Sign in to follow this  
ALE7575

*** HOW to detect the WRONG dial in a PAM 111 V3 Noob ? ***

ALE7575

THE PURPOSE OF THIS THREAD IS TO INFORM YOU ABOUT THE WAY TO DETERMINE IF YOUR DIAL IS CORRECT OR WRONG.

INTRODUCTION

In the last days, starting from some comments and pics in the forum RWG, we have detected a flaw in the dial of PAM 111 N V3 from Noob.

This affects to the markers “3”, “6” and mainly “2”

This flaw exists surely from the introduction of the V3 but nobody had been able to see it. Because it is noticeable if you are aware of it but, obviously, it is not easy to detect this flaw if you don’t know about it.

We are here for discussion about accuracy of watches, but don't forget that many times accuracy is very subjective.

OWNERS CAN BE CALM and HAPPY

People with wrong dial V3 have not a big problem, 99,5% of people will not be able to see the flaws, and their replicas will continue having a great quality.

Be sure. People with wrong dials can be calm and feel happy, it is not a big trouble and maybe their reps have other hiden problems more serious.

Anyway some dealers as Puretime and Toro have offering to their customers free charge new correct dials or a free dial change sending the watch to them.

Some years ago this had been a little issue or an acceptable flaw.

Nowadays and after the marketing of V3 introduction this is a little disappointed.

No problem having a very good watch and almost perfect replica with a little different markers, but this is not what we were waiting for a V3 and less mixing in the market good and wrong dials. And this is the matter

Fortunately dealers and even Noob factory maker have offered to their customers above mentioned reposition service

HOW TO DETECT THE WRONG DIAL

We will talk about the “2” at twelve marker, because is the most different and easier to detect.

You can see below the little size pic of the correct and wrong dial and a macro of the “2” markers.

It even seems that the correct dial has thicker markers

PAM111V3DIALDIFERENTEEN2copiar.jpg

THE CORRECT AND THE WRONG DIAL

THE EASIIER WAY TO DETECT THE FLAW IS DRAWING THE LINES SHOWED IN BELOW PIC

PAM111V3DIALDIFERENTEEN2-alineacion1.jpg

THIS IS THE EASIER WAY TO DETECT THE WRONG DIAL

You can see that the correct “2” is closing at the top but the wrong “2” is even opening.

If your “2” is like showed in the pic at the right side, be sure that your dial is wrong. Otherwise your dial is correct.

Following pics are only for your information about other differences

PAM111V3DIALDIFERENTEEN2-Alincostados.jpg

PAM111V3DIALDIFERENTEEN2-angulo.jpg

PAM111V3DIALDIFERENTEEN2-intermedia.jpg

PAM111V3DIALDIFERENTEEN2-formas-2.jpg

And now a superposition pic, the orange contour is from the wrong “2” marker, below is the correct one in white.

PAM111V3DIALDIFERENTEEN2-superposicion.jpg

I hope you will be able to detec the flaw by yourself by this thread

Thanks for your attention

ALE

houndoggie

You are really harshing curvy "2"'s buzz.... man.

arancini

Another excellent, informative thread from ALE on all things PAM.

You're the Man Buddy.

It was your awesome thread on Rep. PAMs that got me interested in this game again.

Thanks for posting. (P..S. Relieved to know my Noob V3 passed the dreaded "2" Test.)

1970yvo

Just ordered PAM 111 V3 Noob from Toro.

Having looked at the QC pics he has sent it would appear I have he correct dial fitted - 'happy days'.

Thanks for the advice, very informative!

Jose Betancur

great!

rhounsell

Very informative ALE, I'm sure those in the process of purchasing a new V3 will find this helpful.

Scottie

Thanks ALE, these pics are a great illustration. One that confirmed for me that my V3 from Toro is correct.

canakris

yup, indeed helpful for a quick look

DR3M3L

I got a pam with the second type of the 2. But I still like it very much, who would even notice?

LightGeek

Thank you for this thread, and also not saying "How to detect the wrong dial on a PAM 111 v3 noob !!!!!!!"

:)

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse the brevity of this message.

Focal
I got a pam with the second type of the 2. But I still like it very much, who would even notice?

Just let them send you a replacement dial. Maybe someday someone can put it in for you or increase the vallue of the watch when you sell it!

I have the correct version, lets compare them at the gtg!

Edited by Focal

tesmith2112

Wow! That was thorough. You're not going to make any friends with TD's, that's for sure! Thank you for taking the time. I would have never noticed.

psarid

incredible how thorough you guys are with this stuff. never would have thought to look at that

hondas2000

Nice job

webking185

you have to be very detail on looking at the watch, at first glance you may not notice it, however, looking at the wrong 2 more carefully, you can see its was design incorrectly. hopefully people got a replacement dial.

JohnPilot

Nice job.

Now I understand.

KeNnY

Thank you Ale ! :)

hdd

Wow! Thanks for taking the time to do this informative stuff : )