Sign in to follow this  
Mishadoodle

What do folks think of this watch?

Mishadoodle

It looks a bit sloppy to me. Is this my imagination?

1. On the face/front of the watch in the top left corner is there rust or unrefined/unpolished metal? What's the brown stuff there?

2. Are the dimensions (length, width, & Height) of the watch correct/true to the Cartier "Tank Americaine"? The watch looks wider or "stubby" from the pics.

3. Are the links closest to the top of the watch scuffed or unfinished? They don't look shiny like the pics on the Cartier site.

y3ede3e6.jpgutytybet.jpgadysuhaq.jpg2ahaquby.jpge9anu4ug.jpg

James.

Bit too small for my tastes.

subiim

Small and square and gay

Luthier

It's Ladies watch!!!

P.S. Brown stuff??? Oh, shit...

:rofl:

TT88

how much are you paying for this?

and please don't compare to the website. those are enhanced photos.

KrakDrazh

How did the watch look on the td site, is the qc pictures true to them? (you can't compare qc pictures to gen pictures unless td haven't any rep pictures).

Can't see any brown, but the first links seem rough/unpolished. Ask td if it's supposed to be like that and make sure it's not damaged/scratched.

What I did react to was the line in the X on the left side, one of the lines seemed to have really weak colour.

Appart from this it looks good! Remember to zoom out and look at the picture in normal size, nitpick from that view since it is how you will see it 99% of the time. ;-)

hnic

dont like it

cant imagine it looks good on other pics

Mishadoodle

There weren't any photos for this watch on this TDs site.

The answers obtained from the TD are below just following my original questions. Keep in mind I was never asked if I wanted a "low value rep" or a "high value rep." Honestly I would have rather ponied up double the money for a "high value" rep as I came very close to dropping big dollars on a gen.

Oh well...

1. On the face/front of the watch in the top left corner is there rust or unrefined/unpolished metal? What's the brown stuff there?

-------That is reflection

2. Are the dimensions (length, width, & Height) of the watch correct/true to the Cartier "Tank Americaine"? The watch looks wider or "stubby" from the pics.

------I don't have original , this is low value rep watch , not the super rep

3. Are the links closest to the top of the watch scuffed or unfinished? They don't look shiny like the pics on the Cartier site.

-------From my eyes this standard quaity of rep , it is worth value , we really can not picky with them

KrakDrazh

The question then is if it exist a better rep of this version. It is important to early state your intentions and hopes for the watch. There is tons of reps out there, and most of them look like shit. Especially for women watches i think it's hard to find good quality, so it's important at the first enquiry to ask if that version is good enough quality compared to your expectations. As they state, this is good copy but far from a quality one. How much is it?

If you compare to other watches that cost 250+, if they just change the font and some other small thing, the price easily goes up $100+ on the new version, so compare your price with the given quality. But ask if they can get better version, but count on the price doubling for correcting those things.

Mishadoodle

Prices was just under $200.

I agree that it seems as though the quality of women's watches isn't as good as men's for some reason??

greg_r

Quality varies, unfortunately, and it tends to be the more popular models that are the best repped. There are some decent women's reps out there, but it's true that they're not the big sellers, so there aren't so many good ones...

histog

I use this site for friends, aunts, nieces, etc who just want a quartz rep watch that looks ok and works,

prices gone up a little but I got 2 ladies santos for $40 inc p&p, since then Iv bought a few and all worked and unmarked :)

for the money there worth a punt

They are not a trusted dealer on here tho and I would not use them for anything decent

https://sites.google.../brands/Cartier

Sorry to mods if I should not be posting this link, if so please delete it :)

Edited by histog

Loonie

Will probably look better in real life, but this may be a lesson to avoid low quality reps in the future.

Personally I'd ask the dealer to swap for a high quality rep if possible (I don't think they are obliged), WI have been accommodating to me in the past with an order, but not all may be.

Loonie

Ordered a couple of nice ladies tag link reps, they arrived last week somewhere. Mary would not entertain the sale of the first few watches I sent pics of as she thought that they were not up to it.

Just got home from a two week business trip and need to find out where they have arrived too!!!

Pics later if I find them... :tea:

glay78

Not my type

Mishadoodle

So I just got my cartier tank americaine. Can anyone tell me how to get it moving?

LightGeek

This was... $100? Looks like a budget build.

Mishadoodle

What's a "budget build"? This was over $100!

Luthier

$100 IS a "budget" watch. Good one cost $250-$350.

McJules

looks cheap to me, sorry

HeavyKrush
So I just got my cartier tank americaine. Can anyone tell me how to get it moving?
What movement?

964boy

Wife has one just like it.