Sign in to follow this  
slimcubby

My second purchase.. Chronomat Evo Black. Any opinions?

Luthier

Why not to buy from our Trusted Dealers?

slimcubby

I will buy from Mary most likely but use this site for reference. Trusty Time is on the trusted dealer list too though.

Luthier

He's on "Other dealers" list.

Watch is nice, Mary sell it for less, probably. I love mine.

BCETT.jpg

raevyn00

I'd go with Mary too, my experience with her and Rochest has been wonderful. And yes Mary tends to be cheaper on the whole.

I love that they aren't scared to tell you whats wrong with a watch.

Luthier

+1.

slimcubby

Officially have my list... (small list) but a list of my next purchases! :) And I will for sure go with Mary. I just bought a Tag Heuer Carrera 16 Day Date from her and love it.

1. PAM250 2006 DayLight Chrono 44mm http://www.ttw168.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=37_52&products_id=817

2. Breitling Chronomat Evo Black Ultimate http://www.ttw168.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=16_141&products_id=1230

Luthier

I'd recommend 224 instead of 250. Way more beautiful.

01-14.jpg

slimcubby

Wow that's really nice! Does it come in leather band with black face? I'm new to the Pam watches from this site. What model is newer?

slimcubby

What do you guys think about this Breitling? Titanium Avenger Chrono.

Gen photo

Breitling-Chrono-Avenger-titanium-black-dial-brown-strap.jpg

ronin007

Love my one,this came from Trusty IMG_1269_zpsa8613ed2.jpg

slimcubby

Nice ronin I like it. Is that an avenger as well or a different model?

tbaink2000

Love my one,this came from Trusty IMG_1269_zpsa8613ed2.jpg

i love that,,,wow

slimcubby

Saw this code yellow with rubber strap in another thread and think it changes my mind! Pretty damn stunning and I wasn't even considering the yellow or rubber. Only issue with these models is the flaws in the dial that are noticeable. Are there any other similar Avengers that don't have such noticeable flaws?

IMG_0649.jpg

tbaink2000

i need a good dealer for a nice sweeping second hand rolex,,,,

slimcubby
i need a good dealer for a nice sweeping second hand rolex,,,,

Hey hey hey! No thread jacking! :P

hnic
Saw this code yellow with rubber strap in another thread and think it changes my mind! Pretty damn stunning and I wasn't even considering the yellow or rubber. Only issue with these models is the flaws in the dial that are noticeable. Are there any other similar Avengers that don't have such noticeable flaws?

IMG_0649.jpg

the code yellow is very close to gen and with some small mods (see second hand) its near 'perfect'

Higs

What 'dial flaws'?

Note that the gen was supplied with both a solid yellow and tipped sec hand.

(although I will at some point send mine off to have it painted solid - I prefer the bolder look)

Mine says hello...

P1040466.JPG

triplehd

The BCE is a solid piece. Very close to the gen. The Skyland Code Yellow is an awesome piece as well - now that they updated the dial with the "Swiss Made".

slimcubby

Oh so the dial now has the Swiss made marking on it?

Does anyone know if the rubber band from the Avenger will fit on the Chronomat Evo?

Higs

Oh so the dial now has the Swiss made marking on it?

Indeed it has but isn't this another Breitlingism, like the all (or not) yellow second hand and the round/square minute markers on the SuperOcean44.

There are gens with and without. Every so often, deliberately or otherwise, they change the design a little bit. Whereas we get fixated about what the gen looks like even though there is more variance in the gen than in the rep.

slimcubby

Never thought of it like that. Good point Higs. I thought the code yellow gen came only with full painted second hand but I guess I was wrong. That makes me feel better about the rep with partial hand now. One question though.. On the code yellow the minute markings are silver and on the non code yellow avenger they are white. Is this to an accurate variance or are they suppose to be silver?

slimcubby

Can anybody chime in on how small will the Rubber straps go? I have a pretty thin wrist and don't want to buy if it won't tighten up enough.

Higs

Never thought of it like that. Good point Higs. I thought the code yellow gen came only with full painted second hand but I guess I was wrong. That makes me feel better about the rep with partial hand now. One question though.. On the code yellow the minute markings are silver and on the non code yellow avenger they are white. Is this to an accurate variance or are they suppose to be silver?

It's a grim, grey morning here (virtually the shortest day of the year) and I'm really struggling to see but if I had to guess I'd say the minute markers on mine were white, not silver. I have no idea what they are supposed to be or whether this is another of those things that has changed over the life of the genuine piece.

Can anybody chime in on how small will the Rubber straps go? I have a pretty thin wrist and don't want to buy if it won't tighten up enough.

Mine is cut for a 19cm wrist and looking at it I reckon I could cut three more holes off each side of the strap so 3cm in total. So it would go down to a 16cm (6.3") wrist. Anyone with a wrist that small would have to really like the big, shiny watch look to pull off an Avenger.

If your wrist is <7" maybe think about a Steelfish instead.

I've got one of those too. Mine doesn't claim to be the 'closest' rep in existence - it's a 21J movement, V1 dial and V2 case but I like it....

P1040203.JPG

P1040212.JPG

Get a V2 one in black and it's a very good rep.

ronin007

The pic of my watch is the TT Bce and I've also the code yellow which is a superb watch