no Tom, Dick and Harry will even see this on anyone's wrists

The dealers sold it, in the real world liability would fall on them. Same applies, If I were to own a BMW dealership and the importer runs out of 330i's and re-badges a 330d with an "i" badge and passed it onto me, i'm unaware but If I sell that to a customer I have the liability because I've sold something under the premis of it being something it's not. In this case it is extrapolated but the logic still applies.

Dealers have no control over supply but can reject the watches should they wish. Nothing wrong with emailing the buyer and saying "sorry, the v3's are out of stock/not so good/ bad batch etc" I'm not saying they knew prior but whether they know or not is irrelevant it should fall back on them. It is however, the wild west of China so basic western notions don't always apply, especially to reps. It'd be interesting to get a dealers POV on this, whether they knew or not because they wont be happy either, especially if the factories have deliberatly deceived them as well.

I don't have a dog in this fight, i'm quite satisfied with my upgraded beginner 111 but I can empathise with anyone who's recently shelled out the $$$ and reading this topic now and realising they didn't get what they wanted. Maybe they wouldn't have noticed if it weren't for this thread? Cest la vie.