Sign in to follow this  
ALE7575

Dial ISSUE at "2" in PAM 111 V3 Noob

James.

.It may not be a big deal to some of you but it may be a deal breaker for others. Not everyone is the same and shares the mentality of "close enough". Fuck, look at all the franken watches you see, accuracy is obviously important to some people.

Then this hobby is definitely not for such a people, mate. Most of reps have much more serious flaws, and we live with it perfectly.

Seriously, what, you're buying a gen. for fucking $200-$300??? Or you seriously think rep factories give a shit about some people analism???

It's not that it does or doesn't have flaws, it's that the one which is advertised as being "v3 N111" is not the same as the one you may get.

Still, at least this makes a pleasant change from the majority of recent topics like "where can I get 1:1 TAG/Rolex/IWC" etc :lol:

Sorry... again disagree... the dial is more of a cosmetic flaw... not a mis advertise by the dealers... because dealers have no control over production... and like mentioned... no Tom, Dick and Harry will even see this on anyone's wrists

The dealers sold it, in the real world liability would fall on them. Same applies, If I were to own a BMW dealership and the importer runs out of 330i's and re-badges a 330d with an "i" badge and passed it onto me, i'm unaware but If I sell that to a customer I have the liability because I've sold something under the premis of it being something it's not. In this case it is extrapolated but the logic still applies.

Dealers have no control over supply but can reject the watches should they wish. Nothing wrong with emailing the buyer and saying "sorry, the v3's are out of stock/not so good/ bad batch etc" I'm not saying they knew prior but whether they know or not is irrelevant it should fall back on them. It is however, the wild west of China so basic western notions don't always apply, especially to reps. It'd be interesting to get a dealers POV on this, whether they knew or not because they wont be happy either, especially if the factories have deliberatly deceived them as well.

I don't have a dog in this fight, i'm quite satisfied with my upgraded beginner 111 but I can empathise with anyone who's recently shelled out the $$$ and reading this topic now and realising they didn't get what they wanted. Maybe they wouldn't have noticed if it weren't for this thread? Cest la vie.

Again in your importer case... Customer will sue the dealership and the dealership will be suing the importer... all in all the importer will be one found guilty... dealership wasn't the one that modified the car...

Again, I am going to maintain the standpoint... if the QC photos were not even posted to the public... would anyone have noticed it in the first place?

You made a statement... I play the devil's advocate... just because you agree with ALE doesn't make my points invalid...

Wrong actually, dealer is also liable in my example because they didn't have enough systems in place to stop the process of passing on incorrect goods to the buyer.

Our only point of contact is with the dealer anyway so that makes any recourse with the factory impossible.

The issue of the buyer not having an issue with the QC pics is either valid or not depending upon your opinion on how important the correct dial is to the watch. You obviously fit into the latter category. Some don't, the point is to be able to accept that and realise that maybe this issue of dial is more important to some than others but that doesn't make it irrelevant if you disagree. Oh and I don't recall anyone saying your points were invalid either.

You can continue to maintain your standpoint (that I actually raised) that if the post wasn't made then the majority wouldn't have noticed. Some will. It took HD one post to pick the problem up on the thread that was prior to this one. The buyer didn't see it, one of the first posters in the thread did. The thread has also now gone onto educate many of us in the subtle differences in the dials.

If you can live with the dial then do so. If you can't get the dealer to change the watch. I wounldn't, if it wasn't what I paid for. I'd liken it to buying a UPO and finding out it has happy feet.

Realism

Please tell me how this translate to the sale of illegal goods... please do tell! Because... from the newb corner that I've read... nothing is a 1:1... so can I sue my dealers now?

James.

"in the real world liability would fall on them"

Your either not fully reading what I'm typing or misconstruing what i'm saying.

If he wishes a replacement, the OP should ask the dealer to accomodate and the dealer should do so based upon what i've been saying.

Pretty simple.

Because... from the newb corner that I've read... nothing is a 1:1... so can I sue my dealers now?

This post gave me cancer :facepalm:

Realism

"in the real world liability would fall on them"

Your either not fully reading what I'm typing or misconstruing what i'm saying.

If he wishes a replacement, the OP should ask the dealer to accomodate and the dealer should do so based upon what i've been saying.

Pretty simple.

Because... from the newb corner that I've read... nothing is a 1:1... so can I sue my dealers now?

This post gave me cancer :facepalm:

Again Semaj... my real issue is with ALE's interpretation of the real problem... did you even see how he describe this as a SERIOUS FLAW... I don't... if you do... props to you... yes it's a flaw... a cosmetic flaw

James.

