Sign in to follow this  
edgematic

Audemars Piguet Millenary Quincy Jones, would you be interested?!

edgematic

Audemars Piguet is more than just the Royal Oak, with the Millenary, Jules Audemars, Edward Piguet and the Classic line they offer some exceptional pieces. Unfortunately it seems that those pieces never have drawn any attention to the rep makers or the repgeeks, since not many threads are up about this.

But, I'm here to ask you if you would be interested in a proper rep of another AP classic, the Millenary. Sometimes the expression of a particular watch design can often “make it or break it.” Here is an example of a watch design that definitely “makes it”. With it's unique oval case design I think it's one of the other great pieces AP has ever produced. Problem with the Millenary to rep has always been the complex in house movement or the open caseback.

I'm here trying to convince you for a change ;) :P. In 2009 AP has release a limited edition Millenary of 500 pieces in tribute to the legendary musician Quincy Jones.

The QJ Millenary has got a closed caseback with the QJ signature on it, which makes it perfect imo. The movement is the AP 3120 caliber, which is also used in the Diver, I hope you hear me coming now.

The case is a blackened steel case, single sided AR on the crystal (inside only), a leather croco strap with the AP folding clasp we know from the offshore reps. The datewheel is black.

So basically we could be using the movement used in the AP Diver, it already has the correct DW, not the correct speed since AP's caliber is a low beat but most of us don't care about that.

Since there is not a single good dress watch rep from AP (except for the Royal Oaks, but with the open caseback they still have flaws), I think this might be a possible one. Now I'd like to hear your thoughts about this model and if you would ever buy this if it were repped. After the Diver V3 / V3.5 we know which standards the rep factories has gotten to.

Anyhow, I'm wild about this one and I do hope I'm not the only one. Please share your thoughts.

Retail price is around $21,400

Link to AP's website: http://www.audemarspiguet.com/en/watch-collection/millenary/millenary-quincy-jones-limited-edition

Some pics:

MillenaryQuincyJonesWatch1.jpg

MillenaryQuincyJonesWatch2.jpg

MillenaryQuincyJonesWatch3.jpg

MillenaryQuincyJonesWatch4.jpg

MillenaryQuincyJonesWatch5.jpg

MillenaryQuincyJonesWatch6.jpg

MillenaryQuincyJonesWatch7.jpg

MillenaryQuincyJonesWatch8.jpg

MillenaryQuincyJonesWatch9.jpg

MillenaryQuincyJonesWatch10.jpg

video:

th_7dea3de2.jpg?videoplayer=offsite

This is a piece our dealers can currently offer (picked a picture from timeshops as he has good pics, I'm not affiliated with this dealer)

ap1280c-ap-millenary-reserve-duo-time-black-dial-ss-lt-asian-automatic.jpg

Realism

edge... i'm more curious about who's the guy w/o the face.... hmmmm ... hmhhhhmmmmm

greg_r

Much prefer this piece in SS rather than PVD, which doesn't suit it at all IMO.

sardonix

First honest thought, not like it, never would buy this one.

baxter

kind of with greg on that - understand with the closed case back though !!

RichardMiami

I had a gen on the other week, in SS, and it lasted about 30 seconds on my wrist... the Royal Oaks I was looking at were awesome. My wife told me that the salesman was getting a hard on (her exact words) when he thought I was going to buy a $33k AP RO Skeleton watch. He was not my type, but the watch was fucking AWESOME

Audemars-Piguet-Royal-Oak-Skeleton-5.jpg

Sorry, different strokes for different folks I guess.

powderfreak

Not my taste, really not comparable to the classig Genta design(s) imo...

houndoggie

I had a gen on the other week, in SS, and it lasted about 30 seconds on my wrist... the Royal Oaks I was looking at were awesome. My wife told me that the salesman was getting a hard on (her exact words) when he thought I was going to buy a $33k AP RO Skeleton watch. He was not my type, but the watch was fucking AWESOME

Your wife, she looks at other men's crotches a lot?

:giggle:

RichardMiami

Your wife, she looks at other men's crotches a lot?

:giggle:

yep... and I am still #1... :rofl:

James.

Yuck

Member X

Not my taste, really not comparable to the classig Genta design(s) imo...

+1

KrakDrazh

Not my taste either, love the classic Genta though!

Higs

Not a pleasant watch at all IMO.

If I was given a genuine one I think I'd sell it and donate the money to charities for the blind.

edgematic

sorry for the interested guys, noob maker answerred to the request, it's a no-go, he's not interested in this watch.

Luthier
I hope you hear me coming now.

Yes, we all hear your moaning...

:D

sorry for the interested guys, noob maker answerred to the request, it's a no-go, he's not interested in this watch.

You know Mr. Liu's phone number?

:rofl: