Sign in to follow this  
ALE7575

Dial ISSUE at "2" in PAM 111 V3 Noob

midasmook

Ale7575 does fantastic work and I now consult his guide over at RWI before I buy any other Pam. I appreciate all the work he does on the subject of Pams.

He has done an awful lot to help others on all boards and has written probably the definitive Pam guide. Thanks Ale

Luthier

Price of 316L is not different from price of 316F, and I know it on my own experience, dealing with chinese watch factories DIRECTLY.

Same way I know, that rep. factories don't give damn about my, or yours, or Angus opinions or demands. They do, what they want, and the only thing they care is a profit, and, since we buy and will buy watches - their profit is guaranteed.

Luthier

Ale7575 does fantastic work and I now consult his guide over at RWI before I buy any other Pam. I appreciate all the work he does on the subject of Pams.

He has done an awful lot to help others on all boards and has written probably the definitive Pam guide. Thanks Ale

Wrong, Midas. ALE just discouraged tons of people from buying watches.

midasmook

And how do you work that one out ? and even if it did why should that worry you ? you don't sell reps do you ?

Jason2008

thanks Ale for the info.

i knew nothing about Pam's but now........... thanks for that :notworthy:

probably need to read it 10 times more to get it right....., was planning to pull the trigger on the Noob 111 V3 , but i'm lost right now.... , wich dealer has the right dial and wich one has the wrong.

I never ask quality pictures, just trust the dealer was my idea, never got dissapointed in the past.

Was planning to order at mr, but not so sure anymore.. ( nothing to do with mr, only doubting about the watch )

Edited by Jason2008

Jay123

Its not the dealer mate, its the actual people who source the dealers who are changing the dial

ALE7575

I'm receiving a lot of PM and a lot of posts saying: "Thanks I have started my purchases encouraged and reading your Guide and your posts" "Please continue in this way"

Never, and I say NEVER, have received nothing talking about discouragement

Why are you saying that? have you anything to prove it?

ALE

projectologist
Price of 316L is not different from price of 316F, and I know it on my own experience, dealing with chinese watch factories DIRECTLY.

Same way I know, that rep. factories don't give damn about my, or yours, or Angus opinions or demands. They do, what they want, and the only thing they care is a profit, and, since we buy and will buy watches - their profit is guaranteed.

THIS is the bottom line folks.

One of my wife's businesses deals with vendors in both China and Taiwan so she has a good understanding how manufacturing in Asia works... it all comes down to how many you want... trust me the PAM part of rep manufacturing is so small in numbers compared to rep Rolex sales its mind boggling (and the bottom line is how many watches of a particular brand are they going to sell... a couple of hundred watches isn't going get to them very excited). So from an economic standpoint alone there is little motivation to hear our cries and re-tool for a completely new watch or part. Of course there have been many improvements over time but they're usually incremental.

Luthier

And how do you work that one out ? and even if it did why should that worry you ? you don't sell reps do you ?

"i knew nothing about Pam's but now........... thanks for that im%20Not%20Worthy.gif

probably need to read it 10 times more to get it right....., was planning to pull the trigger on the Noob 111 V3 , but i'm lost right now"

That's how.

No, I don't sell, I buy.

Luthier

I'm receiving a lot of PM and a lot of posts saying: "Thanks I have started my purchases encouraged and reading your Guide and your posts" "Please continue in this way"

Never, and I say NEVER, have received nothing talking about discouragement

Why are you saying that? have you anything to prove it?

ALE

Yes. Read post #130, please. And he's not alone. You know, what's going on at RWI - some people already asking their money back, I was told.

ALE7575

I probably wouldn't have noticed the difference in QC pics & could live with either version but do appreciate knowing about it.

IMHO, a main reason we're getting such excellent reps these days is this kind of hyper focus, analism, attention to detail, etc among buyers.

thanks Ale

thanks Ale for the info.

probably need to read it 10 times more to get it right....., was planning to pull the trigger on the Noob 111 V3 , but i'm lost right now.... , wich dealer has the right dial and wich one has the wrong.

I never ask quality pictures, just trust the dealer was my idea, never got dissapointed in the past.

Was planning to order at mr, but not so sure anymore.. ( nothing to do with mr, only doubting about the watch )

Thanks friends for your support

I have worked during about 600 hours in the PAM GUIDE and I spend more one hour daily to update it, just to discourage people to buy reps !! It is just ridiculous !!

ALE

@ Jason: concerning QCpics, you have to ask the dealer for them always, in order to guarantee you will recive the correct watch. As above said it is not a dealer problem it is a maker problem. ask for the QC pics, see the dial and then you take your decission. No worries about

PM me to RWI if you have some doubts.

Jason2008

I probably wouldn't have noticed the difference in QC pics & could live with either version but do appreciate knowing about it.

IMHO, a main reason we're getting such excellent reps these days is this kind of hyper focus, analism, attention to detail, etc among buyers.

thanks Ale

thanks Ale for the info.

Thanks friends for your support

I have worked during about 600 hours in the PAM GUIDE and I spend more one hour daily to update it, just to discourage people to buy reps !! It is just ridiculous !!

ALE

@ Jason: concerning QCpics, you have to ask the dealer for them always, in order to guarantee you will recive the correct watch. As above said it is not a dealer problem it is a maker problem. ask for the QC pics, see the dial and then you take your decission. No worries about

PM me to RWI if you have some doubts.

Thanks Ale !!

This reaction is the same as the first post / opening topic you did...

All about helping us and sharing the same hobby...

Jason2008

"i knew nothing about Pam's but now........... thanks for that im%20Not%20Worthy.gif

probably need to read it 10 times more to get it right....., was planning to pull the trigger on the Noob 111 V3 , but i'm lost right now"

That's how.

No, I don't sell, I buy.

:lol:

honeybear

so this was serious..

Very much so... because 0.0080532738% of the world population call tell the difference in a rep on a dial from 10 miles away

Dude, you need to chill. For better or worse, there are people on this forum who are concerned about such flaws, and if you don't care, that's fine, but not everyone has to share your opinion. If this thread bothers you, don't read it.

jeffw69
9C200889-287A-4FF3-986E-65CF7031BDEA-4666-000004EB42F95698_zpse4bbc02a.jpg

Cyril_Clunge

Dude, you need to chill. For better or worse, there are people on this forum who are concerned about such flaws, and if you don't care, that's fine, but not everyone has to share your opinion. If this thread bothers you, don't read it.

this-arthur-s-seat-belongs-to-lionel-richie-24638-300.jpg

Realism

so this was serious..

Very much so... because 0.0080532738% of the world population call tell the difference in a rep on a dial from 10 miles away

If i don't? ban me for voicing out the logical? please do then... just because I disagree and dare to voice it out against the almighty ALE

ALE7575

I think that it is not yet clear my position concerning this matter

My opinion is that it is serious there are correct and wrong dials at the same time in the market !!!

Concerning the importance of the flaw:

Bear in mind that this flaw exists more a month ago and anyone, my self included, had realized the issue.

And we have studied and published a lot of QC pics of these V3 watches in RWI

Indeed was amperes in RWG who detected the flaw and not myself.

So, if you have a V3 with wrong dial just enjoy it !!!

But if you receive QC pics , bear iin mind this matter and you will decide

ALE

honeybear

If i don't? ban me for voicing out the logical? please do then... just because I disagree and dare to voice it out against the almighty ALE

I'm not the moderator, but my comment seems have resonated with one (see above). I don't even have an issue with you saying that it's not a big deal, it is clearly a "first world" problem, but you don't have to be so combative about it.

houndoggie

so this was serious..

Just like any addict, the behavior pattern is not normal so don't bring logic into it.

Realism

I'm not the moderator, but my comment seems have resonated with one (see above). I don't even have an issue with you saying that it's not a big deal, it is clearly a "first world" problem, but you don't have to be so combative about it.

how about the ones that agree with me? they are in the wrong too? you seemed to be hell bent in getting credits... like i mentioned the fact that you went all !!!!!!!!!!! all chicken little on a cosmetic flaw

Realism

so this was serious..

Just like any addict, the behavior pattern is not normal so don't bring logic into it.

I stayed out for pages now... and honeybear brought me in via calling my logic on rep unreasonable... ok game on... i have too much time till football starts anyway :giggle:

And oh I wasnt even trying to get people to change their minds... I was mocking at how "serious" this flaw really is... please carry on

Luthier

ALE, with all my due respect, seriously... you spent 600 hours on PAM guide??? Is it such an important thing??? Get a life, mate!!!

Most of us don't give flying fuck about slightly incorrect "2". You can start the poll about it, and you'll see.

It's just a REPLICA!!!

Realism

Like mentioned... wasn't combative... more like mocking the seriousness of all of !!!!!!!!!!! and the chicken little screaming the seriousness of the flaw... yes I own gens and I am a stupid gen collector who can't tell a difference

Jay123

Moral of the story is, imo it cant be classed as a "super rep" with this dial IMO, look how easily it was spotted on the first page, thought "super reps" where meant to be more or less identical or so ive read on the rep forums,? What does my opinion count though?