Yo Real, I agree with 10:10, the whole "DANGER!! DANGER!!" title was a bit excessive, but it's good to have these things brought to the forums attention, at least this way a lot more people would be aware, unfortunately some might not want to buy the 111 now until it's back to normal but at least they wont be disappointed if they find the flaw later. Like you insinuated, all reps have errors, we just like them to be as small as possible and usually confined to the movements. Could be worse I guess, they'll probably be tears before bed time next door :lol:

I think Ale is a bit of a pamophile, and probably made much more ado about this relativly small imperfection then was appropriate. I am still glad he did bring it up, well HD and Ampres first :P sorry Ale

I'd still prefer the 127 over the 111 tho... :gunbandana:

Realism

still love you semaj... *hugs*

James.
tumblr_lqlt7893Gw1r25650o1_400.gif

emmune

True but like I said, if it's not an n series it should have those hands. So again I'm not getting what you were pointing out? What was wrong with that watch?

In plainer language: the hysteria of the OP needs to be in line with the flaw he's pointing out.

That's it.

The watch is a gen, and even though it has the correct 2, no one will know the difference. (I got that from the Panerai marketing materials BTW)

If you want a better rep dial, no problem, I'm really not mocking that. But seriously, did you read the title of this thread?

Oh okay, I got what you're saying. For a moment I thought you were saying your watch was a gen N series with those hands, then I would've had to hit the books again.

fatarms

I made real poop in my pants halfway down page 2 AND at the bottom of page 3 :(

I'm not opening this thread again. :(

DeLaForce

Meh, 111 dull as dog shit anyways

fatarms

REAL POOP!

fana05

I'm pissed because I paid Toro for a v3 .. had I wanted an older version, I would've picked one up from m2m.. what's the point of paying premium for the "latest ultimate creme de la creme 1:1" and then the factory ends up using old shit to keep up with demand

people would be up in arms if they paid to get the v3 of the ap diver and they receive an older version... boggles my mind how one gets berated on here for wanting to get what they paid for

Edited by fana05

fatarms

fana, I get it.

Nine exclamation points?

BigsCG

I rate this Topic 9 out of 10 exclamation points. Minus 1 exclamation point for not also pointing out the 6. But I do give it a full 5 out of 5 asterisks.

Seriously though, I thought that is what these forums are for? Everything here is about pearl size, lume, font, and which version of the 2 should be on the dial. Beats reading about someones dumb ass kids on facebook.

gB.

Thank you for the OP ALE, albeit with the overdone exclamation points. :lol:

I can see how one would be pissed if they ordered and paid for newer updated version but received an older version.

Jason2008

Leave the man alone ! :giggle:

Just pointing out a detail wich is not identical to the gen dial, just about sharing information.

Personally i think the subject ' warning' is a bit much, but if anyone gets frustrated about a wrong dial, this is a good topic.

I couldn't care less if the 2 was wrong on mine, in fact, i still want a noob 111 V3 =)

Jay123

Just pointing out a detail wich is not identical to the gen dial, just about sharing information.

Personally i think the subject ' warning' is a bit much, but if anyone gets frustrated about a wrong dial, this is a good topic.

I couldn't care less if the 2 was wrong on mine, in fact, i still want a noob 111 V3 =)

Your missing the point, the comparison is of two fakes, one dial is extremely accurate, the other not. But they are being sold as the same.

deju

That's not exactly a major flaw... It's a rep none of my friends would be able to call me out with something like... Your 2 is totally wrong! Interesting spot no less!

I think the longer you look at your QC pics the more you convince your self of major flaws... Or at least I do lol

JohnPilot

flashknt.jpg

muhahaha ....

Jason2008

Your missing the point, the comparison is of two fakes, one dial is extremely accurate, the other not. But they are being sold as the same.

yes, you are Right............. :sad:

Maybe next time,...... have to read better....

So.... we are comparing a rep with a rep............. :coffee2:

fana05

That's not exactly a major flaw... It's a rep none of my friends would be able to call me out with something like... Your 2 is totally wrong! Interesting spot no less!

I think the longer you look at your QC pics the more you convince your self of major flaws... Or at least I do lol

You don't get it do ya? I paid for a v3 because I wanted the latest and most accurate version. If I wanted a superlumed v2.5 or whatever, I would've picked up a used one off of M2M

deju

You don't get it do ya?

I do I had the exact same dilemma with a 127 I've bought from Toro over the Crystal! Days I stared at my QC pictures haha

repock

Luckily I received qc pics yesterdays from toro. I think this is a good model.

gtwc

Thank you for the OP ALE, albeit with the overdone exclamation points. :lol:

I can see how one would be pissed if they ordered and paid for newer updated version but received an older version.

+1

(too lazy to think of something original)

:giggle:

jeffw69

I'm putting all of you on ignore now! I have a fucking migraine!