Sign in to follow this  
bruno7

My PAM 111 arrived today!

bruno7

Hi guys!

So, after three weeks of waiting and getting desperate as I wasn't able to track the package (altough I was provided with the tracking number), I've received my PAM 111 today. Bought Noob's V3 from Torobravo and I am very happy with the overall experience.

It came bubble wrapped in like zillion layers which is always good. :-)

After unpacking, I could only say one word.

WOW.

And then one more time. WOW.

As some of you know from my earlier post I used to own genuine 111 in years 2005 - 2010. That watch was different - it did not have sandwich dial and had different movement decoration.

However, these two things aside - and believe me I knew my watch by heart - I am not able to tell the difference.

Yes. This rep is that good.

I am no fond of geneva waves decoration in Panerai watches in general, but on the other hand I love sandwich dials.

So, funny enough - I like this watch even more than I did the original one! :-D

It is almost scary how close these guys can get to the genuine watch. Yes, this one is not water resistant and has few flaws but given the price difference...

I just cannot understand how can this watch be so cheap.

Now let's get to the flaws. I do not care if some balance screw is longer or shorte than original etc.

Sadly, the movement decoration on my 111 is not clean at all. I've enclosed few pictures (crappy ones made under terrible light and with iPhone 4), maybe you'll be able to spot it there. The bridge to the right from the balance is scratched and there are few more scratches on the movement as well. I wasn't able to recognize these from the quality pics I received.

BUT! These are only so minor tiny scratches that they are only visible under a very close inspection and under certain lighting angle.

The second and the last thing is the pin in crown guard - it is not leveled with CG. It protrudes a fraction of a milimetr above the CG when loking from the front and is recessed a bit from the back.

BUT AGAIN! He who doesn't know the watch will never notice this!

Everything else is spot on! The dial, hands, the case and even AR seems to be amazingly good! Same goes for luminova.

Overall I was stunned with the quality of this watch. It cost me cca 270 Euro including shipping through Spain. The official price of the new watch here in Czech Republic is cca 5120 Euro.

I've always been against replicas and fakes of all kinds. But I know that unless I win a lottery I won't be able to buy genuine PAM 111. Ever. And I missed this watch so much that I went with a rep and am happy now.

You know what? This watch actually winds much much smoother than my gen did! :-)

Big thanks to all of you who helped me get this watch.

Thank you.

David

As I said - these pictures no good, haven't got any other camera here and the lighting is awful.

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo10.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo5.jpg

photo6.jpg

photo7.jpg

And just for fun - I've found a very old picture of that gen I used to own... ;-)

111_wrist_web.jpg

Edited by bruno7

DR3M3L

C:\Users\Ultimo01\Desktop\photo%201.JPG

C:\Users\Ultimo01\Desktop\photo%202.JPG

C:\Users\Ultimo01\Desktop\photo%203.JPG

C:\Users\Ultimo01\Desktop\photo%204.JPG

C:\Users\Ultimo01\Desktop\photo%205.JPG

:lmao: :lmao:

dingle

Oh snap....

C:

:rofl:

Kal-el
:ttiwwop:

DR3M3L

Sorry I'll be nice mate, nothing to do with you but I really laught loud when I saw C:\ url :lmao:

Thanks for your review, waiting for some nice pics :)

onionbag

:clap:

Tip: Upload your images to Flickr, select the forum link from there and paste in your post.

Chavezzito

:lmao:

Oh man that was funny! Hope you like the watch!

projectologist

Congrats!

The cg pin has been an issue on every Noob V3 case set I've bought. Easy fix, just remove and sand it down a little, then re-polish. It goes back in easily as its a splined pressure fit.

Luthier

Bruno, are you sure you had a gen?

;)

bruno7

:lmao:

Sorry for that C: thing, stupid me. I haven't posted images to any forum in years....

It'll be up soon. Hang on.

Olly

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO nice, mines in the process from toro :mustache:

fana05

Nice "2" at 12 :giggle:

hondas2000

Nice buddy

Aren

Congratulations! Splendid watch.

:)

Soopah Spy

Gotta admit... that is some hotness right there.

Abagnale

nice watch mate. what a pity you had to sell that beautiful 111 with sausage dial and old style engraved movement...

enjoy

acid_luving

Hi bruno

How long did it take fir you to receive the watch from ordering to having it hands on

Cos toro told me that he would be sendinh me the qc pics day before yesterday but i have not received any email from him as of now.

I do not know the reason

acid_luving

whats is the strap is it the BROWN TAN from TORO??

Edited by acid_luving

bruno7

Hi bruno

How long did it take fir you to receive the watch from ordering to having it hands on

Cos toro told me that he would be sendinh me the qc pics day before yesterday but i have not received any email from him as of now.

I do not know the reason

I had to wait for QC pics for few days as well. And then it took exactly 3 weeks to get the watch. It took this long due to having it shipped through Spain to avoid customs.

whats is the strap is it the BROWN TAN from TORO??

I ordered the watch with a rubber strap as I still have about 10 leather straps from the time I had the gen. (I somehow knew I'd buy this watch again...;-))

The one on these new pictures is Toscana strap, one of my favorites.

The one on the gen 111 picture is gen brown aligator - cost me a fortune at the time but it is soooo beautiful. Couldn't give it away so I still have it. Cannot wait to try it on!

glay78

awesome wrist shots. I'm really tempted to pull the trigger for this PAM...on my I've got Pam Bugs on me

jeffrx

I just ordered one from WI. Looking forward to getting it. Yours looks awesome.

Galy

Does the watch case is larger than your wrist? BTW the watch looks very good!!!!!

Edited by Galy

locoandroid

I just ordered mine last week, can't wait to get my hands on this bad boy